• [RadioInsight] KTIB Joins La Calle In Time Brokerage Deal

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 20 08:12:12 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    KTIB Joins La Calle In Time Brokerage Deal

Posted: 20 Apr 2022 04:30 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224071/ktib-joins-la-calle-in-time-brokerage-deal/

Omar Romeros FC New Orleans Inc. has begun operating GAP Broadcastings 640
    KTIB Thibodaux LA via Time Brokerage Agreeement leading to a simulcast of
    his Spanish CHR 97.9 La Calle K250BA New Orleans.

KTIB is also now serving as the originator of K250BAs programming replacing iHeartMedias 104.1 KVDU-HD3 Houma. The Time Brokerage Agreement term is for
    24 months that took effect on April 15. KTIBs current translator 103.7
    K279CU Thibodaux can be transferred to another parent station at any time
    as it is not bound to the lease of KTIB.

KTIB had featured a mix of Hot AC and Conservative Talk branded as
    Lagniappe 103.7. The station featured the Kidd Kraddick morning show, two
    local talk shows hosted by Gene Richard and Joey Sanders, Westwood Ones Dan Bongino, Chris Plante, and Mark Levin, and jockless music at night.

Philadelphia Radio Icon Sid Mark Passes At The Age Of 88

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 02:18 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224098/philadelphia-radio-icon-sid-mark-passes-at-the-age-of-88/

Longtime Philadelphia and syndicated personality Sid Mark passed away on Monday, April 18 at the age of 88.

Mark spent the past 22 years at Audacy Conservative Talk 1210 WPHT
    Philadelphia hosting Sunday with Sinatra from 11am to 1pm and also hosted
    the syndicated Sounds of Sinatra for the past 43 years. Marks radio career spanned 65 years beginning in 1956 at 1340 WHAT and 96.5 WHAT-FM
    Philadelphia. He would remain at 96.5 in Philadelphia until 2000 missing
    only one show in 1999 when he underwent open heart surgery. He has also
    hosted Frank Sinatra oriented shows for other stations including 610 KFRC
    San Francisco and 97.1 WYNY New York.

Audacy Philadelphia SVP/Market Manager David Yadgaroff shared in a staff
    memo:

We lost a man who speaks for a living, whose audience has been enraptured
    by every word eloquent and articulate. Sids radio career spanned 65
    years, the last 22 at Talk Radio 1210 WPHT and 43 years of national syndication. He presented the music of Frank Sinatra from the standpoint of
    a friend as well as a fan. As the host of the longest running, single
    artist, syndicated radio program in America, Sid was the leading authority
    on Frank Sinatra and his entertainment legacy. His personal relationship
    with Sinatra began in the mid 1960s and allowed Sid to offer more than just
    the remarkable music but insights into Sinatras career with personal
    anecdotes and stories behind the timeless music.

I first met Sid as I was trying to break into our business and, as
    expected, he was the consument mentor and gentleman offering sage advice. Decades later, I was honored and thrilled when we had the chance to work together at WPHT. I would visit him on the weekend at the studio and watch
    him deliver his legendary show while enjoying the camaraderie and stories.
    We developed a true friendship and for that I am eternally grateful. I know
    I speak for everyone when I say this is a profound loss for all of us and Sinatra fans around the world. May his memory be a blessing.

The family asks that donations in Sids memory be made to Best Friends
    Animal Society at bestfriends.org

Sidney Mark Fliegelman is survived by his wife Judy and his children Andy,
    Eric (and wife Suzi), Brian, Stacey and grandson Jason.

March 2022 (3/3 - 3/30) Nielsen Audio Ratings Day 1: KRTY Continues Record Growth Ahead Of Its Demise

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 02:00 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224051/march-2022-3-3-3-30-nielsen-audio-ratings-day-1-krty-continues-record-growth-ahead-of-its-demise/

Nielsen begins its monthly release of PPM ratings with todays Day 1 update including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston/Galveston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Long Island, Riverside/San Bernardino, San Jose, and Middlesex/Somerset/Union.

All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.

