• [RadioInsight] Country To Remain In Bay Area As KBAY Becomes Bay Countr

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 5 18:28:07 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Country To Remain In Bay Area As KBAY Becomes Bay Country

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 03:06 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223061/country-to-remain-in-bay-area-as-kbay-becomes-bay-country/

With the impending sale and flip of 95.3 KRTY Los Gatos to Educational
    Media Foundation, Alpha Media has moved quickly to fill the format hole in
    the Bay Area.

Alpha has flipped AC 94.5 KBAY Gilroy/San Jose to Country as Bay Country
    94.5. The flip took place at 3pm today as Britney Spears Baby One More Time gave way to Thomas Rhett Whats Your Country Song, Jon Pardi Head Over Boots
    and Morgan Wallen Wasted On You to kick off the new format.

The move comes just months after another format shift took KBAY from
    Classic Hits 94.5 Bay-FM to a gold based AC back under its heritage call
    letter branding after a Christmas music run as K-Sleigh. KBAY registered a
    4.7 share in the February 2022 Nielsen Audio ratings, well behind KRTYs 7.5 share.

Another Chicago Translator Fined $9000 For FCC Violations

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 11:35 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223055/another-chicago-translator-fined-9000-for-fcc-violations/

Following an informal objection and inquiry by the FCC, Centro Cristiano de Vida Eterna has been fined $9000 as part of a consent decree tied to its license renewal application for 98.3 W252AW Chicago.

The consent decree acknowledges that W252AW was broadcasting for extended periods of time while its primary staton was off the air, failed to timely notify the FCC that the translator was silent for more than 30 days, and
    CCVE failed to make truthful and accurate statements to the agencys media bureau during the investigation.

W252AW was licensed to rebroadcast Midway Broadcastings 1450 WRLL Cicero,
    which at the time was still on a shared-time license with the now deleted
    1450 WCEV Cicero. Centro Cristiano admitted that from March 5, 2021 until
    April 9, 2021 that it aired WRLLs online programming during a time that
    WCEV was broadcasting and not WRLL. During the FCCs inquiry they first
    claimed the translator was only broadcasting static bursts until conceding
    the fact after being given recorded proof.

Previously the translator had gone silent on March 6, 2020 before resuming operations on March 5, 2021. No silent STA was filed until July 8, 2020
    when it was required to be submitted by April 5.

The $9000 fine comes just weeks after Windy City Broadcasting’s 103.9
    W280EM Chicago was fined $8000 to settle multiple violations with its
    license renewal.

Frank & Star Swap Spots In Florence

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 08:47 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222264/frank-star-swap-spots-in-florence/

Community Broadcasters has swapped frequencies for two of its brands in Florence SC.

Adult CHR Star 93.7 becomes Star 97.1 as it moves from WSIM Lamar to 97.1 W246AW Florence fed by WSIM-HD3.

Variety Hits 97.1 Frank-FM moves in the opposite direction to the Class A signal of 93.7 WSIM as 93.7 Frank-FM. The move marks the third frequency in
    the market for the brand, that launched on 97.1 before moving to 95.3 WFRK
    when that signal launched in 2010 and then back to 97.1 in 2012.

Despite being on the translator, Frank has risen from a 1.6 share in Fall
    2020 to 2.6 in Spring 2021 and 3.3 in Fall 2021, while Star has gone 1.6
    2.1 1.7 over the same period.

Radio.Cloud Enters Radio Automation Marketplace

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 08:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223050/radio-cloud-enters-radio-automation-marketplace/

With the addition of its first United States customer Throwback Nation
    Radio, German software company Radio.Cloud officially enters the US marketplace. Led by industry vets Christian Brenner and Jim Hammond, Radio.Cloud is the first 100% native cloud-based automation, content
    management and production system and has been on-air for more than three
    years in Germany with over 150 affiliates.

Brenner, CEO and Managing Director, is an entrepreneur and innovator that
    has set up numerous radio and TV stations. He created SmartCast (now part
    of satellite operator SES – formerly GE Americom), a software-as-a-service solution that localized content management for Disney, Fox and Cartoon
    Network in many different Asian countries.

