• [RadioInsight] Krystal Pino Moves To Middays At KIIM

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcas@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 12 18:13:29 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Krystal Pino Moves To Middays At KIIM

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 11:15 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214033/krystal-pino-moves-to-middays-at-kiim/

Four months after joining Cumulus Tucson to host middays at Classic Hip Hop 97.5 The Vibe KSZR Oro Valley, Krystal Pino is moving down the hall to take
    the same daypart at Country 99.5 KIIM.

Prior to joining KSZR in July, Pino most recently spent four years at
    Rhythmic Oldies “106.3 The Groove” KTGV as APD/MD with on-air stints in mornings and afternoons. She has also worked in the Tucson market at
    Rhythmic CHR “Hot 98.3” KOHT and Alternative 92.1 KFMA as well as at KYGO and KDHT/KJHM Denver and KILO-FM Colorado Springs.

Pino takes the slot that had been held for the past two decades by Cactus
    Dave Lavender.

HERE IT IS I’m the middays host on 99.5 KIIM-FM. I can’t believe I get to
    be a part of legendary station like @KIIM995. Catch my show Mon-Sat 10a-3p. https://t.co/6MaId5uJrM

- Krystal Pino (@TheKrystalPino) October 12, 2021

Fresh Listen: Kincaid & Dallas

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 09:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/ross/213837/fresh-listen-kincaid-dallas/

WKHX Atlanta morning show co-host J.J. Kincaid has a lot of industry
    respect and goodwill. He’s been considered a “jock’s jock” since his Top 40
    work at KDWB Minneapolis and WHTZ (Z100) New York.  Kincaid has been a consistent presence in social media, particularly as a calming voice for personalities caught up in the industry’s downsizing of the last year. He
    is the moderator of the self-explanatory Facebook group “Oh Damn . . . That Song.”

Kincaid had his own period of job-hunting angst to draw on after leaving
    his first morning job at KPTT Denver.  But two years ago, Kincaid and
    morning host Dallas were tapped when the longtime WKHX (Kicks 101.5)
    Atlanta reimaged as “New Country 101.5.” On Monday, Oct. 11, they’ll debut
    on 25 Cumulus stations replacing Westwood One’s current show Paul Koffy.

We took a Fresh Listen to the show as heard on October 7 on WKHX. Between 6-7:30 a.m., bits included:

On the “Dallas’ Dish” segment: Blake Shelton jokes about Ariana Grande implying he was old on “The Voice”; Kelsea Ballerini has an upcoming poetry book; tickets are available to the general public for next month’s CMA Awards; Britney Spears wants to direct a movie, like “Kill Bill” (“I’ll see
    that one” says Kincaid). The Apple news that was teased in the last break
    is that “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” has been readded this year,
    due to viewer demand. The next teaser is for an upcoming story about Burger King. (“I don’t know if they can legally do this.”)

The Burger King story is about the introduction of Ghost Pepper Chicken Nuggets, only available by downloading the BK app. Co-host Garrett
    speculates that they won’t be really spicy. Brooks & Dunn, Travis Tritt,
    and Elvie Shane are in town that night for the “Reboot 2021” tour. “Let’s
    get them before the concert so we can all suffer,” says J.J. Dallas asks whether they’ll have Impossible Nuggets as well.

There are a lot of teasers on the show. The answer to “how does your
    mailman get revenge” is the story about the mail carrier who was caught urinating on a particular mailbox, then told to finish his shift.

Producer Amanda has derided somebody on TV for wearing “2017 fashion.” That comment wounds J.J. who shops at Wal-Mart and whose current $40 shirt is a splurge. “When was your last time in a department store?” asks Dallas. “About five or six years ago,” says J.J., who believes that based on the Wal-Mart displays, Hawaiian shirts will be back in style this fall.

On this morning’s “But Wait, There’s More” segment, the team members’ stories are:

The Sandy Springs policeman who had to deliver a baby on the side of the
    road. Dallas says that she could probably deliver a horse, but not a human; Kelloggs and Wendys are teaming up for Frosty-flavored cereal;
    A national park in Alaska has named the winner of “Fat Bear Week” (adorable bear pictures are posted on Facebook and Instagram);
    The man who had his pants stolen by muggers who weren’t content to take his wallet only.

On this morning’s “My Little Secret,” the caller’s confession is that instead of going to multiple farmers’ markets because his wife wants
    locally sourced produce, he goes to the supermarket and transfers the
    produce into a burlap bag. But he can’t remember if he removed the labels.
    On the previous day, the topic was a woman who broke off an engagement,
    then found out that she was still her fiancée’s emergency contact when the hospital called her to make a decision about organ donation. (Fortunately,
    it never came to that.)

