• [RadioInsight] RoRo Investments Acquires Panama City Trio

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 3 11:22:34 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    RoRo Investments Acquires Panama City Trio

Posted: 02 May 2022 03:22 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224922/roro-investments-acquires-panama-city-trio/

Roberta Fagans RoRo Investments LLC has agreed to acquire Great American Broadcastings three FMs in Panama City FL for $180,000.

RoRo will acquire Classic Hits B95.9” WRBA Springfield, Country “Kickn 103.5” WKNK Callaway, and Variety Hits “105.1 Bob-FM” WASJ Panama City Beac. The deal will be paid via a $100,000 promissory note and the
    remainder through the payment of any amounts past due under the station contracts.

After ceasing operations of the three stations following Hurricane Michael
    in 2018, Powell Broadcasting sold them to Sam Rogatinsky’s Gulf Coast Broadcasting for $325,000 in December 2018. Rogatinsky turned around and
    sold them to Aaron Scott Lee’s Great American Broadcasting in July 2019 for $700,000.

G Accelerate Networks Adds Bridge Ratings' StreamStats

Posted: 02 May 2022 02:28 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224926/g-accelerate-networks-adds-bridge-ratings-streamstats/

G Accelerate Networks continues to expand its footprint in quality network radio offerings with the announcement of a new partnership with Bridge
    Ratings Media Research, a leading research firm that studies and analyzes listener behavior trends. The arrangement gives G Accelerate exclusive advertising and affiliate sales rights to Bridge Ratings’ StreamStats, a proprietary research tool that provides market- station- and audience-based on-demand streaming data, associated with P1 listening, for fully
    comprehensive music research.
    “On-demand music streaming consumption is exploding,” said Jim Higgins, Chief Executive Officer of G Accelerate. “Understanding the relationship between streaming and radio listening behaviors is helping StreamStats’ affiliates properly align their on-air playlists with the true song
    consumption of their audience. Dave Van Dyke is one of the most respected researchers in the industry, and we’re excited to bring these music
    listening insights to radio station program directors, who need and want
    this all-inclusive data.”
    StreamStats’ provides insights not available from call-out or auditorium tests. It goes further than other on-demand streaming research services
    that measure only popularity. While stream counts are a basic indicator of popularity, StreamStats extends its research to include primary or P1 radio format listeners.
    “Heavy radio listeners stream differently than light or non-radio users,” explained Dave Van Dyke, President and Founder of Bridge Ratings. “We see a direct correlation between use of on-demand streaming data for programming music and music selection and increases in audience tune-in occasions and time-spent-listening. This additional insight is key for program directors
    who seek to understand how their listeners are consuming music. That’s why
    I partnered with Jim and his team at G Accelerate. They understand the
    value of these insights and can effectively communicate those values to
    station program directors.”
    Bridge Ratings’ streaming data is sourced through the volume of streams per platform. Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Music, Apple Music, and others
    contribute data points to StreamStats’ charts. Lifegroup profiles are also taken into consideration.
    “Song popularity as measured by streams is a primary metric but is
    amplified by song passion,” Van Dyke added. “StreamStats provides this consumption metric in addition to a Passion Index, which reflects repeat listens of a song over time.”
    Radio stations that want to learn more about Bridge Ratings’ StreamStats should contact Rich O’Brien at (212) 380-9338 or robrien@gognetworks.com

Domain Insight 5/2: Are Pure Domains For Stolz' Stations In Las Vegas & San Francisco?

Posted: 02 May 2022 08:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/netgnomes/224864/domain-insight-5-2-are-pure-domains-for-stolz-stations-in-las-vegas-san-francisco/

Has Ed Stolz found an operator for his FMs in Las Vegas and San Francisco?
    This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
    the site and log in/register to read.

Cumulus Media Promotes Brian Phillips to Chief Content Officer

Posted: 02 May 2022 06:28 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224894/cumulus-media-promotes-brian-phillips-to-chief-content-officer/

Cumulus Media has announced the promotion of Brian Phillips from
    EVP/Content and Audience to Chief Content Officer.