MediaCo Adult RB 107.5 WBLS grows its lead atop New York with a 5.9 to 6.5 gain. iHeartMedia AC 106.7 Lite-FM WLTW rises 5.5 to 5.9. Audacy Classic
    Hits 101.1 WCBS-FM dips 5.4 to 5.2. SBS Spanish Tropical Mega 97.9 WSKQ
    rises 4.6 to 4.9. iHeartMedia Classic Rock Q104.3 WAXQ rises 4.3 to 4.8.

Red Apple Media Conservative Talk 770 WABC jumps 2.9 to 3.8 to place
    eighth. Ratings Expert Chris Huff notes that it is the largest share for
    WABC since December 2010.

Audacy Alternative Alt 92.3 WNYL is up 1.5 to 2.0, while sister Classic Hip
    Hop 94.7 The Block WXBK holds steady at a 1.2 share for the third straight month.

iHeartMedia AC 103.5 KOST trends down 6.3 5.8 5.5 but retains its Los
    Angeles lead. Audacy Classic Hits K-Earth 101 KRTH slips 5.6 5.3 4.9. iHeartMedia Hot AC 104.3 My-FM holds at a 4.8 share, which ties for third
    with Audacy Rhythmic AC 94.7 The Wave KTWVs 4.2 4.7 4.8 rise. iHeartMedia Talk 640 KFI trends up 3.7 4.0 4.7.

Audacy News 1070 KNX/97.1 KNX-FM continue to trend up since gaining its FM simulcast up 3.1 3.3 3.9. Also rising is Audacy Variety Hits 93.1 Jack-FM KCBS-FM up 3.0 3.4 3.7 and Meruelo Media Rock 95.5 KLOS 2.3 2.4 3.0. iHeartMedia CHR 102.7 KIIS-FM slips 4.2 to 3.7.

iHeartMedia Adult RB V103 WVAZ reclaims sole possession of the Chicago
    market lead with a 5.7 to 5.8 increase. Audacy News 780 WBBM/105.9 WCFS
    rises to second 5.1 to 5.5. Public News/Talk 91.5 WBEZ slips to third 5.7
    to 5.4. iHeartMedia AC 93.9 Lite-FM WLIT holds at a 5.0 share. Hubbard
    Classic Rock 97.1 The Drive WDRV rises to fourth 4.6 to 4.8.

Audacy AAA 93.1 WXRT trends up 3.2 3.7 4.4, while iHeartMedias Rock 95.5 WCHI-FM is up 2.5 to 3.0.

Public News/Talk 88.5 KQED-FM jumps up 7.9 to 9.0 atop San Francisco.
    Audacy News 740 KCBS/105.9 KFRC dips 7.3 to 7.0. Bonneville AC 96.5 KOI is third down 6.6 to 5.8. iHeartMedia Hot AC Star 101.3 KIOI rises 4.6 to 4.8, while CHR Wild 94.9 KYLD trends up 3.2 3.4 3.7.

On its way out the door, Empire Broadcasting Country 95.3 KRTY continues to shatter its station records as it rises 1.8 to 2.9. Audacy Hot AC Alice
    97.3 KLLC trends down 3.9 3.0 2.7, while ahead of its relaunch last week
    as 102 Jamz, the former Q102.1 KRBQ trends down 2.5 2.3 1.6.

Univision Regional Mexican Que Buena 94.1 KLNO holds its lead in Dallas
    despite slipping 7.2 to 6.8. iHeartMedia Classic Rock Lonestar 92.5 KZPS remains in second 5.3 to 5.4. Audacy Variety Hits 100.3 Jack-FM jumps up
    3.7 to 4.8 to place third. Service Broadcasting Adult RB Smooth 105.7 KRNB holds steady at a 4.3. iHeartMedias duo of AC Star 102.1 KDGE (4.0 to 4.2)
    and CHR 106.1 Kiss-FM KHKS (4.6 to 4.2) tie for fifth.

iHeartMedia AC Sunny 99.1 KODA continues to lead Houston down 8.1 to 7.5.
    Hope Media Group Christian AC 89.3 KSBJ claims sole possession of second up
    6.0 to 6.2, while Univision Regional Mexican Que Buena 102.9 KLTN dips 6.0
    to 5.8. Audacy Adult Hits 95.7 The Spot KKHH rises 5.0 to 5.5. Cox Classic
    Rock 107.5/106.9 The Eagle KGLK/KHPT surges up 4.5 to 5.4.

