• [RadioInsight] Jon McDaniel Departs C89.5 Seattle After 32 Years As Pro

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 2 04:36:26 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Jon McDaniel Departs C89.5 Seattle After 32 Years As Program Director

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 11:13 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230923/jon-mcdaniel-departs-c89-5-seattle-after-32-years-as-program-director/

After 32 years as Program Director at Nathan Hale High School Dance C89.5
    KNHC Seattle, today is Jon McDaniels last day at the station.

McDaniel took over the programming reins of the station in May 1990 after previously being one of the stations student DJs in the mid 80s. He would oversee the stations transition to Dance in the 1990s as it carved out a
    unique niche in the radio industry but for high school stations as well.

KNHC will pay tribute to McDaniels career at 2pm on Friday as part of a two-hour special hosted by Operations Manager Drew Bailey and DJ/instructor Harmony Soleil spotlighting his contributions to the station and the dance music community.

In a message on the stations newsletter, McDaniel wrote:

This has been the best experience in my life, being Program Director at
    C895 for over 30 years.

When I got here, we weren’t allowed to mention gay or lesbian anything on
    the station but I knew we had an audience in those communities because I
    was one of them! So, in 1988 or so, when it came time to design a new C895 bumper sticker, I actually snuck an upside down pink triangle into our logo
    as a we see you” to those communities. And people who didn’t know what the triangle meant were none the wiser. Now, just look how far we’ve come! We even have a rainbow version of our logo and we’re so proud to be serving
    the LGBTQ+ audience (and everyone else, too!)

I will absolutely miss the music and listeners, but I know that C895 will endure and continue to grow. I want to thank the donors. Without you, I
    couldnt have had this amazing career, so thanks from the bottom of my heart.

This is it, fam! Last day at @c895radio after 37 years on the air, and 32
    of them in the Program Directors chair. Heres a pic from the 1987 yearbook
    with me, and my pal Eva working at the station. I was 17, I think. Thanks
    for dancing with me, Seattle! And the beat goes on.
    pic.twitter.com/bI6ILPRjrp

- JB McDizzle (@mcdizzle) July 1, 2022

Rob Anthony Joins WMMS & WHLK Cleveland As Program Director

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 07:55 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230907/rob-anthony-joins-wmms-whlk-cleveland-as-program-director/

With the move of Jason Carr to serve as SVP/Programming for West Palm
    Beach, iHeartMedia has announced Rob Anthony Kopec will relocate to
    Cleveland as Program Director for Rock 100.7 WMMS and Variety Hits 106.5
    The Lake WHLK.

Anthony has served as Executive Producer for iHeartMedia Classic Rock
    Format Center since January 2021. He previously was SVP/Programming for the companys cluster in Providence RI and previously Springfield/Worcester/Cape
    Cod MA and Portsmouth/Manchester NH from 2012 to 2020. He also worked at AC 94.7 WMAS Springfield MA working up from APD/MD to Operations Manager and Program Director.

iHeartMedia announced today that Rob Anthony has been named Program
    Director for 100.7 FM WMMS and 106.5 The Lake, effective immediately. iHeartMedia Cleveland has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing nine stations comprised of music, talk and news formats.

iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
    As Program Director, Anthony will be responsible for generating compelling content and exciting promotions to increase revenue and drive ratings for
    100.7 FM/WMMS and 106.5 The Lake/WHLK. He will report to Keith Kennedy, Regional Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Cleveland.

“It’s incredible to add Rob’s knowledge and experience to our cluster,” said Kennedy. “Rob has programmed some incredible stations over his
    career, and we know that the legendary Buzzard (WMMS) and The Lake (WHLK)
    will be in great hands.”

Anthony joins the Cleveland Metro Region from the iHeartMedia Classic Rock Format Center, where he most recently served as the Executive Producer. He
    also served as the Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia in Providence, Rhode Island, where he oversaw WHJY, WSNE, WWBB, and WHJJ.
    Prior to that, he was the Regional Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia’s clusters in Springfield, Worcester, and Cape Cod,
    Massachusetts as well as Portsmouth and Manchester, New Hampshire. Anthony makes the move to Cleveland with his wife Melissa and daughters Kaitlynn
    and Kallie.

“I want to thank the leadership team at iHeartMedia for giving me such an amazing opportunity to program these two amazing stations,” said Anthony. “I mean WMMS; it’s tough to think of a more legendary station! I can’t wait
    to get to work.”