“It was exactly four years ago when a German Radio Group with 50 affiliates asked us to completely revolutionize their network with 100% flexibility
    and AI supported functions,” Brenner said. “This was shortly before the NAB, and we couldn’t find a solution in line with what they wanted. So, I thought, ‘let’s build something new to support the radio industry.’ I hired
    25 people, we got to work, and one year later the first station went on air with Radio.Cloud.

Hammond’s career has spanned more than 50 years worldwide, working as a teacher, consultant in multiple countries and group general manager and engineer. He spent decades at some of the leading automation companies including 11 years with Scott Studios and dMarc, over 3 years at Google and another 11 at WideOrbit.

“When I first saw Radio.Cloud, I was a little skeptical as this was the elusive unicorn that others had dreamed of seeing. And I quickly realized
    what a significant tipping point this represented for the broadcast industry,” explained Hammond. “Sure, there were others that offered cloud storage and disaster recovery, but that is something most people do with
    cloud backup every day at home. To provide true cloud-based playout with
    the use of microservices, triple-backup, 24/7 monitoring and leveraging the reliability and security of industry standards Azure and AWS is something altogether different. It hit me like lightning.”

The Radio.Cloud team is set to display its current platform and debut a new live offering at the NAB Show booth 7307 in Las Vegas from April 23-27. For more information, email the team at us@radio.cloud or call 1-844-444-0000.

WJBR Promotes Chris Leonard To Operations Manager

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 06:37 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/223041/wjbr-promotes-chris-leonard-to-operations-manager/

Beasley Media Group AC Mix 99.5 WJBR-FM Wilmington DE has promoted Chris Leonard to Operations Manager.

Leonard has risen through the ranks at WJBR from part-time promotions
    assistant and fill-in host before becoming Promotions/Events Director in
    2017 and Assistant Program Director in 2020.

Beasley Media Group announces the promotion of Chris Leonard to the
    position of Operations Manager at WJBR-FM in Wilmington, Delaware.

A Wilmington native, Chris joined the station as a part-time promotions assistant and fill-in talent, before being elevated to Promotions and
    Events Director in 2017 and adding the Assistant Program Director title in 2020.

In his new role, Chris will continue to handle promotions and event
    marketing for the station, including overseeing the annual Bridal Expo and
    the Help Our Kids Radiothon.

“Chris is truly one of those people who can “do it all”, and do it all well,” said Beasley Media Group Vice President and Market Manager Joe Bell. “His promotion to Operations Manager for WJBR is huge for the station’s continued growth!”

“When you put creative and logistic talent together and throw in an amazing work ethic, it’s an unstoppable force,” noted Program Director Eric Johnson. “That’s Chris Leonard! Plus, he cares deeply about this community and our radio station. There really is no one more qualified for this
    position. Bravo Chris!”

“I love that I get to work with a company that believes in me,” said Leonard. “Working for the Beasley family is an honor and I am beyond
    excited to collaborate with the team to continue the incredible growth of
    Mix 99.5 WJBR.”

Andrea Williams To Depart WJMR For WTMJ-TV

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 05:30 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222995/andrea-williams-to-depart-wjmr-for-wtmj-tv/

Longtime Jammin 98.3 WJMR Menomenee Falls/Milwaukee personality Andrea
    Williams will be departing the station to join WTMJ-TV as a reporter.

Williams has been part of the morning show at the Saga Communications owned Adult RB station in various forms since 2000, while also serving as
    News/Public Affairs at the station. She currently hosts local inserts
    during the syndicated DeDe in the Morning and then the 10am to 12pm
    airshift. She also hosts a public affairs show for Sinclairs two television stations in the market and previously worked as a dancer and in-game host
    for the NBAs Milwaukee Bucks. Prior to joining WJMR in 2000, Williams
    served as News Director for WKKV Milwaukee, WKYS Washington DC, and WROU
    Dayton OH.

Mike Rowe Joins WSFR For Mornings; Johnny Maze As APD/Afternoons

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 05:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222947/mike-rowe-joins-wsfr-for-mornings-johnny-maze-as-apd-afternoons/

SummitMedia Classic Rock 107.7 The Eagle WSFR Corydon IN/Louisville KY has welcomed Mike Rowe as its new morning host and Johnny Maze as APD/afternoon host.