The team starts the topic of things-that-allegedly-happened-to-a-friend-of-a-friend with the urban
    legend about getting a staph infection from touching the phones at a
    cellphone store. That leads to soliciting listener calls about whether
    you’ve ever had anything supernatural happen at Halloween haunted houses. 

The morning show’s daily recap podcast is posted here. 

Premiere Networks Signs Steve Harvey To Contract Extension

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 08:07 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214025/premiere-networks-signs-steve-harvey-to-contract-extension/

Premiere Networks announced today a new and extended long-term agreement
    with Steve Harvey, one of the most recognizable and sought-after
    entertainers in the world.

Under the new agreement, the award-winning multimedia personality will
    continue his current role as host of “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” the #1 syndicated morning radio show in America. With more than 15 years in syndication with Premiere, the program reaches millions of listeners on
    more than 100 stations across the country and is available on iHeartRadio.

Additionally, Harvey will continue to work with Premiere on a variety of projects, including development and creation of new programming and
    promotions, community and charitable endeavors, events, and more.

“I’m happy to continue my fruitful partnership with Premiere Networks and host ‘The Steve Harvey Morning Show’ well into the future,” said Steve Harvey. “Entering into this agreement further underscores my commitment to serving the community and the people. Humor is my gift, but it’s ultimately my connection to the people that motivates me to host the #1 syndicated
    morning radio show for the coming years. The show also allows me to help us engage politically, and enables me to motivate the listeners and provide
    some spiritual moments as well. I’m excited to continue giving people much needed smiles and hard laughs in these uncertain times.”

“Steve is a multiplatform star and one of the most talented entertainers in the world,” said Julie Talbott, President of Premiere Networks. “He has the ability to entertain and engage audiences across any and every platform
    with fun, humor and heart. We couldn’t be happier to extend our
    relationship for years to come.”

Created by Harvey in September 2000, “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” joined Premiere Networks national lineup in 2005.  Broadcasting live from 6-10
    a.m. ET Monday through Friday, Harvey and his co-hosts Shirley Strawberry, Nephew Tommy, Carla Ferrell, Junior and J. Anthony Brown bring listeners inspirational advice, laughs, celebrity interviews, news, rousing music,
    and more. For his work on the program, Harvey was honored with the NAB
    Marconi Award for “Network/Syndicated Personality of the Year” in 2013 and 2015, and he was inducted into the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame in 2014.

The agreement was negotiated and executed by Premiere’s President, Julie Talbott, and by Steve Harvey Global’s Chief Operating Officer and Chief
    Legal Officer, Brandon R. Williams.

Sports Betting The Game Debuts In St. Louis

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:46 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214023/sports-betting-the-game-debuts-in-st-louis/

VSiN has announced that its programming will now be heard in St. Louis MO
    on a 24/7 basis as Burt Kaufmans Brokered Christian 920 WGNU St. Louis and
    its new sign-on 104.5 K283CI St. Louis translator flip to Sports Betting
    The Game.

WGNU “The Game” announced today that it will flip to a sports betting information format airing content from VSiN, The Sports Betting Network. Launching today, WGNU 920 AM and 104.5 FM will deliver VSiN’s real-time sports betting news and analysis across every major sport. This new content distribution deal will bring 24/7 sports betting information content to the
    St. Louis metro area, which includes part of southwestern Illinois.

“We’re thrilled to introduce the St. Louis metro area to this informative and entertaining brand of sports talk,” said Bill Moir, consultant of WGNU. “Sports betting education as a 24/7 format, and specifically the expert analysis from VSiN, is a perfect choice for WGNU. We’re excited to be the
    St. Louis home of VSiN.”

VSiN programming on WGNU 920 AM and 104.5 FM will deliver real-time sports betting views and analysis across every major sport driven by leading media
    and industry experts including morning talk personalities Mitch Moss and
    Pauly Howard, sports betting analytics expert Gill Alexander, former pro football executive Michael Lombardi and sportscasting legend Brent
    Musburger.

“Entering this top 25 market with a strong signal that spans the St. Louis metro area is just the beginning of our expansion plans at VSiN,” said
    Brian Musburger, founder and CEO of VSiN. “We appreciate the opportunity to collaborate with innovative content providers like the WGNU team to help educate and entertain, even before sports betting is live in Missouri.”

VSiN was acquired by DraftKings Inc. (NASDAQ: DKNG) in March and continues
    to deliver the news, analysis and insights sports bettors need to make
    informed wagering decisions. Featuring the industry’s most knowledgeable sports betting experts and legendary book makers, VSiN informs and
    entertains the growing number of Americans betting on sports – whether they’re sharp bettors or brand new to the action. The unique content sets
    the stage for the day’s biggest sports betting events and shares expert
    tips and predictions across the college and pro football, college and pro basketball, hockey, baseball, golf, tennis and more.