Cumulus CHR 104.1 KRBE trends down 5.9 5.0 4.0.

Cox takes the top four spots in Atlanta. Classic Rock 97.1 The River WSRV
    holds onto its lead down 8.8 to 8.1. Adult RB Kiss 104.1 WALR rises 6.5 to
    7.3. News/Talk 750 WSB/95.5 WSBB dips 7.4 to 6.9. AC B98.5 WSB-FM nudges up
    5.8 to 5.9. Cumulus CHR Q99.7 WWWQ holds steady at a 5.4 for fifth.

Public News/Talk 90.1 WABE-FM trends up 2.8 3.1 3.5. Salem Christian AC
    104.7 The Fish WFSH-FM falls 5.2 to 4.0.

iHeartMedia Adult RB 105.3 WDAS-FM Philadelphia rises 7.3 8.0 8.2.
    Beasley Rock 93.3 WMMR is second 7.4 to 7.6. Public News/Talk 90.9 WHYY-FM rebounds 6.1 to 6.9. Audacy AC B101 WBEB rises 4.8 5.1 5.6. Beasley
    Classic Rock 102.9 WMGK dips 6.2 to 5.4.

Following its flip from Soft AC 106.1 The Breeze WISX to Spanish Tropical
    Rumba 106.1 WUMR, the station dips 3.0 to 1.3. Along with WBEB, Audacy
    Classic Hits 98.1 WOGL sees a related gain up 4.2 to 4.8.

iHeartMedia Hip Hop Power 99 WUSL surges up 2.0 2.4 3.6 and Alternative
    Alt 104.5 is up 1.6 1.9 2.2.

iHeartMedia Classic Rock Q104.3 WAXQ trends up 5.3 6.1 6.8 to lead Nassau/Suffolk. Audacy Classic Hits 101.1 WCBS-FM trends down 7.4 6.5
    5.2. Cox Classic Rock 102.3 WBAB/95.3 WHFM is third 4.8 to 4.9 followed by iHeartMedia CHR Z100 WHTZ 4.5 to 4.6. Connoisseur Media Classic Hits 103.1 Max-FM WBZO trends up to fifth 3.0 3.8 4.2.

Connoisseur Hot AC 97.5 WALK trends down 5.1 4.8 4.1.

Anaheim Broadcasting Classic Hits 99.9 KOLA-FM holds its commanding Riverside/San Bernardino market lead despite falling two shares 9.5 to 7.5. Entravision Spanish Adult Hits Jose 97.5 KLYY is second 5.4 to 5.3.
    Estrella Media Regional Mexican Que Buena 96.1 KRQB is third 4.0 to 4.4. iHeartMedia Hot AC 104.3 My-FM KBIG is fourth up 3.1 to 3.7. Audacy Country 95.1 K-Frog KFRG dips 3.9 to 3.6.

After shattering its station record last month, Empire Broadcasting Country 95.3 KRTY explodes further atop San Jose 5.4 7.5 10.9. The final week of
    the monthly included time after the sale of the station to Educational
    Media Foundation was announced, with it becoming public that the station
    will drop Country at the end of May.

Bonneville AC 96.5 KOIT was second in San Jose up 5.6 to 6.2. Alpha Media
    AC 94.5 KBAY rose 4.7 to 5.7 for third, which was ahead of its early April
    flip to Country to fill the impending hole created by KRTY. A three way tie
    for fourth between three stations trending down: Univision Spanish AC Amor 100.3 KBRG (5.7 5.4 4.4), Audacy News 740 KCBS/106.9 KFRC (5.4 5.0
    4.4), and Bonneville Classic Rock 98.5 K-Fox KUFX (6.0 5.4 4.4).