Rowe joins WSFR from WB Broadcastings Cat Country 105.5 WLVK Fort Knox KY
    where he served as PD/morning host. WLVK flipped to a simulcast of Oldies
    620 WAKY Louisville/103.5 WAKY-FM Radcliff KY on Friday.

Rowe originally joined WLVK in January 2021 as afternoon host before moving
    to mornings three months later. He had just risen to Program Director in February following the retirement of Bobby Jack Murphy. He previously spent fifteen years at iHeartMedia Louisville eventually rising to Program
    Director of CHR “98.9 Kiss-FM” WNRW and Variety Hits 100.5 FM WSDF and evening host at Country 97.5 WAMZ until exiting in late 2020.

Maze joins the station from afternoons at Southern Stone Communications
    Rock Rocket 95.1 WRTT Huntsville AL. He has previously programmed stations
    in Huntsville, Jackson MS, Lafayette LA, Lexington KY, Salisbury MD, and Wichita KS.

At WSFR, Rowe fills the opening created by Regular Laura Hardys move to Townsquare Media Hot AC Mix 95.7 WLHT Grand Rapids MI at the start of the
    year. Maze succeeds Luke Kelly, who exited in February.

Aaron 'Goose' Seller & Renee Vitale To Host Mornings At WDRQ

Posted: 05 Apr 2022 04:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222997/aaron-goose-seller-renee-vitale-to-host-mornings-at-wdrq/

Cumulus Medias New Country 93.1 WDRQ Detroit will debut Goose & Renee in mornings on Wednesday, April 6.

Hosted by Aaron Goose Seller and Renee Vitale, the duo fill the morning
    show vacancy open since Bill Broadway Bertschinger moved to afternoons and subsequently departing the station in January. His co-host Roxanne Steele departed the station last October.

Vitale has been serving as interim morning host since Broadways move to afternoons in November. She has previously co-hosted mornings in the market
    at AC 100.3 WNIC, hosted local inserts at WDRQ from 2015-2018, nights at
    Soft AC 98.7 The Breeze WDZH and also middays at Cumulus CHR 103.3 The Vibe KVYB Santa Barbara CA.

Seller most recently was Operations Manager for Adams Radio Salisbury/Ocean City MD and Program Director of CHR OC 104 103.9 WOCQ. He has also served
    as OM for

Sound Management South Bend IN where he also hosted mornings at CHR U93
    92.9 WNDV-FM. The Detroit native spent the majority of his career in
    Colorado with stints in mornings at Cumulus CHR 98.9 Magic-FM KKMG and a
    decade at AC 92.9 Peak-FM KKPK where he also served as Director of
    Marketing. He also was briefly part of the morning show at Bonneville
    Country 98.5 KYGO Denver.

Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that it will launch a new morning
    radio show, “Goose & Renee,” on New Country 93.1 FM/WDRQ-FM in Detroit on Wednesday, April 6th. “Goose & Renee” brings together current New Country 93.1 FM morning personality Renee Vitale with Aaron “Goose” Seller weekdays from 5:30am-10:00am. 

Seller started his 23-year radio career in 1999 in Detroit’s Fisher
    Building, home of Cumulus Detroit, and has been heard on radio stations in Traverse City, MI (WKPK), Green Bay, WI (WLYD), Ft. Wayne, IN (WNHT), and Colorado Springs, CO (KKPK). Most recently, Seller was Operations Manager
    for Adams Radio’s Salisbury/Ocean City, MD, five-station group and Program Director of Rhythmic CHR OC 104/103.9 WOCQ. Seller has been on-air in
    mornings at Cumulus Colorado Springs CHR 98.9 Magic-FM/KKMG-FM and at 92.9 Peak-FM/KKPK-FM, where he also served as Director of Marketing. Seller was
    also previously part of the morning show at Bonneville Country station 98.5 KYGO-FM in Denver, CO.

Vitale is a native of Southeast Detroit and has spent 23 of her 24 years in radio on Detroit airwaves. She was part-time on WDRQ-FM when it was
    formatted as a Top 40 station, was heard on Cumulus Detroit’s 96.3 WDVD-FM, and joined the morning show on WNIC-FM in 2009. For 15 years, she worked in various roles at the Specs Howard School of Media Arts, including serving
    as the Director of Admissions. In 2015, Vitale returned to the Country-formatted WDRQ-FM as local morning anchor of the syndicated NASH FM Morning Show. She was also heard on Detroit’s WDZH-FM, before returning to fill-in on 96.3 WDVD on the Blaine Fowler Morning Show. She has hosted mornings at New Country 93.1 WDRQ since November 2021.