WBOQ Drops AC As EMF Begins LMA

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 07:32 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230736/wboq-drops-ac-as-emf-begins-lma/

Todd Tangers Westport Communications has ended the AC format of North Shore 104.9 WBOQ Gloucester MA as Educational Media Foundation began operating
    the station under an LMA at 10am this morning ahead of an expected sale.

EMF has launched its Christian AC K-Love network on WBOQ to fill some
    coverage gaps in the market not reached by EMFs 107.3 WKVB Westborough.

WBOQ serves the northeast suburbs of Boston and had featured many former
    Boston personalities including former 105.7 WROR morning co-host Hank Morse
    in mornings.

Five Stations In Uvalde & Eagle Pass TX Cease Operations

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 06:09 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230888/five-stations-in-uvalde-eagle-pass-tx-cease-operations/

The five stations owned by Moises Abraham Gonzalezs South Texas Radio
    ceased operations on Wednesday, June 29.

The company operated Hot AC Power 92.7 KINL and Tejano y Mas 1270 KEPS in
    Eagle Pass and Hot AC Hits 93.9 KBNU, Tejano y Mas 102.3 KUVA, and Coyote Country 104.9 KVOU-FM in Uvalde.

In filings for each station noting their cessation of operations, the
    company claimed that all five stations lost their tower site leases and
    needed to find new sites before resuming operations. The Eagle Pass
    Business Journal stated that it was due to current economic conditions on
    the United States-Mexico border and that all employees were terminated.

Gonzalez, then operating as Roca Radio, purchased all five stations in
    March 2016 for $800,000.

WMMS/WHLK Program Director Jason Carr Moves To West Palm Beach As SVP/Programming

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 05:27 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230883/wmms-whlk-program-director-jason-carr-moves-to-west-palm-beach-as-svp-programming/

iHeartMedia has announced the promotion of Rock 100.7 WMMS and Variety Hits 106.5 The Lake WHLK Cleveland Program Director Jason Carr to
    SVP/Programming for their West Palm Beach and Treasure Coast properties.

Carr joined the company in 2018 as PD of the former “Alt 99.1” W256BT and APD of WMMS. He added programming oversight of WHLK in March 2019 and WMMS
    in 2020. He began his career at his new cluster as a producer and host for seven years at then Hot Talk Real Radio 94.3 WZZR before becoming Director
    of Network Operations for the Lex Terry Show. He would later serve as
    Station Manager for Horizon Broadcasting’s AC “Coast 101.3” WHLG Port St. Lucie FL and Operations Manager for Variety Hits “Beach 98.5” WSBH Satellite Beach/Melbourne and “97.9 ESPN Radio” WTSM Woodville/Tallahasse FL prior to his move to Cleveland.

Carr will also serve as Program Director for Hot Talk Real Radio 92.1 WZZR/101.7 WCZR and Classic Rock 98.7 The Gater WKGR. The SVP/Programming position in West Palm Beach had been vacant since the exit of Rad Messick
    in the companys November 2020 round of cuts.

iHeartMedia West Palm Beach/Treasure Coast announced today that Jason Carr has been named Senior Vice President of Programming, effective immediately. iHeartMedia West Palm Beach/Treasure Coast has a strong cross-platform
    presence and includes several iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing more than eleven stations.  

iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. As Senior Vice President of Programming, Carr will be responsible for overseeing the programming and content of all eleven radio stations. Additionally, he will serve as Program Director for 98.7 The Gater and Real Radio 92.1. He will report to Mark McCauley, Market President for
    iHeartMedia West Palm Beach/Treasure Coast. 

“We’re excited to bring Jason back home,” said McCauley. “Jason’s market
    experience in Cleveland and his experience and familiarity of the West Palm Beach and Treasure Coast markets make him a great fit to grow our heritage brands and take them to new heights.”

Carr is being elevated from his previous role at iHeartMedia Cleveland, OH where he served as Program Director of 100.7 WMMS and 106.5 The Lake. He
    has been employed by iHeartMedia for over 15 years. 

“I’m pumped to get in the trenches with this outstanding programming team,”
    said Carr. “Managing a heritage rock brand like 98.7 The Gater will be a treat. Working alongside world class talent like WOLL’s Mo Sally will be a treasure. My wild ride of a career started at Real Radio 92.1 and all these year later it is bringing me back to the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast.
    To say I’m excited is an understatement!”

Station Sales Week Of 7/1

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 04:30 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230851/station-sales-week-of-7-1/

Educational Media Foundation made a pair of acquisitions this week. Just
    south of Louisville, EMF will purchase 99.3 WKMO Lebanon Junction KY from Commonwealth Broadcasting for $410,000. The WKMO IP and Classic Country
    format will remain with Commonwealth where it has immediately relocated to
    the former AC B101.5 WVKB Vine Grove, while 99.3 has taken on new WLEZ
    calls.

