• [RadioInsight] Beasley Appoints Former NAB President/CEO Gordon Smith T

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 12 18:47:53 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Beasley Appoints Former NAB President/CEO Gordon Smith To Board of Directors

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 01:33 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223626/beasley-appoints-former-nab-president-ceo-gordon-smith-to-board-of-directors/

Former National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) President and Chief
    Executive Officer Senator Gordon H. Smith has been nominated by the Beasley Media Group Board of Directors to be added to the slate of Directors to be presented at the annual shareholders meeting on May 25th. The official unanimous vote took place during the company’s Board of Director’s meeting on March 31, 2022.
    Sen. Smith joined the National Association of Broadcasters as President and
    CEO in November 2009 and served for over a decade working on behalf of the radio and television industry until his transition to the role of special advisor at the NAB at the end of 2021.
    “It is such an honor and a privilege to welcome Gordon to the Beasley Media Group Board of Directors,” said Company Board Chair and CEO Caroline
    Beasley. “His outstanding leadership, dedication and service to
    broadcasters and our nation is unparalleled. His understanding of
    Washington and how to navigate the halls of power will serve our Board well
    for years to come. I look forward to working closely with Gordon and our
    board as we continue to evolve our company forward.”
    “During my years at NAB’s helm, I was privileged to get to know many of the outstanding firms in membership at the association,” said Sen. Smith. “Among these, Beasley Media Group was always in the upper echelons. It was
    my privilege to know George Beasley and it will be my pleasure to continue working with Caroline, Bruce and Brian on the Beasley board.”
    During Sen. Gordon H. Smith’s tenure, NAB played a pivotal role on a number of significant issues affecting radio broadcasters, including the
    preservation and modernization of the music licensing and copyright system,
    and reviews of media ownership rules.
    Prior to joining NAB, Sen. Smith served as a two-term U.S. senator from
    Oregon and later as senior advisor in the Washington offices of Covington & Burling, LLP. During his tenure in the U.S. Senate, Sen. Smiths committee assignments included the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation
    Committee, the panel that oversees all broadcast-related legislation and
    has Federal Communications Commission oversight responsibilities. Sen.
    Smith also served on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Sen. Smiths role on the Commerce Committee and as chairman of a Senate High Tech Task Force helped foster his interest in new media and new technology
    issues.
    Born in Pendleton, Ore., Sen. Smith attended college at Brigham Young University, received his law degree from Southwestern University School of
    Law in Los Angeles, and practiced law in New Mexico and Arizona before returning to Oregon to direct the family-owned Smith Frozen Foods business
    in Weston, Ore. Before his election to the U.S. Senate in 1996, Sen. Smith
    was elected to the Oregon State Senate, rising to the position of president
    of that body after only three years.
    Sen. Smith and his wife Sharon live in Pendleton, Ore., and are the parents
    of three children and five grandchildren.
    Other BBGI Board members include Allen B. Shaw (Vice Chairman), Bruce G. Beasley, Brian E. Beasley, Peter A. Bordes, Jr., Michael J. Fiorile, Leslie
    V. Godridge, and Charles M. Warfield.

Cumulus Appoints Cindy Rollison As Tri-Cities Market Manager

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 01:10 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223624/cumulus-appoints-cindy-rollison-as-tri-cities-market-manager/

Cumulus Media has appointed Cindy Rollison as VP/Market Manager for its
    Johnson City/Kingsport/Bristol TN-VA cluster.

Rollison succeeds the recently retired Debbie Caso. The move marks a return
    to Cumulus as she previously served as VP/MM and Sales Manager/Key Account Manager in their former Blacksburg VA cluster from 2007-2018. She most
    recently served as Regional Marketing Consultant for Mel Wheeler Inc. in Roanoke VA.

Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that it has appointed Cindy Rollison
    as Vice President/Market Manager for Cumulus Tri-Cities, TN (Johnson City-Kingsport-Bristol). Rollison will step up to fill the role following
    the retirement of Debbie Caso, Vice President/Market Manager. Caso
    announced her retirement after 43 years with Cumulus Tri-Cities, TN. Rollison’s appointment is effective on Monday, April 18, 2022.