Steve Finateri, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Detroit, said: “New Country 93.1 FM is gaining momentum in Detroit, and having Goose at the
    helm with Renee in Morning Drive will be the adrenaline Detroit’s country fans have been looking for. Goose is a radio veteran with a proven track record of attracting large audiences. Now he has a chance to make a real
    impact in his hometown, returning to the very place he was born and raised,
    and dreamt of hosting a morning show here his entire career!”

David Corey, Director FM Programming, Cumulus Detroit, commented: “I couldn’t be more excited to introduce our Detroit listeners to Goose &
    Renee, and vice versa! They are in for a treat each and every weekday. From
    the moment I met Goose and Renee separately, I knew they would be the right team to help lead New Country 93-1 to even greater heights. Get ready, Detroit!”

Aaron “Goose” Seller, remarked: “There are no words to describe the excitement I have about coming back to my hometown of Detroit, where I
    started my radio career. This is absolutely a dream come true.” He added: “I missed Detroit so much while living in Colorado, I actually opened up a coney and slider restaurant to emulate my two favorite places, Lafayette
    Coney Island and Greene’s Hamburgers. I can’t wait to discover all the amazing things that have happened in and around Detroit while I’ve been
    away. I am truly thankful to David Corey, Steve Finateri, and Doug Hamand
    for this opportunity.”

Variety: Grand Ole Opry Owner Sells Minority Stake to Atairos and
    NBCUniversal for Nearly $300 Million

Posted: 04 Apr 2022 07:31 PM PDT https://variety.com/2022/music/news/grand-ole-opry-sale-nbcuniversal-1235224437/

Jim Graci Joins WOKV AM/FM As Director of Branding & Programming

Posted: 04 Apr 2022 12:46 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222971/jim-graci-joins-wokv-am-fm-as-director-of-branding-programming/

Cox Media Group has announced the appointment of Jim Graci and Director of Branding Programming for News/Talk 104.5 WOKV-FM and Sports ESPN 690 WOKV Jacksonville FL.

Graci most recently spent nine years overseeing News/Talk 1020 KDKA and
    Sports 93.7 The Fan KDKA-FM Pittsburgh until exiting last August. He has
    also programmed Talk 570 KLIF Dallas and Sports ESPN 1250 WEAE Pittsburgh
    in his career along with multiple production positions in Seattle, Phoenix,
    and Atlanta.

Cox Media Group (“CMG”) today announced that Jim Graci has been named Director of Branding & Programming for news talk WOKV and ESPN 690 in Jacksonville effective April 4. Graci will oversee day-to-day programming
    for the stations along with development and execution of marketing,
    promotions, and events. 

Graci most recently served for nine years as Brand Manager and Program Director for KDKA AM & FM in Pittsburgh. He is a veteran of news talk and sports broadcasting with experience in multiple markets including Dallas, Texas, Seattle, Wash., and Phoenix, Ariz. He began his career as Public
    Address Announcer for the Atlanta Hawks before rising as on-air talent, creative services director and program director, all while securing top ratings, industry nominations and awards along the way.

“We are thrilled to have Jim join the CMG Jacksonville team,” said Jules Riley, Director of Operations for CMG Jacksonville.  “We spoke to
    impressive candidates during our search and Jim quickly gained our
    attention for good reason.  With his vast experience in both news talk and sports formats, he is tailor made to lead our news and sports teams in Jacksonville.”

“Jim’s history of success in news talk speaks for itself,” added Chis Eagan, VP of Audience and Operations. “I’m excited to watch him apply all that he knows to our award-winning station in Jacksonville.  Welcome, Jim!”

A native of Pennsylvania, Garci attended Temple University and
    Elizabethtown College.