EMF is also purchasing Wheeler Broadcastings Oldies Sunny-FM 98.5 KEYG-FM
    Grand Coulee WA for $150,000.

In August 2019, EMF and iHeartMedia announced a swap of thirteen
    translators with one on each side to be held for a later closing. That time
    has come as EMF has filed to swap 103.9 W280DO Lexington KY to iHeart for
    98.3 W252CM Nashville TN. Both translators are currently operated by iHeartMedia like all of the other translators in the original deal.

Crain Media will purchase Brokered 1440 KTUV/99.9 K260DT Little Rock AR
    from Birach Broadcasting for $300,000.

CSN International is acquiring the construction permits of 88.1 Mount
    Laguna CA, 90.5 Soledad CA, 90.1 Hoodsport WA, and 90.3 Moses Lake WA from Calvary Chapel Pearl Harbor for $20,000.

CSN will sell 640 WKTR Earlysville/Charlottesville VA to Piedmont Communications for $10,000. Piedmont owns four stations in Orange
    Culpepper VA and is in the process of acquiring 105.5 W288ED
    Charlottesville, which could be fed by WKTR.

After a donation of Christian/Talk “Rockingham County Radio” 1490 WLOE/92.5 W223DJ Eden and 1420 WMYN/97.5 W248DG Mayodan NC to Beulah Baptist Church
    of Bennett as a charitable donation for a tax write-off in 2020 never
    closed, Mayo Broadcasting Corporation will sell the stations to Truth Broadcasting Corporation for $100,000.

Joy Christian Ministries will acquire Christian 870 WQRX and 99.7 W259DK
    Valley Head AL from Courington Mastin LLC for $15,000.

TheDove Media will purchase Christian Preaching 1300 KAPL Phoenix/Medford OR

iHeartMedia Launches Big 107.3 Rochester With All 80s.

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 04:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230858/iheartmedia-launches-big-107-3-rochester-with-all-80s/

iHeartMedia flipped Country 107.3 The Bull WNBL South Bristol Township/Rochester NY to 1980s Hits Big 107.3 at midnight.

Positioning as Rochesters 80s Station, the new format positions WNBL
    against the pair of Variety Hits stations in the market: Stephens Medias
    Fickle 93.3 WFKL Fairport and Audacys 98.9 The Buzz WBZA Rochester. WNBL debuted its new brand and format with Irene Cara Flashdance (What A
    Feeling), J. Geils Band Freeze Frame, Bon Jovi You Give Love A Bad Name,
    and The Clash Rock The Casbah.

The Bull format became redundant for the Rochester rimshot last October
    when iHeart flipped AC Mix 100.5 WDVI to Country 100.5.

Westwood One Makes Distribution & Staff Cuts

Posted: 30 Jun 2022 04:17 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230819/westwood-one-makes-distribution-staff-cuts/

Cumulus Media has initiated a restructuring across its Westwood One
    division that has led to multiple layoffs and the cessation of distribution
    of at least two shows.

Affiliates of the daily First Light with Michael Toscano and the weekly
    Country Countdown USA with Lon Helton have been informed that Westwood One
    will cease distributing the shows at the end of July. Affiliates of First
    Light are being offered America in the Morning as a replacement.

Helton intends to move Country Countdown USA to a new distributor following
    the weekend of July 30. He told his Country Aircheck, “We’re looking forward to continuing weekly conversations with the format’s biggest stars, my co-hosts. Thanks to everyone who has been part of a great 30 years at Westwood One, but George and I could not be more excited about the future
    of this show.”

We have been told that some prep and production services will be cut as
    well, but havent confirmed which ones.

Among the known staffers exiting Westwood One with the changes are
    VP/Country Formats Nick Fox, Culver City studio Operations Manager Jack
    Silver, Classic Country afternoon host Mark Stevens, and 24/7 networks Affiliate Relations manager Dan Pearman.

Fox moved to Westwood One in 2019 after previously programming WXBM
    Pensacola FL. Prior to joining WXBM in October 2018, Fox was APD at Saga’s “Beaver 100.3” WVVR Clarksville TN and previously worked at CHR 97.5 WABB Mobile and Cumulus’ revised 97.5 WABD.

Silver joined Westwood One in 2012 originally serving as PD for NBC Sports Radio. He previously programmed Rock 95.5 KLOS, Talk 790 KABC, and Hot Talk 97.1 KLSX Los Angeles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)