The appointment marks the return of Rollison to Cumulus Media, who held positions including Vice President/Market Manager and Sales Manager/Key
    Account Manager for the company’s former station group in Blacksburg, VA, from 2007-2018. Rollison became Vice President/General Manager for
    Monticello Media-Blacksburg, VA, after the company’s purchase of the
    Cumulus Media stations in that market. Prior to re-joining Cumulus,
    Rollison served as Regional Marketing Consultant for Mel Wheeler, Inc.
    Radio and Digital Advertising since 2019.

Mark Sullivan, Regional Vice President, Cumulus Media, said: “I’m thankful to Debbie Caso for making such a valuable contribution to the community and company for so many years, and wish her much happiness in her
    retirement. At the same time, I’m very pleased that we have someone of
    Cindy Rollison’s caliber and experience joining our team. I’m excited to have the opportunity to work alongside Cindy again, after many successful
    years working together with our cluster in Blacksburg, VA. I’m looking forward to many successes together.”

Cindy Rollison commented: “I would like to thank Mary Berner, Bob Walker
    and Mark Sullivan for this great opportunity to rejoin the company in the Tri-Cities, TN, market. I am honored to lead such a stellar team, whose commitment to our local community, listeners, and advertising partners is unmatched. I look forward with excitement and enthusiasm to continued
    success as a top-performing cluster within the community and company.”

Cumulus Media owns and operates four radio stations in the Tri-Cities, TN, market, including: NASH Icon 104.9/WKOS-FM (Country), 640 WXSM-AM (Sports),
    910 WJCW-AM (News/Talk), and 101.5 WQUT-FM (Classic Rock). 

Meridian Media Group To Expand In Meridian MS

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 12:49 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223620/meridian-media-group-to-expand-in-meridian-ms/

Meridian Community College is selling Soft AC 106.9 The Eagle WEXR Stonewall/Meridian MS to Bryan Holladay’s Meridian Media Group for $10.

WEXR will join Holladay’s cluster in Meridian as he prepares to close on
    his acquisition of

Classic Hits “97.9 The Buzz” WKZB Newton, News/Talk 102.1 WALT-FM Meridian, and Classic Country “105.7 The Legend” WUCL De Kalb from Burke Broadcasting for the assumption of the remainder of the $450,000 note due to Holladay’s uncle Robert Holladay’s New South Communications. Burke handled the sales functions of WEXR under a JSA.

Bryan Holladay currently serves as General Manager of Gulf South
    Communications Dothan AL, which is a 50/50 partnership of his father Clay Holladay and uncle Robert Holladay. Clay Holladay owns the competing Mississippi Broadcasters that owns Gospel Praise 95.9 910 WMOG/95.9 W240DY,
    Fox Sports Meridian 1450 WYHL/99.7 W259BP, Hop Hop 95.1 The Beat WJXM ,
    Country 97.1 WOKK, CHR “Q101” 101.3 WJDQ and Urban AC “104.1 Kiss-FM” WZKS
    in the Meridian market. The two companies will be managed and operated separately with Bryan Halladay entering into a shared services agreement to lease office space and share engineering, traffic and bookkeeping services.

Mississippi Broadcasters had sold then 106.9 WKZB to Meridian Community
    College in 2011 for $1 as part of its divestments following the acquisition
    of Clear Channels five station cluster in Meridian at the time.

Comrex to Debut Gagl Remote Contribution Solution

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 12:09 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223614/comrex-to-debut-gagl-remote-contribution-solution/

Announced last fall, Comrex will be showcasing its newest remote
    contribution solution called Gagl at the 2022 NAB Show in Las Vegas this
    April 23-27.

Gagl is a new cloud service that delivers conferenced audio from multiple contributors in high-quality. Gagl allows between one and five users to
    send and receive audio from computers and smartphones. Participants can
    connect and send audio by simply clicking a link using any common web
    browser. Their audio is conferenced (if there’s more than one user), and delivered to a Comrex hardware codec such as an ACCESS or BRIC-Link. All participants can hear other participants, and the codec can send audio back
    to them.

Gagl could be used as the hub for a round-robin reporting program or for a “morning zoo” radio show to support multiple simultaneous connections at once. Because it offers low latency, it’s appropriate for call-in talk
    radio. Gagl could also be used to allow a single contributor to connect
    back to the studio from a computer or smartphone.