Phillps joined Cumulus in May 2019 after previously spending sixteen years
    at the CMT cable network eventually serving as President until his exit in
    June 2017. Prior to moving to television, Phillips served as Program
    Director at stations including CHR Eagle 106 WEGX Philadelphia, Alternative
    99X WNNX Atlanta and Country 99.5 KPLX Dallas and head of FM Programming
    for Susquehanna Media.

Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announced today that Brian Philips has been promoted to Chief Content Officer, responsible for content across all
    Cumulus platforms, reporting to Mary G. Berner, President and Chief
    Executive Officer. Philips had previously served as Executive Vice
    President, Content and Audience, since 2019.

“Brian Philips is an exceptional executive and the perfect choice to lead
    our programming efforts as we continue to execute our audio-first strategy, which is transforming the Company from a traditional radio broadcaster into
    a multi-dimensional audio media company,” said Berner. “This promotion reflects Brian’s tremendous contributions, and I have full confidence in
    his creative vision, operational expertise, and savvy leadership to guide
    us through this critical evolution.”

Prior to joining Cumulus Media, Philips spent more than 30 years in
    television, film, and radio creation. He enjoyed an award-winning radio
    career, with more than 15 years leading radio programming at a number of
    major market stations, including Cumulus stations WNNX-FM and WWWQ-FM (Atlanta), and KPLX-FM (Dallas-Ft. Worth).

WRBS-FM Shines Brighter

Posted: 02 May 2022 06:24 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224892/wrbs-fm-shines-brighter/

Peter John Radio Fellowship Christian AC 95.1 Shine-FM WRBS-FM Baltimore
    has rebranded as Bright-FM.

In a statement explaining the change to listeners, General Manager Steve
    Lawhon says that they were using the Shine name under license from another Christian station in Illinois. In our digital media age, radio stations are
    no longer just local. You can hear them all over the world through the internet. Unfortunately, the number of “SHINE” stations began to cause some confusion for Illinois listeners, prompting the radio ministry to require
    all stations to stop using the name. I understand this completely.
    Thankfully, due to our long relationship, they allowed us to continue using
    the “SHINE” name until we were ready to make the change.

WRBS-FM has trademarked the Bright-FM name for its own purposes after using
    it for the past few years on its HD2 signal, which will be renamed in the future. The organization is also now operating its radio stations including WRBS-FM and Christian Preaching 1230 WRBS Baltimore under the Brighter
    Media Group name.

On May 2nd, Brighter Media Group’s flagship radio station, 95.1 SHINE-FM (WRBS-FM), will rebrand as BRIGHT-FM.

“Since 1964, when we acquired WRBS-FM, we have proclaimed Jesus. From 1964
    to 2009, we were known to listeners by our Federal Communications
    Commission designation ‘WRBS.’ In 2009, we became SHINE-FM, an easy-to-remember name with values that joined with our mission to shine the light of Jesus. Now, in 2022, 95.1 SHINE-FM will become BRIGHT-FM®,” announces Steve Lawhon, General Manager of Brighter Media Group. “This
    rename aligns our radio ministry to our media group, while also
    strengthening the reminder that we are a bright light to our audience
    locally and beyond.” BRIGHT-FM HD-2, which was previously using the name, will be renamed in the future.

John Lawhon, Director of Programming and Content adds, “We love the name BRIGHT-FM and believe our listeners will love it, too! More importantly, we
    are the same radio station, the same DJs and staff, and the same ministry
    that began 58 years ago.”

This move comes on the heels of additional growth and success for Brighter Media Group, including Molly Chambers promoted to Music Director in
    addition to her role on afternoons with Jack Larkin, the addition of Zeb
    Potler as videographer, and increasing its sales department with the
    additions of Beth Houck and Cara Franco. The VERSED podcast, hosted by John Lawhon, Brighter Media Group’s Director of Programming and Content, crossed 225,000 downloads in one year. The Walk With Jesus® Easter Text Experience
    saw a 10% growth over last year. This growth is reflective of the Brighter Media Group mission: reach more people with the gospel of Jesus Christ,
    help them grow deeper in their faith, and provide opportunities to live out their faith by serving others.