“I am thrilled to join the CMG Jacksonville cluster and work with the incredible staff at WOKV-FM and ESPN 690, including the programming team
    led by Jules Riley and News Director Rob Jones,” said Graci.  “I am grateful for Rob Babin, SVP of Radio, Chris Eagan, Drew Anderssen and Pete Spriggs for allowing me the opportunity to continue the tradition of extraordinary talk radio on these iconic stations.”

Audacy Makes Multiple Country Programming Leadership Promotions

Posted: 04 Apr 2022 10:55 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222966/audacy-makes-multiple-country-programming-leadership-promotions/

Audacy has made multiple leadership promotions across its Country
    programming.

Mark Anderson has been promoted to Regional Vice President overseeing WLKK Buffalo, WPAW-FM Greensboro, WDSY Pittsburgh, WBEE Rochester, and WGGY Wilkes-Barre. Anderson will continue to serve as Vice President of
    Programming for the companys music stations in Pittsburgh including WDSY,
    Hot AC 100.7 Star WBZZ, and as of today Hip Hop 660/107.3 WAMO.

Chris Michaels rises from Operations Manager of the companys Memphis
    cluster to Regional Brand Manager, where he will support the execution of programming, music and branding for the aforementioned stations. He will continue to retain his position in Memphis.

107.9 KMLE Phoenix Brand Manager Drew Bland will add similar duties for
    100.7 The Wolf KKWF Seattle. Bland previously programmed KKWF from 2017 to 2020. He rejoined the company to lead KMLE last year.

Under the new corporate restructuring, Regional Vice President John Foxx
    and Regional Brand Manager Justin Cole will oversee KILT-FM Houston, WUSY Chattanooga, WKIS Miami, WHLL Springfield MA, WXBK-HD2 New York and
    WRXL-HD2 Richmond.

Regional Vice President Kevin Callahan and Regional Brand Manager Scott
    Roddy will oversee KSON San Diego, WDAF-FM Kansas City, KWJJ Portland, KFRG/KXFG Riverside, KKWF Seattle and KMLE Phoenix.

Country Format Vice President Tim Roberts and Regional Brand Manager Marci Braun will continue to oversee WUSN Chicago, WYCD Detroit, KMNB Minneapolis
    and WLFP Memphis.

Audacy has announced two promotions in its country format leadership. The company has elevated Mark Anderson to Regional Vice President, supporting operations for 107.7 FM / 104.7 FM The Wolf (WLKK-FM) in Buffalo, 93.1 The
    Wolf (WPAW-FM) in Greensboro, NC, Y108 (WDSY-FM) in Pittsburgh, 92.3 WBEE (WBEE-FM) in Rochester, NY, and Froggy 101 (WGGY-FM) in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
    Chris Michaels has been promoted to Regional Brand Manager, where he will support the execution of programming, music and branding for the
    aforementioned stations. Both moves are effective immediately.

“Adding Mark Anderson and Chris Michaels to our country leadership team
    will help better execute our local brand strategies, give those markets
    more individualized attention and create more synergy within our country team,” said Tim Roberts, Country Format Vice President, Audacy. “We’re proud to elevate two hard working individuals and watching them take this
    next step within our organization.”

“Audacy has the best country brands and the best country fans,” said Anderson. “I cannot wait to serve both in this new role! Im grateful to
    Jeff Sottolano and Tim Roberts for this opportunity and to Kevin Callahan
    and John Foxx for welcoming me to the team.”

Anderson has been programming radio brands for 25 years. He joined the
    company in its Pittsburgh market in 2010 as Operations Manager and was
    promoted to Vice President of Programming in 2017. He currently serves as
    Brand Manager of Y108 (WDSY-FM), 100.7 Star (WBZZ-FM) and the market’s
    newest brand, WAMO 107.3 (WAMO-AM). He has also served previous programming roles in St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Saginaw-Flint and Sault Ste. Marie, MI.

“I am honored and excited to join the amazing team of Audacy country
    regional brand managers,” said Michaels. “I cant wait to get started and work alongside leaders like Tim Roberts, Mark Anderson, Kevin Callahan and
    John Foxx.”