Townsquare Media Talk/Classic Hits New Jersey 101.5 WKXW trends up 5.9
    6.3 6.8 to lead Middlesex/Somerset/Union. Audacy Classic Hits 101.1
    WCBS-FM is second up 5.3 to 5.8 to tie SBS Spanish Tropical Mega 97.9 WSKQ (down 6.3 to 5.8). iHeartMedias Classic Rock Q104.3 WAXQ (4.8 to 4.7) and
    CHR Z100 WHTZ (trending down 7.7 5.8 4.7) tie for fourth.

George Plaster To Exit WNSR For Streaming Platform

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 12:04 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224065/george-plaster-to-exit-wnsr-for-streaming-platform/

Longtime Nashville Sports talker George Plaster is departing his 2-4pm show
    on Southern Wabash Communications of Middle Tennessee Sports 560 WNSR/95.9 W240CA Nashville and 103.9 WNTC Drakesboro KY to host a new streaming show
    for local newspaper company Main Street Media.

Plaster has been with WNSR since August 2019. He has hosted Sports talk
    shows in Nashville since 1989 when he joined 99.7 WWTN. He then hosted afternoons on “104.5 The Zone” WGFX from 2003-2011 and “102.5 The Game” WPRT-FM from 2012-2016 before a brief one month stint at 650 WSM in May
    2019. He has also served as Associate Athletic Director at Belmont
    University and was the play-by-play voice for Vanderbilt University,
    Memphis State and Georgia Tech football.

Plaster will host a 4-6pm weekday show with current co-host/former
    Vanderbilt football coach Watson Brown that will be made available on Main Street Media’s OTT channel, YouTube and social media platforms starting in July. The platform also features former WSM host Devon ODay.

Bob Perkins Retires From Fulltime Role At WRTI

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 11:27 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224060/bob-perkins-retires-from-fulltime-role-at-wrti/

Bob Perkins will retire from his full-time position hosting nights at
    Temple University Jazz 90.1 WRTI Philadelphia.

The 88 year old Perkins has been on the air in Philadelphia since 1969 with stints as News Director at WDAS-FM and a Jazz host at WHYY before joining
    WRTI in 1997. He began his career at WGPR Detroit.

Perkins will continue to host his Sunday show from 9am to 1pm.

A mainstay of the jazz music and radio community, Perkins has been on-air
    at WRTI since 1997, helping to establish the station as one of the
    country’s leading jazz music broadcasters. He currently hosts from 6 pm to
    9 pm Monday through Thursday, and from 9 am to 1 pm Sundays. He will
    continue to host his Sunday program.

Bob Perkins said of his retirement, “After 57 years in media, 25 of those years spent at WRTI, I am now into my 88th year, so this is a good time to retire from full-time hosting at the station, and reflect on where Ive
    been, with whom Ive talked and what I have learned over the decades as a
    news man, editorial writer and jazz music host, and see where that leads
    me. I look forward to the opportunity to pick up the mic at WRTI on Sundays
    to continue to serve all the listeners with finely-tuned ears who have said that Ive helped keep jazz music alive in Philadelphia, and beyond.”

The South Philadelphia native has been one of the greatest voices of the city’s airwaves since 1969, when he joined RB station WDAS in an
    influential news and editorial position after working in Detroit radio for
    five years. Perkins then moved to public radio station WHYY to host a
    weekend jazz music show before joining WRTI.

For the last 25 years, he’s become known for his warm, personable on-air style, extensive knowledge of jazz, and thoughtful, wide-ranging music mix.
    In addition to his job as WRTI jazz host, Perkins has written numerous
    columns and commentaries on jazz, and has hosted a multitude of concerts at jazz clubs and festivals.

William Johnson, General Manager of WRTI said, “Bobs contributions to jazz are innumerable. Hes introduced thousands, if not millions, of listeners to this music over the course of his career, delighted young and old with his signature sound, and been a tireless advocate for jazz appreciation and education. He is a gentleman, a kind soul, and every bit as nice in person
    as you hear on-air. Im thrilled hell continue to host Sunday Jazz Brunch
    after he retires, because we all need some GM (good music) with our toast
    and jam!