Designed with audio quality in mind, Gagl provides stable connections with limited bandwidth. Gagl uses the Opus audio encoder, with a bit rate that delivers both voice and music in excellent quality. Gagl also delivers
    audio directly to a Comrex codec with all the stability enhancements,
    pro-grade audio connections, and features that hardware codecs provide.
    With a simple user interface, Gagl is easy for users with any level of technical expertise to use.

Gagl works with Comrex hardware IP audio codecs including the
    AES67-compatible ACCESS NX Rack IP audio codec and ACCESS MultiRack multi-channel IP audio codec as well as the BRIC-Link series a sneak peak
    of the next addition to the BRIC-Link codec line will also be featured at
    the 2022 NAB Show. LiveShot (a bonded IP solution for live video) and other
    IP audio solutions for IFB and POTS and /ISDN replacement can be found at
    the Comrex booth C3024 in Central Hall along with a “behind the curtain” look at some new concept products. Interested attendees can add Comrex to
    their show planner here.

For more information, contact info@comrex.com or visit www.comrex.com.

How To Launch A National Radio Station

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 09:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223202/how-to-launch-a-national-radio-station/

It has been a long time since the launch of a new radio station prompted
    daily coverage in the American trade press. (To some extent, it was that excitement that Ross on Radio’s First Listen reviews sought to recreate.)
    But I’ve been reading about Australia’s CADA every day for the last two weeks, since owner ARN announced that Sydney’s Rhythmic Top 40 rimshotter
    The Edge 96.1 was being relaunched as a national Hip-Hop station, available
    on DAB in major-markets and on ARN’s iHeart Australia platform.

CADA debuted on March 31. Since then, Australia’s trades have documented better than I could how:

The station has looked beyond traditional DJ ranks—to club DJs, TikTok personalities, and other content creators, for its airstaff;
    CADA created a custom full-length song to sign-on with;
    The station has been enthusiastically received by the Australian music community.

There’s a good review of the format launch and the morning show. In
    addition, another preview article has added a number of reader comments
    worth checking out, which touch on CADA’s competitive relationship vs. Australia’s Nova stations and the Alternative non-comm Triple-J network. Or check out this commentary on CADA, Triple-J, and Wordle.

ARN debuted a TikTok Trending channel on iHeart Australia nearly a year
    ago, months ahead of the SiriusXM North American version. It is also the (soon-to-be-former) owner of Classic Hits 4KQ Brisbane, the world’s most successful music AM. It says something about their level of activity, and
    that of Australian radio, that they have been a more regular presence in
    this column than some U.S. broadcasters.

I’ve heard CADA several times since its launch. Like Apple Music,
    individual programs, not the overall format, are the station’s intended
    unit of currency. When I’ve heard CADA at night, when the station is not hosted, it’s a relatively mainstream Rhythmic Top 40. But I heard it yesterday at 1 p.m. with club deejay Helena Ellis’ “The Hype-Up” and it was
    harder and more underground.

The “non-hosted after 8 p.m.” part bears discussion. It’s been a long time
    since the night jock was the ambassador of younger-targeted radio stations,
    but it seems like a prerequisite for a national station that wants to be
    the nerve center of its format. Hip-Hop, more than any other format, seems
    like a 24/7 genre. And while I’m not a fan of reruns, a program-driven
    radio station could more sensibly run them at night than its rivals.

As a regional outlet, and now as a DAB network, CADA was not and will not
    be featured in the ratings of individual markets. Like iHeart’s Black Information Network, the sell is non-ratings-based to national advertisers. There’s no “two-minute promise” on CADA, but it would have qualified when I
    listened. (The major sponsor in the hours I heard was McDonald along with Australia’s Supercheap Auto Parts.) 

CADA is imaged as “Australia’s Home of Hip-Hop and R&B,” but also around the lines “never miss a beat” and “get the tempo, set the tempo.” There are
    a lot of credo promos and sweepers, including those that talk about a “movement growing” and how “everybody from all different walks of life” can
    “find their home in CADA.”