Lura Good Joins WHNA As Morning Host

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 05:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214017/lura-good-joins-whna-as-morning-host/

Seven Mountains Media Classic Hits Hanna 92.3 WHNA Riverside/106.1 WNNA
    Beaver Springs/97.5 W248DK Bloomsburg PA has debuted a new morning show
    hosted by Lura Good.

Good most recently served as Promotions Director and morning co-host at crosstown Sunbury Broadcasting Hot AC 94KX WQKX Sunbury until exiting this summer. She fills the opening created by Frank Lewis departure in May.
    Lewis had joined WHNA at the end of 2018 after spending fifteen years as
    part of The Breakfast Club at 98.1 WOGL Philadelphia.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lura Good (@ldubsg)

DeDe In The Morning Debuts In Five Markets Including Austin

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 04:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214014/dede-in-the-morning-debuts-in-five-markets-including-austin/

Compass Media Networks has announced that DeDe In The Morning has recently launched in five new markets.

New stations adding the KKDA Dallas based show are Waterloo Media Rhythmic
    Hot AC 102.7 The Vibe K274AX/KBPA-HD2 Austin TX, Townsquare Media Hip Hop
    B106 KOOC Belton/Killeen TX where the show replaces Nick Cannon, West
    Virginia Radio Corp Hip Hop 98.7 The Beat WRVZ Pocatalico/Charleston WV,
    Black Crow Media Hip Hop 107.9 The Beat WWRQ-FM Valdosta GA replacing Reach Medias The Morning Hustle, and the previously announced Over/Under LLC Hip
    Hop Loud 102.3 1470 WLOA Warren PA/102.3 W272EI Youngstown OH.

DEDE IN THE MORNING continues to expand with the addition of five new
    markets. The show is heard nationwide in almost 60 markets. 

KBPA 102-7 The Vibe Austin, TX

KOOC B 106 Killeen-Temple TX 

WLOA Loud 102.3 Youngstown OH

WRVZ 98.7 The Beat Charleston WV

WWRQ 107.9 The Beat Valdosta GA

“I have been a fan of DeDe since working in Dallas, she is funny, topical
    and fits perfectly in Austin on The New 102-7 The Vibe, I am so happy to finally work with her.”  Jay Michaels Program Director 102-7 The Vibe, Austin 

We are thrilled to share DeDe with our listeners and make her part of their mornings Chip Banks General Manager, Loud 102.3 Youngstown

We are getting the fun on The Beat with DeDe in the Morning. The show is a perfect combination of fun and laughter. DeDe and her team bring a
    contagious energy to Charleston and we are so excited to have them.  Woody Woods Program Director of WRVZ/98.7 The Beat, Charleston WV

DeDe McGuire comments “Every morning my team and I wake up ready to spread laughter and fun across the country. So excited to have these amazing radio stations join the DeDe in the Morning party.  Austin, Killeen, Youngstown, Valdosta and Charleston    we got you.” 

Full Power Radio Promotes Amy Grey To Companywide APD

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 02:57 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214005/full-power-radio-promotes-amy-grey-to-companywide-apd/

Full Power Radio has announced it has promoted Amy Grey to Assistant
    Program Director for all 28 of its stations across four markets in
    Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.

Grey has been with the company since 2009 serving as morning co-host on Alternative Radio 104.1 WMRQ Waterbury/Hartford, afternoon host on US
    Country 99.5 W258BI New London/WBMW-HD2 and weekend host on AC 106.5 WBMW Pawcatuck/New London. She has also worked as Morning Show Producer at Rock 106.9 WCCC-FM and as an instructor at the Connecticut School of
    Broadcasting.

Full Power Radio announced today that it has promoted Amy Grey to Assistant Program Director of the Full Power Radio Stations.

“Amy is versatile and passionate about local broadcasting and our
    community. She has been on almost every Full Power Radio station and knows what makes them tick, which is why she was the right choice for being
    Assistant PD,” according to President of Full Power Radio, John Fuller.
    She starts early and stays late and takes new broadcasters under her wing
    and provides them with guidance and inspiration, according to Fuller.

Grey has worked for Full Power for 12 years, where she also does the
    morning show “Amy Holden” on Radio 104.1 WMRQ. Grey started her career at WCCC as a Morning Show Producer and has been in radio in the Connecticut
    Market for over 20 years. Grey is also Career Counselor for CSB Media
    Center helping grads find jobs in the industry.

“I am excited for Grey and know that her passion, determination and experience will take the Full Power Radio Team to the next level with new
    ideas and community service,” Fuller added.

Grey says Im excited for this new role as APD, and being the first woman in this programming position at Full Power Radio. John Fuller recognizing
    growth of individuals and promoting within the company is empowering, Grey added.

Full Power Radio is Connecticut based and operates 28 stations in Hartford, Providence, Springfield and New London.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)