Perkins has received dozens of awards and honors recognizing his
    outstanding career and contributions to Philadelphia jazz, including being honored with a bronze plaque in the Philadelphia Music Walk of Fame on the city’s Avenue of the Arts in 2016. In 2007, he was recognized with a proclamation by Philadelphia Mayor John Street, Philadelphia City Council
    and the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He was inducted into the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia Hall of Fame in 2003.

The Return of Radios Best & Worst

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 11:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/blogs/223719/the-return-of-radios-best-worst/

When Ross on Radio was first launched as a standalone publication more than
    a decade ago, I would boil down my radio listening in a weekly column
    called Radio’s Best & Worst. For a while, it became a Tweet thread,
    slightly before the time when tweet threads became popular. RBAW was a way
    for me to give listening tips and share observations that didn’t quite rate an entire column. Eventually, I switched my efforts into creating an extra full-length story or two every week and drifted away from RBAW.

In recent weeks, however, I’ve found myself making more notes on my radio, audio, podcast, and other listening. Without denying any of radio’s
    travails, I’ve never stopped hearing radio that I wanted to share with readers. I felt like writing another Radio’s Best & Worst this week. It
    will probably not be a weekly occurrence. But I’m looking forward to your feedback. 

Most Encouraging: Last Friday, Country’s Cole Swindell released the album Stereotype. Programmers and others quickly began buzzing about various cuts
    on Twitter, particularly “She Had Me at Heads Carolina” (a “flip” of Jo Dee
    Messina’s “Heads Carolina, Tails California”), but also “Walk On Whiskey”
    and the title track. It reminded me of the early ‘90s Country boom when
    radio PDs routinely went through advance copies of every new album looking
    for the next hit.

Least Encouraging: Only one Country station immediately started playing
    “She Had Me At Heads Carolina.” That was KBEQ (Q104) Kansas City, still one of the format’s most aggressive outlets on new music. Swindell’s current hit is No. 4, so presumably another single from the album isn’t far off,
    and “Heads Carolina” remains an early contender for Country Song of the Summer. Meanwhile, Brian Mansfield of Country Insider’s ongoing reporting
    on secret-weapon records remains my favorite thing in the radio trades.

Best Station (Domestic): I hadn’t been back to WMOT Nashville since shortly after the station adapted a full-time Americana format more than five years ago. I was pleasantly surprised by how uptempo it was, although that may
    have also been a function of listening on Friday afternoon. If you time
    your listening correctly, you can time your listening to hear Friday afternoon’s chart show, The List at 2 p.m.

Best Station (International): CKWR Waterloo, Ontario is a community station that came to my attention through MD/morning host and longtime reader Steve Sobczuk. For column fans still buzzing about the recent relaunch of
    XETRA-FM (91X) San Diego, CKWR is an ‘80s/’90s-based Alternative gold outlet that goes, well, one step beyond in its “oh wow” factor. (They’re also made instantly different by the Cancon, of course.)

Best Stream: AccuRadio’s Yacht Rock/Wedding Reception channel—one of the “House Blend” channels the streaming service is promoting during April, although listeners have the ability to make their own mixes of AccuRadio’s many channels. The “Featured Artists” page shows Grover Washington, Jr. & Bill Withers and Avicii. My listening had both early-‘80s one-hit-wonders Larsen-Feiten Band and Daft Punk. 

Best Jock Line: “I would not be sad if we played that song six times in a row.”—Tricia Jenkins on Hot AC KSTP-FM (KS95) Minneapolis after playing Latto’s “Big Energy.” Jenkins was filling in for the latter half of afternoon team Staci & Hutch. The resulting two-woman afternoon show also
    had a great discussion of plastic surgery and female body image among kids. Given KS95’s recent double-digit ratings, the hour I heard was a great reminder of the power of full-service radio. 

Worst Jock Line: “Coming up, more Drake.” Because it was on a heritage Hip-Hop/R&B outlet that had just played two Drake songs in a row (without staging it as such). The amount of Drake on Hip-Hop radio is hardly a revelation, and hasn’t been quite as much of an issue vs. a decade ago when there was less excitement about current Hip-Hop. But it was still ironic to hear it flagged this way, unless, of course, the intent was ironic, in
    which case it becomes the week’s best jock line.