Sarah van Mosel Joins iHeartMedia as EVP of iHeart Audience Network

Posted: 02 May 2022 06:03 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224890/sarah-van-mosel-joins-iheartmedia-as-evp-of-iheart-audience-network/

iHeartMedia has announced the appointment of Sarah van Mosel as Executive
    Vice President of the iHeart Audience Network.

Van Mosel joins iHeartMedia from SiriusXM, where she served as Chief
    Revenue Officer of Stitcher leading podcast revenue strategy across
    SiriusXM, Pandora, and Stitcher. She had also held leadership positions at Market Enginuity, Acast, and New York Public Radio.

At iHeart, she will oversee the companys AI based advertising systems for streaming and podcasting, with the intent to add broadcast radio soon.

iHeartMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: IHRT), the leading audio company in America,
    today announced that it has named Sarah van Mosel as Executive Vice
    President of the iHeart Audience Network (iAN).

The iHeart Audience Network – the next evolution of audience-based buying – is a new service from iHeart that simplifies audio advertising. With
    inventory sourced from the expansive iHeartRadio database and other premium publishers across streaming and podcasting, the iHeart Audience Network is
    the leading service brands can rely on to reach addressable audiences in premium audio inventory at scale. Each network campaign will allow brands
    to unlock access to multiple services, including advanced targeting that
    looks across channels, devices and behaviors to pinpoint the right
    audience; and an upcoming one-of-a-kind brand safety tech tool, developed
    by iHeartMedia in partnership with Sounder, called Audio Intelligence,
    using AI and machine learning to check content against the IAB’s standards for brand safety. Today, the iHeart Audience Network spans streaming and podcasting with the added reach of broadcast radio available too.

As Executive Vice President for the iHeart Audience Network, van Mosel will additionally assist with iAN sales operations, publisher development and podcast slate partnerships for iHeartPodcasts, the No. 1 podcast publisher globally according to Podtrac. With her experience as a force in the podcasting business, van Mosel will work closely with Carter Brokaw,
    President of Digital Revenue Strategy to bolster iHeart’s continued growth
    in the space. She will report to Conal Byrne, Chief Executive Officer of
    the iHeartMedia Digital Audio Group.

“The iHeart Audience Network is the first and only audio marketplace that seamlessly unifies all forms of audio with one common set of audiences, and we’re thrilled Sarah is bringing her expertise, vision and talent to take these unique capabilities to their full potential for advertisers and publishers,” said Byrne. “She’s been at the forefront of innovation in podcasting from the very beginning and her unique perspective on the
    rapidly growing medium will ensure this venture becomes the premier service
    for all brands. The team is looking forward to seeing where she takes iAN next.”

A long-time champion of the industry and creator community, van Mosel most recently served as the Chief Revenue Officer at Stitcher, where she led
    podcast revenue strategy across SiriusXM, Pandora and Stitcher. Van Mosel
    was part of the leadership team that oversaw Stitcher’s acquisition by SiriusXM in October 2020. Following the acquisition, she was responsible
    for integrating Stitcher’s sales organization, setting direction for
    revenue growth and scaling opportunities for podcast monetization.

Van Mosel has also held multiple executive roles within the podcast space.
    As Chief Podcast Sales and Strategy Officer at Market Enginuity, van Mosel built the monetization engine for podcasts from PRX, Radiotopia, The Moth
    and TED Talks Daily. In addition to overseeing revenue generation, van
    Mosel drove content acquisition and business development across 13 public
    media stations in the top 10 U.S. markets. Prior to Market Enginuity, van
    Mosel has also held senior positions at Acast and WNYC. Additionally, she’s
    a founding member of the IAB Podcast Working Group.

“My path to iHeart has been a long one, but each step of the way has
    equipped me with the exact set of skills I need to lock arms with this outstanding team,” says van Mosel. “Anyone who knows me knows I love to build. I love to push the industry forward. The team at iHeart is poised to completely transform the audio industry and I can’t wait to be a part of it.”

Mister Cee & DJ Scratch Join 94.7 The Block

Posted: 02 May 2022 04:30 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224837/mister-cee-dj-scratch-join-94-7-the-block/

Audacy Classic Hip Hop 94.7 The Block WXBK Newark NJ has added mixers
    Mister Cee and DJ Scratch to their daily lineup.