Michaels joined Audacy in 2011 as Operations Manager for the company’s Memphis market. In this role, he oversaw music brands 94.1 The Wolf
    (WLFP-FM), FM 100 (WMC-FM) and 104.5 The River (WRVR-FM), while notably increasing ratings for the latter two from the top 10 to the top three in
    their core demos with women 25-49 and women 25-54. Previous stops include various programming and on-air roles at WABB-FM in Mobile, AL, WERO-FM in Greenville-New Bern, NC, and WAPE-FM in Jacksonville.

Anderson and Michaels’ promotions are part of a country format realignment across Audacy’s 20 country stations. Under the new realignment, Regional
    Vice President John Foxx and Regional Brand Manager Justin Cole will
    oversee 100.3 The Bull (KILT-FM) in Houston, U.S. 101 (WUSY-FM) in
    Chattanooga, Kiss Country 99.9 (WKIS-FM) in Miami, Hall of Fame Country (WHLL-AM) in Springfield, New York’s Country HD2 in New York and Big 98.5 (WRXL-HD2) in Richmond. Regional Vice President Kevin Callahan and Regional Brand Manager Scott Roddy will oversee 103.7 KSON (KSON-FM) in San Diego,
    106.5 The Wolf (WDAF-FM) in Kansas City, 99.5 The Wolf (KWJJ-FM) in
    Portland, K-FROG 95.1 (KFRG-FM) in Riverside, 100.7 The Wolf (KKWF-FM) in Seattle and KMLE Country 107.9 (KMLE-FM) in Phoenix. Country Format Vice President Tim Roberts and Regional Brand Manager Marci Braun will continue
    to oversee US 99 (WUSN-FM) in Chicago, 99.5 WYCD (WYCD-FM) in Detroit,
    102.9 The Wolf (KMNB-FM) in Minneapolis and 94.1 The Wolf (WLFP-FM) in
    Memphis.

Audacy also announces Drew Bland as Brand Manager for 100.7 the Wolf in
    Seattle in addition to his KMLE Country 107.9 oversight. Bland rejoined the company and KMLE Country 107.9 in 2021 as brand manager after serving as
    Vice President of Promotion for Monument Records. Prior to his time at
    Monument Records, Bland served as program director and evening host for
    100.7 The Wolf and programmed WWKA-FM in Orlando from. He also had an
    initial seven-year stint with KMLE Country 107.9 in various on-air and programming roles.

Larry Elder Departs Salem Radio Network

Posted: 04 Apr 2022 10:10 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/222962/larry-elder-departs-salem-radio-network/

Larry Elder has exited Salem Media Groups syndicated Conservative Talk
    lineup after six years hosting the 6-9pm Eastern/3-6pm Pacific time slot.

WTLN Orlandos Carl Jackson, who fill-ined for Elder last year while he ran
    for Governor of California, will take over the timeslot on an interim basis until Salem announces a permanent replacement.

Elder joined Salem in August 2015 after two stints at 790 KABC Los Angeles
    from 1994 to 2008 and again from 2010 to 2014. He was also previously syndicated by ABC Radio Networks from 2002 to 2007.

Salem Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SALM) announced today that Larry Elder
    has decided to move on from the Salem Radio Network, after a six year run
    on the SRN lineup, 3-6pm PT, 6-9pm ET. SRN will be announcing a replacement
    for Larry in this slot very soon. This change is effective immediately.

“Larry is an icon as a radio talk show host and is a powerful voice as a leading black conservative, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors,” said Salem Senior Vice President of Spoken Word, Phil Boyce. “I hope there will be future opportunities for us to work together,” said
    Boyce, who added this was “completely 100% Larry’s decision.”

In fact, Salem continues to be a major platform for Larry’s documentaries like “Uncle Tom,” released two years ago, and will be providing a platform for the sequel “Uncle Tom 2” coming out in a few months. SalemNow.Com will be hosting that movie, as it did in the past. Salem granted Larry a 3 month leave of absence last summer to run for Governor of California, during that recall election, and he returned to the air waves in October.

During that run for Governor, Salem utilized Carl Jackson, a rising star
    from Orlando, to sub for Larry and never missed a beat. Carl has agreed to resume the host duties for the foreseeable future, until Salem is ready to announce a permanent replacement. “It was an honor for me to sit in Larry’s chair last summer for a few months, and it will be another honor to
    continue his tradition on the radio now,” said Carl, who will host the show out of the Salem facility in Orlando, AM 950 The Answer.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)