Best Studio Sponsorship: Classic Rock WNCX Cleveland is “live from the Michael Stanley Broadcast Studio,” recently renamed in honor of the late
    p.m. driver and local rock legend and “powered by Rock & Roll City Harley Davidson,” not by 1-800-INJURED.

Podcast Tip: All-news WTOP Washington’s new DMV Download doesn’t kick off until next Tuesday, April 19, but there are already two episodes posted.
    The first was on the traffic nightmare that trapped drivers on I-95 in
    Northern Virginia for 24 hours. This week, there’s a second episode on the Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard lawsuit. While “DMV Download” has gotten a lot of attention, WTOP, not surprisingly, has a lot of content including this recently posted episode of entertainment podcast Beyond the Fame tied to a recent appearance by ‘90s dance hitmaker CeCe Peniston.

Streaming Tip: WAKY Louisville, Ky., a decade-long favorite of this column,
    has been geofenced outside its local area for at least a year. Last week, I
    was able to listen to it again through a workaround. (The hint is in the
    recent headlines about the perhaps temporary format change at one of their sister stations.) WAKY has a deeper-than-most library and still goes back
    to the ‘60s a few times an hour along with jingles from the market’s historic Top 40 AM version of WAKY. It has been a surprise winner in local ratings. Not surprisingly, it’s been a streamers’ favorite. Like KOAI (The Wow Factor) Phoenix, they are exactly the type of station that should find
    a worldwide audience, and I hope they’ll find a way to make it viable.

Oh Wow Oldie: MC Hammer’s “Addams Groove” on KNET Palestine, Texas, a recently launched small-market Classic Hits station that had a heavier-than-usual early-‘90s component (but also “Cotton Jenny” by Anne Murray). 

Listener’s Personal Best:  WJFX/WWFW Ft. Wayne, Ind., PD Rob Mack drove to his new job as PD of KNDE (Candy 95) College Station, Texas, and had a few highlights:

“The one-hit wonders weekend on WYXB (B105.7) Indianapolis. Lots of ‘oh-wow’ records on a major-market signal that I hadn’t heard in years. “Live and local jocks in Paducah, Ky., on the CHR and Country stations on a Saturday afternoon.
    “The wide playlist (‘Peaceful Easy Feeling’ a few songs after ‘Wherever I
    May Roam’) of KKPT (The Point 94.1) Little Rock, Ark. They were also live
    and local on a Saturday.https://kkpt.com/
    Morning guy Ted on KNDE coming up with creative contests to give away
    concert tickets. (“Mr. 305 or These are Lies” for Pitbull.)

Out of Office Message: “Error 404: Meg Not Found. It appears the Dowdy you’re trying to reach is currently on the road visiting her markets in Louisiana. Please be patient. She’ll respond as soon as she can.” – Meg Dowdy, Regional Director of Content, Townsquare Media.

Andr Yancey Moves To 94.7 The Block As Assistant Brand Manager

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 08:36 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224049/andre-yancey-moves-to-94-7-the-block-as-assistant-brand-manager/

Audacy Classic Hip Hop 94.7 The Block WXBK Newark NJ/New York has tabbed
    André Yancey as Assistant Brand Manager.

Yancey moves to WXBK from sister Classic Hits 101.1 WCBS-FM where he served
    as Executive Producer for Scott Shannon in the Morning since September
    2021. Yancey previously worked for United Stations Radio Networks as
    Director of New Media and assisting on the strategy and development of
    other syndicated shows including Carmen’s Calls and Nick Cannon Radio. He also was a producer and host for Cannons morning show on 92.3 Now WNOW-FM
    New York.

Audacy has promoted media veteran André Yancey to assistant brand manager
    of 94.7 The Block (WXBK-FM) in New York. With the move, Yancey transitions
    from Audacy New York sister station WCBS-FM 101.1 (WCBS-FM), where he has served as executive producer of Scott Shannon in the Morning” since 2021.