Mister Cee will mix the Throwback at Noon, the same spot he was heard
    during much of his 21 year stint at Hot 97 WQHT from 1993 to 2014. He has
    also been heard on Cumulus Media Adult RB Radio 103.9 WNBM and SiriusXMs
    Rock The Bells Radio. Cee was also associate executive producer for the Notorious BIGs debut album.

DJ Scratchs ScratchVision Radio will be heard from 5-6pm during Shelley
    Wades afternoon show. He had been anchoring a Saturday night show on
    MediaCo Adult RB 107.5 WBLS until resigning in March. DJ Scratch has
    produced multiple albums for artists including Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J, and RZA.

2 MORE DAYS!!! I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF THE THROWBACK @
    NOON!!!! DEBUTING THIS MONDAY & AIRING MON-FRI 12NOON-1PM ON 94.7 THE BLOCK @947theblock NEW YORK’S #1 FOR THROWBACKS!!!! #TheRealIsBack #BackOnTheBox #TheCatStrikesAgain #TheFinisher #WallopKing pic.twitter.com/dMiwUQVoNo

- MISTER CEE (@djmistercee) April 30, 2022

My new chapter has begun. My show ScratchVision Radio is now on
    @947theblock Monday-Friday 5pm-6pm. New York’s #1 Station For Throwbacks. Every Saturday 6pm catch me on SiriusXM Channel 43 (Rock The Bells).
    Onward, upward . الله أكبر pic.twitter.com/SJn3lFUTIN

- DJ Scratch (@DJScratch) April 29, 2022

Seattle Times: The many lives of KEXP, now a more diverse, online global phenomenon

Posted: 01 May 2022 04:55 PM PDT https://www.seattletimes.com/pacific-nw-magazine/the-many-lives-of-kexp-now-a-more-diverse-online-global-phenomenon/

Cape Cod Wave: WOMR At 40; An Outermost Radio Tale of Audacity & Tenacity

Posted: 01 May 2022 04:51 PM PDT https://capecodwave.com/womr-at-40-an-outermost-radio-tale-of-audacity-tenacity/

Danny Bonaduce Takes Medical Leave From KZOK Morning Show

Posted: 01 May 2022 01:00 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224842/danny-bonaduce-takes-medical-leave-from-kzok-morning-show/

Danny Bonaduce is taking a leave of absence from mornings at iHeartMedia Classic Rock 102.5 KZOK Seattle due to an unknown illness affecting his balance.

The former child star has been hosting mornings at KZOK since 2011. He has spent much of his adult life in radio with stints at WLUP Chicago, WKQI Detroit, KLSX and KYSR Los Angeles, WBIX New York, and WEGX and WYSP Philadelphia since the late 80s. He has also been involved with multiple television talk and reality shows.

During his absence, co-host Sarah will lead the morning show, while the
    station will continue to feature best-of content from Bonaduce including
    his Danny Bonaduce Life Coach segments.

Some news to share. I’m taking a temporary medical leave from my radio
    show. I’ll share more when I know more. I’m still working towards receiving a diagnosis. What I know is, I need time to focus on my health. I love my
    job and talking to you guys & I’ll be back on the air soon. pic.twitter.com/spn9mScAHY

- Danny Bonaduce (@TheDoochMan) April 29, 2022

Thank you for all of the well wishes. It really means a lot to me that so
    many of you have reached out. Just wanted to share something my sister
    posted on Facebook. pic.twitter.com/sU6lzGLZjI

- Danny Bonaduce (@TheDoochMan) May 1, 2022

WQLA Flips To Classic Rock

Posted: 01 May 2022 12:30 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224834/wqla-flips-to-classic-rock/

Ron Meredith’s Clinton Broadcasters has flipped 960 WQLA/95.9 W240DT La Follette TN to Classic Rock 95.9 Rocks.

WQLA had been simulcasting co-owned Classic Country 1380 WYSH/99.5 W258DG Clinton and 101.1 W266AM Oak Ridge. The new brand is targeting the Norris
    Lake area north of Knoxville.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)