In its intent, CADA clearly hopes to be the lifestyle station for anybody
    not already repped by Triple-J, although that station has done a better job than any Alternative outlet in the U.S. of including some Hip-Hop, while
    Nova, launched as a hybrid of Top 40 and Triple-J two decades ago, is a
    more adult-leaning Mainstream CHR now.

Here’s Cada on April 5 during regular format around 9 p.m.:

Camila Cabello f/ Ed Sheeran, “Bam Bam”
    Nevada f/Mark Morrison & Fetty Wap, “The Mack”
    Hilltop Hoods f/Eamon, “Show Business” (Australian and a current, despite its blast-from-the-past feature artist)
    Topic & A7S, “Breaking Me”
    ALTEGO f/Britney Spears & Ginuwine, “Toxic Pony”
    Ariana Grande, “Thank U, Next”
    Jack Harlow, “Nail Tech”
    Jay Sean, “Down”
    Becca Hatch, “2560” (Australian)
    Jnr Choi, “To The Moon”
    Doja Cat, “Need To Know”
    Chainsmokers, “Paris”

And here’s the station earlier during the day during “The Hype-Up”:

Day1 f/Hooligan Hefs, “Magic” (Australian)
    Gunna & Future f/Young Thug, “Pushin’ P”
    Usher f/Will.I.Am, “OMG”
    Roddy Ricch, “The Box”
    French Montana f/Swae Lee, “Unforgettable”
    Nicki Minaj f/Drake & Lil Wayne, “Truffle Butter”
    Mason Dane f/Baby Prince, “Pretty Pearl” (Australian, seemingly a truncated version that was more promo than full song)
    FelixThe1st & Dreya Mac f/Finch Fetti, “Own Brand Freestyle”
    Kanye West, “Hurricane”
    Kali f/ATL Jacob, “MMM MMM”
    A$AP Rocky, “Praise the Lord (Da Shine)”
    Latto, “Big Energy” (the original, not the Mariah Carey/DJ Khalid remix) Justin Timberlake, “Summer Love”—ironically, I’d heard it the day before on
    Apple Music Hits

Triple-J came by its mystique over the course of decades. It’s hard for any radio station to declare itself a movement right away—especially now. But CADA is beginning with many right ideas. It has the advantage of a more
    viable digital tier than America. It is fostering a format that would be
    niche in one market but scalable nationwide. And proudly national is
    definitely better than faux local. 

Even ROR fans have been known to glaze over when I write about
    international radio, but 4KQ was one of my most-read articles ever, so I
    hope listeners are coming around because there are lessons for North
    America.

Griffin Adkins Rises To APD At 104.7 The Fish

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 08:15 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223606/griffin-taylor-rises-to-apd-at-104-7-the-fish/

Salem Communications Christian AC 104.7 The Fish WFSH-FM Athens/Atlanta GA
    has announced the promotion of longtime staffer Griffin Adkins to Assistant Program Director.

Adkins has been with WFSH-FM since 2005 while interning in high school and
    will continue in his role as morning show producer for Kevin & Taylor that
    he has held since 2011. In a memo to staff, VP/Programming Mike Blakemore wrote, Griffin as proven himself time after time for getting things done
    and going the extra mile. That same dedication for perfection he has for
    the Kevin and Taylor show will go into assisting me, so I have more time to help our other CCM stations via my VP role.

Washington Commanders To Air On Big 100

Posted: 12 Apr 2022 04:23 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223601/washington-commanders-to-air-on-big-100-3/

After seeing their partnership with Audacys 980 WTEM dissolve, the NFLs Washington Commanders have signed a three-year deal with iHeartMedia to
    carry their games on Classic Rock Big 100.3 WBIG-FM.

The deal will include marketing partnerships across the iHeart Washington portfolio with talent from across the cluster having a presence at events
    such as Commanders Draft and Training Camp activities, while the franchise
    will be represented at shows like HOT 99.5s Jingle Ball, WMZQ-Fest, DC101-derland and WASH Holiday. Archived games will also be heard on the iHeartRadio app.

WBIG-FM replaces WTEM and Cumulus Medias pair of Conservative Talk 105.9
    WMAL and Sports ESPN 630 WSPZ as home to the franchises broadcasts. It also renews the long-time association between the team and the stations morning
    host Don Geronimo as both were heard on CBS Radio Hot Talk 106.7 WJFK
    through much of the 1990s through 2006.