“I am so excited to have André on the Block team,” said Skip Dillard, brand
    manager, 94.7 The Block. “His versatility and passion impress me every day. André understands and demonstrates the energy, content, social and digital finesse needed to cut through the clutter in todays media landscape.”

“I want to thank Skip Dillard for inviting me to join this incredible group,” said Yancey. “We have a great team with Nick Cannon, Shelley Wade and Ed Lover, with more on the way. The Block is a living, breathing
    organism thats quickly becoming a part of the communitys social fabric. I extend gratitude to Chris Oliviero, Jim Ryan, and Scott Shannon for your blessings and support in embarking on this new venture. My time with
    WCBS-FM has been fulfilling and prosperous, with remarkable moments and milestones.”

Before joining Audacy, Yancey served as creative strategist/content
    developer, including Carmens Calls and Nick Cannon Radio. He served as
    Director of New Media for United Stations Media Networks developed apps for Alice Cooper, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Open House Party, and HardDrive
    Radio. His radio experience includes stops at 92.3 NOW in New York as personality/producer for the “Rollin’ with Nick Cannon” morning show.

La Mega 92.9 HD2 To Debut In Pittsburgh

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 06:24 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224039/la-mega-92-9-hd2-to-debut-in-pittsburgh/

La Mega Media and Steel City Media are partnering to launch Regional
    Mexican Mega 92.9 HD2 WLTJ-HD2 Pittsburgh on May 1.

La Mega Media operates Mega 97.7 WOXY Mason/Cincinnati and Mega 103.1
    WVKO-FM Johnstown/Columbus OH as well as a webcaster serving Cleveland. Its
    La Mega Nota monthly newspaper is distributed in those three markets and Pittsburgh.

La Mega Media and Steel City Media have partnered to bring the first
    Spanish language radio station to serve the growing Hispanic community in
    the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. La Mega Media already has
    well-established radio stations in Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland,
    Ohio. The company’s newest station will join the print and digital products already in Pittsburgh.

The Hispanic population in Allegheny County has exploded over the past
    decade. This fast- growing segment of the population will, for the first
    time ever, have a Hispanic-owned, multifaceted media company to reflect its prerogatives and serve as a bridge to businesses and institutions with the vision and savvy to reach this population. Together with existing
    organizations like the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, La Mega Media’s goal is to be the primary resource for trusted
    and reliable information for the community it serves and support the development of Hispanic owned businesses.

Frank Bell Moves To Mornings At KBEE

Posted: 19 Apr 2022 06:02 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/224037/frank-bell-moves-to-mornings-at-kbee/

Cumulus Media AC B98.7 KBEE Salt Lake City has announced it has promoted
    Frank Bell from weekend/fill-in host to morning host.

Bell has worked at multiple stations across the market over his career including Classic Hits 94.1 KODJ, Soft AC Easy 99.1 K256AE, AC FM 100 KSFI, Classic Rock 103.5 The Arrow KRSP, and AAA 105.7 The River KXRV. He had an earlier stint at KBEE in the 1990s.

Bell takes the morning shift that had been held by Mike Parsons Valerie Cameron until their exit in January.

Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that it has appointed Frank Bell as
    the new morning host on Salt Lake City AC station, B98.7/KBEE-FM. A Salt
    Lake City market veteran, Bell has been sharing his life and entertaining
    Utah audiences for decades, most recently as weekend host for B98.7. He was also a part of the KBEE-FM lineup in the 90s. Since that time, Bell has
    been heard on many FM stations across Utah, including Salt Lake City
    stations KODJ, KRSP and KSFI.

Patrick Reedy, Regional Vice President//Market Manager, Cumulus Salt Lake
    City, said: “A proven professional, Frank Bell is instantly recognizable to Salt Lake City audiences. We’re extremely excited to add him to our team.”

Chris Hoffman, Operations Manager, Cumulus Salt Lake City, and Program Director, KBEE-FM, commented: “Frank Bell is the perfect choice to join B98.7. His smile jumps out of the speakers You can’t help but be in a good mood when you listen to him.”

Frank Bell remarked: “B98.7 is a historic Salt Lake City station. To be a part of such a rich radio history and begin a new chapter helping people
    start their day, truly is an honor.”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)