• [RadioInsight] Joey Tack Returns To Knoxville To Host Mornings At WIVK

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 30 15:58:20 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Joey Tack Returns To Knoxville To Host Mornings At WIVK

Posted: 30 Jun 2022 10:27 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230785/joey-tack-returns-to-knoxville-to-host-mornings-at-wivk/

Following the exits of Tony Kris earlier this week, Cumulus Media Country 107.7 WIVK Knoxville has announced the hiring of Joey Tack to lead its new morning show.

Tack announced his impending exit from the APD and morning host role at
    Emmis Country 97.1 Hank-FM WLHK Indianapolis in April. He spent fourteen
    years in Knoxville at SummitMedia Rhythmic CHR “Hot 104.5” WKHT Knoxville rising from Music Director/nights to PD/afternoons during his tenure. Tack
    also served as Program Director at Bonneville Country 105.1 KNCI Sacramento
    and has worked in his native Iowa at Clear Channel Quad Cities as MD/night
    host at “All Hit 98.9” WHTS-FM.

Tack will debut on Monday, July 11 while a search for a co-host is still ongoing.

Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that it has appointed Joey Tack as On-Air Host, Mornings, on Country giant WIVK-FM 107.7 in Knoxville, TN. The appointment is effective July 11, 2022, and represents a homecoming for
    Tack, who spent 15 years with Knoxville Rhythmic Top 40 station WKHT-FM/Hot 104.5 in on-air and Program Director positions. A search is currently
    underway for a co-host for the new morning show.

Tack was most recently Assistant Program Director and Morning Show Host at Country station WLHK-FM/97.1 Hank FM in Indianapolis, IN. Prior to that, he
    was Program Director and Midday Host of Country-formatted KNCI-FM in Sacramento, CA, which was the 2020 CMA Large Market Station of the Year
    under Tack’s programming leadership. He was also on-air at Quad Cities, IA-IL, Country station WLLR-FM and the former WHTS-FM in Quad Cities. Tack currently serves the Country radio industry as Chairman of the CRS Agenda Committee for the 2023 Country Radio Seminar in Nashville.

Ken Salyer, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Knoxville, said: “Joey Tack will bring a fresh and innovative sound to WIVK’s morning show that carries the WIVK legend forward and into the future. We think listeners
    will love what they hear.”

Jeff Jarnigan, Operations Manager, Cumulus Knoxville, said: “Joey is a
    great fit to take WIVK mornings to a new generation of Country fans.
    Country music is the dominant music choice in the area, and WIVK has been
    the market leader for more than 60 years. Joey will turn up the volume with more of what makes WIVK ‘East Tennessee’s Radio Station’.”

Rich Bailey, Program Director, WIVK, commented: “Joey knows our market and WIVK, and he is talented, creative and has a passion to win. He also has a relentless desire to be involved in his community and to make a real
    difference in people’s quality of life, something that sets WIVK apart.
    Joey is the full package.”

Tack remarked: “I couldn’t be more excited to return home to East Tennessee to join the legendary WIVK and create great Country radio for WIVK’s passionate morning audience. Summer is getting hotter on WIVK, starting
    July 11th – I can’t wait to get started.”

Tom Barnard To Retire From Mornings At KQRS

Posted: 30 Jun 2022 07:27 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230765/tom-barnard-to-retire-from-mornings-at-kqrs/

After hosting mornings at Cumulus Media Classic Rock 92.5 KQRS Minneapolis since 1986, Tom Barnard announced this morning he will retire from the
    station on Friday, December 23.

The 71 year-old Barnard worked at multiple Twin Cities area stations and
    worked as a voiceover artist for KSTP-TV and national brands prior to
    joining KQRS in 1986. He was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame
    in 2017.

Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that KQRS Minneapolis morning show personality and Radio Hall of Famer Tom Barnard shared the news on-air this morning that he will retire from KQRS, his longtime radio home. Barnard
    ends his run at KQRS with his final morning broadcast on Friday, December
    23, 2022. Barnard has been a fixture on KQRS since 1986.