The deal gives iHeartMedia radio broadcast rights to 18 of the 32 NFL franchises.

Today the Washington Commanders announced a new three-year partnership deal with iHeartMedia D.C. to be the teams exclusive radio broadcast partner. Beginning in the 2022 season, live gameday broadcasts will run on
    iHeartMedias BIG 100.3 FM and be featured on the stations website and on
    the iHeartRadio app, iHeartMedias free all-in-one digital music, podcasting
    and live streaming radio service. This new partnership will expand the
    teams reach across the DMV, giving more fans the ability to listen and
    engage with the Washington Commanders on a daily basis and helping to grow
    the teams fanbase in the region.

In addition to the teams radio gameday broadcast, this partnership will
    offer a robust lineup of exclusive programming across iHeartMedia D.C.s
    radio stations and on the iHeartRadio App. New this season, fans will also
    be able to access archived radio broadcasts of the teams games anytime via
    the Commanders channel on the iHeartRadio App.

We are excited to team up with iHeartMedia as we enter our inaugural season
    as the Washington Commanders, said Jason Wright, President of the
    Washington Commanders. After careful consideration and a thorough
    evaluation process, we chose iHeartMedia to join our growing list of
    strategic partners because of their shared commitment, creative approach
    and aggressive plan for elevating the fan experience through their prioritization of our football games, content and events across their many radio and online platforms. With the largest reach in the DMV, and as the
    most downloaded and streamed podcasting publisher in the United States, iHeartMedia outperforms competitors in every demographic and daypart. We
    feel confident this partnership will be a win for all parties involved, but especially for our fans who will benefit from expanded access and content within the DMV and beyond.

With a shared emphasis on creating engaging fan experiences, this
    partnership will also connect Commanders fans to iHeartMedia D.C.s large portfolio of talent, including DJs and artists, through in-market team and iHeartMedia events such as Commanders Draft and Training Camp activities
    and iHeartMedias HOT 99.5s Jingle Ball, WMZQ-Fest, DC101-derland and WASH Holiday.

The Washington Commanders are an iconic brand that we are excited to join forces with, said Kevin LeGrett, President of iHeartMedia Sports. President Jason Wright and his team are doing great work on the branding of the Commanders and the passion fans have for this team is infectious. This is
    going to a powerful partnership.

iHeartMedia DC is thrilled to announce the inaugural broadcast partnership
    with the Washington Commanders, said Aaron Hyland Region President
    iHeartMedia. We are incredibly excited to deliver all of the live
    Washington Commanders action to the DMV and beyond by utilizing BIG100 and iHeartMedias unmatched reach in broadcast, podcast, streaming audio and
    live events.

The partnership with the Commanders represents iHeartMedias 18th National Football League partnership.

KWTS To Debut All-90s Format In October

Posted: 11 Apr 2022 02:00 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223569/kwts-to-debut-all-90s-format-in-october/

West Texas A&M Universitys 91.1 The One KWTS Canyon/Amarillo TX will
    celebrate its 50th anniversary later this year with a format change to All
    90s.

The change will take place on October 1 following a Homecoming Day 50th anniversary celebration. Station advisor Randy Ray, who serves as director
    of broadcast engineering and associate lecturer of media communications at
    the university stated, When we say ‘all-’90s,’ we mean all of the ’90s —
    ’90s rock, ’90s Top 40, ’90s country, ’90s hip hop and R&B. And not just
    the hits, either.

WTS The One 91.1, West Texas A&M University’s student-run noncommercial
    radio station, will shift to an all-’90s format Oct. 1.

“When we say ‘all-’90s,’ we mean all of the ’90s — ’90s rock, ’90s Top 40,
    ’90s country, ’90s hip hop and R&B. And not just the hits, either,” said KWTS adviser Randy Ray, director of broadcast engineering and associate lecturer of media communications.

The impending format change—timed to celebrate the station’s 50th anniversary—was announced April 8 during “Psychotic Reaction,” a weekly radio show hosted by Dr. Marty Kuhlman, WT’s Jenny Lind Porter Professor of History.