Barnard, a Minneapolis native, is one of the most popular morning show
    hosts in America, known for his wry humor and disarming candor. He was recognized for broadcasting excellence in 2006 with a Marconi Award for
    Large Market Personality of the Year. Barnard began his radio career in
    1971 and has also enjoyed a successful voiceover career. In 2017, he was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame and in 2018 entered the Pavek Museum, honoring Minnesota Broadcasters.

Brian Philips, Chief Content Officer, CUMULUS MEDIA, said: “Hometown hero
    Tom Barnard has defined morning radio stardom for the better part of many Minnesotans’ lifetimes. He is the mastermind behind tens of thousands of hours of laughter, irreverence and thought-provoking conversation. We thank
    Tom for the glory he has brought KQRS during his remarkable run.”

Shelly Malecha Wilkes, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Minneapolis, commented: “This is the end of an era. Tom dominated morning radio in the Twin Cities for decades. We are very appreciative of his innumerable contributions and wish him all the best in his next chapter.”

WMIB Promotes DJ Bulletproof To APD/Evening Host

Posted: 30 Jun 2022 07:13 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/230762/wmib-promotes-dj-bulletproof-to-apd-evening-host/

iHeartMedia Hip Hop 103.5 The Beat WMIB Miami has promoted mixer Keith DJ Bulletproof Springer to APD and evening host.

Springer takes the evening slot that has been held by WJBT Jacksonville
    based T-Roy.

iHeartMedia Miami’s 103.5 The Beat announced today that Keith “DJ Bulletproof” Springer has been named Assistant Program Director and Night Show Personality, effective July 1, 2022. DJ Bulletproof will host “Bulletproof Radio” and broadcast weekday nights from 7 p.m. to midnight, beginning July 5.

“Bulletproof Radio” will feature the latest hip-hop music and live, local, and relevant conversations about the black entertainment industry. Additionally, as the Assistant Program Director for 103.5 The Beat,
    Springer will assist in day-to-day programming operations. He will report
    to Abdul ‘DJ A-OH’ Hashem, Vice President Hip Hop and RB Programming Strategy 103.5 The Beat Miami Program Director,.

“I’m excited for my brother, DJ Bulletproof, as he takes on his new and well-deserved roles at 103.5 The Beat,” said Hashem. “Bulletproof joined me almost 10 years ago when we relaunched 103.5 The Beat and has truly worked
    his way up through the ranks. Bulletproof is 103.5 The Beat!”

“I’m humbled and grateful for the opportunity to help ‘DJ A-OH’ grow our
    Miami hip-hop brand,” said Springer. “I thank him for bringing me into the fold and being an outstanding team leader. I also want to thank the
    leadership team at iHeartMedia for believing in my talents and allowing me
    to bring my local show and energy to nights on 103.5 The Beat.”

“DJ Bulletproof’s promotion is long overdue and much deserved,” said Shari
    Gonzalez, iHeartMedia Miami Market President. “His connections and deep
    roots within the South Florida community and entertainment industry makes
    him an invaluable member of our team. We are very fortunate to have DJ Bulletproof as APD for us in addition to hosting, what I’m sure will be,
    the best hip hop night show in South Florida.”

Colton Bradford Says Farewell To 101.7 The Bull Boston

Posted: 30 Jun 2022 04:15 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/225223/colton-bradford-says-farewell-to-101-7-the-bull-boston/

Colton Bradford will sign-off from iHeartMedia Country 101.7 The Bull WBWL Lynn/Boston MA after his show on Friday, July 1..

Bradford, who had been with the station since May 2015, will be retaining
    his duties at NBC Boston where he has been pulling double-duty since July
    2017. Bradford currently co-hosts the daily The Hub Today for the
    television stations, but has recently teased taking on a larger role.
    Bradford began his career at the age of 16 at iHeartMedia Country 94.9 WKSJ Mobile AL and spent six years there rising to night host before moving to Boston.

In announcing his exit in a Facebook post, Bradford noted, I am so grateful
    to the artists for allowing me to build a career on the backs of their
    music, allowing me to tell their stories through conversation, and to be a champion of their artistry. I will always have a love affair with
    Nashville. My last show on The Bull will be this Friday. I hope you’ll tune in and hangout and be a part of it. As for what’s next? I’m taking a few days to recharge and prepare for what I know with every fiber in my being
    is the right next chapter for me. I’ll see you soon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)