Ray and Kuhlman also detailed plans for the station’s birthday party, set
    for 2 to 6 p.m. Oct. 1 on Homecoming Day in the KWTS studios inside the
    Sybil B. Harrington Fine Arts Complex.

“For each hour, we’ll be playing music from the ’70s, the ’80s, the ’90s,
    the 2000s and the ’10s, so we’d love to get some old DJs to come back and go on the air for those decades,” Ray said.

The party also will offer alumni the chance to see KWTS’ still fairly-new facilities, Ray said.

“KWTS has been educating students for 50 years, and having a campus radio station is a privilege that many universities don’t have,” Ray said. “For five decades, WT media students have gotten hands-on experience running the station, learning along the way just what a big responsibility it is to
    work in broadcast media.”

The station, a noncommercial rock station, officially launched at 3 p.m.
    April 12, 1972. It upgraded to 100 watts in 1982, then to 6,000 watts in

Ten students currently work as DJs or engineers at the station.

In addition to six weekly shows devoted to country music, Tejano, K-pop and more, the station hosts Live Lounge and One Sessions live concerts, posts podcasts, and provides music at tailgate and other on- and off-campus
    events.

Media communications students also train in digital distribution in many
    forms, preparing them for work in podcasts, streaming services, live and recorded audio engineering, management, programming and more.

Meeting regional needs by providing noncommercial radio and training future broadcasters and engineers is a key component of the University’s
    long-range plan, WT 125: From the Panhandle to the World.

That plan is fueled by the historic, $125 million One West comprehensive fundraising campaign. To date, the five-year campaign — which publicly launched Sept. 23 — has raised about $108 million.

Christine Malovetz To Step Down From WNYL Middays; Will Focus On RVP Duties

Posted: 11 Apr 2022 01:33 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223561/christine-malovetz-to-step-down-from-wnyl-middays-will-focus-on-rvp-duties/

The on-air changes continue at Audacys Alt 92.3 WNYL New York following the addition of Elliot in the Morning.

Christine Malovetz announced today she will step down from her midday shift following her show this Friday to focus on her off-air role as Regional
    Vice President of Programming for Audacy Alternative. Malovetz was the
    first on-air hire at WNYL joining the station in May 2018. She was promoted
    to Assistant Program Director in April 2019 and to her current RVP role
    during the companys restructuring of the format in September 2020.

Prior to joining WNYL, she served as APD/afternoon host at CHR “Now 96.3” KNOU St. Louis. She previously had worked at 95.5 WBRU Providence, “99.9
    The Buzz” WBTZ Plattsburgh NY, “Y100” WPLY Philadelphia, and “Q101” WKQX
    Chicago under the on-air name Electra.

The midday slot at WNYL has been truncated with Elliot in the Morning
    running deep into the 10am hour and the station launching a commercial-free block following the show until noon.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Christine (@christinefromri)

Memphis Is Bumpin For The Third Time

Posted: 11 Apr 2022 11:46 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223555/memphis-is-bumpin-for-the-third-time/

Flinn Broadcasting has launched as Classic Hip Hop station in Memphis
    branded as Bumpin for the third time in the past seven years.

87.7 WPGF-LD returned to broadcasting in late February utilizing the ATSC
    3.0 loophole utilized by other so-called Franken-FMs to continue operating since the shutdown of analog LPTV last summer. In doing so as Bumpin 87.7, Flinn brought back the brand for the third time.

The company previously utilized the Bumpin brand on 96.1 WIVG Tunica
    MS/96.3 W242CF Memphis as “Bumpin 96” from January 2015 through February 2016. It returned in June 2020 through December 2020 on 1240 WMSO Southaven MS/104.1 W281BR Memphis.

Then WPGF-LP most recently operated as “Drake Hall Memphis Radio until
    going silent in July 2021. That brand was relocated to 96.1 WIVG Tunica at
    that time.

Chris Carlin To Join Chris Canty In Afternoons At ESPN Radio

Posted: 11 Apr 2022 07:18 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223541/chris-carlin-to-join-chris-canty-in-afternoons-at-espn-radio/

ESPN Radio has announced that Chris Carlin will join its national lineup as
    he joins Chris Canty in the 3-7pm Eastern/12-4pm Pacific timeslot starting Monday, April 25.

Carlin moves to the national lineup from nights at 98.7 ESPN WEPN-FM New
    York filling the slot across from Canty that had been held by Mike Golic
    Jr. until the end of his contract in February. Carlin joined WEPN-FM in December 2019 and has also been serving as a fill-in across ESPN Radios
    weekday lineup.

Prior to joining ESPN, Carlin co-hosted CMB with Maggie Gray and Bart Scott
    at 660/101.9 WFAN New York and afternoons at 94.1 WIP Philadelphia. Earlier
    in his career he worked at WFAN as producer for Mike & The Mad Dog, morning sportscaster on Imus In The Morning and Boomer & Carton, and as weekend and fill-in host and then anchor/host for Sportsnet New York co-hosting the network’s SportsNight highlights program, Loudmouths debate show, and previously pre and post-game shows for the network’s New York Mets
    coverage. He also has served as the radio play-by-play voice for Rutgers University football since 2004 and did basketball from 2008 until 2015.

Canty joined the ESPN Radio national lineup in September 2021 after
    previously co-hosting mornings on WEPN-FM. He spent eleven years in the NFL
    as a defensive end with the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, and Baltimore Ravens.

Award-winning hosts Chris Canty – Super Bowl XLVI Champion with the New
    York Giants – and Chris Carlin will debut a new, national show Canty &
    Carlin from 3-7 p.m. ET as part of ESPN Radio’s weekday afternoon lineup, beginning Monday, April 25. The show will feature the duo bringing
    listeners their unique insight on the day’s events and breaking news, as
    well as getting fans ready for the night’s action with the latest updates, analysis and more. The show will also regularly welcome a full lineup of special guests across sports and entertainment.

“I’m fired up to work with Carlin. We were able to establish chemistry going back to our days working at 98.7FM in New York,” said Canty. “He’s a
    pro’s pro that puts in the work to be at his best and also bring out the
    best in others. We both take sports seriously, but we won’t take ourselves serious. We’ll keep our audience informed, make them think and hopefully
    get a few laughs along the way.”

Carlin said, “I’m thrilled to be part of the national lineup for ESPN Radio, especially to be working alongside a pro like Chris. ESPN has been a great fit for me these last few years and I can’t wait to continue my
    career with the network. Chris and I both have strong points of view. I
    know we will have fun getting into the details with the players and fans
    who share our lifelong passion for sports.”

Amanda Gifford, vice president, content strategy and audio, added, “Chris Canty and Chris Carlin both bring strong expertise, perspective and opinion
    as well as great energy to every show and topic they discuss. We’re excited to be able to have them together on a national platform and for fans to
    enjoy this new duo every afternoon.”

Canty & Carlin will mark Carlin’s full-time national ESPN Radio debut. The Emmy-winning host most recently led his self-titled show on 98.7FM ESPN New York since 2019. His engaging, opinionated yet humorous style has resonated with audiences throughout his career. Prior to ESPN New York, Carlin had already been a fixture on the New York sports TV and radio scene for over a decade including hosting New York Mets pre and post-game shows and a debate show called Loudmouths on SNY. In addition, Carlin hosted a TV special on
    SNY, Scandal in Sayreville, an investigative look at the bullying scandal
    in Sayreville, NJ. The story received national attention, and the show won
    a New York Emmy. He is also the voice for Rutgers football, which he has
    done since 2004 and has called games for ESPN Radio.

Canty also moved to ESPN’s national lineup from the network’s New York station. He has been co-hosting the ESPN Radio afternoon drive slot since
    Sept. 2021. Prior to that, Canty appeared on DiPietro, Canty & Rothenberg
    in New York, where they were multiple-time winners of the New York State Broadcasters Association’s Outstanding Radio Show award. Canty is a Super Bowl Champion who spent 11 years in the NFL with the Baltimore Ravens (2013-15), Giants (2009-12) and Dallas Cowboys (2005-08). He is also the founder of The Chris Canty Foundation, dedicated to enhancing the total development of youth in our communities by utilizing the platform of sports
    to affect positive change in the lives of children through mentoring and

[continued in next message]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)