• [RadioInsight] Bible Broadcasting Acquires 96.3 Indianapolis License

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 23 15:08:40 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Bible Broadcasting Acquires 96.3 Indianapolis License

Posted: 23 Jun 2022 11:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/229872/bible-broadcasting-acquires-96-3-indianapolis-license/

Radio One has sold the license assets of 96.3 WHHH Indianapolis to Bible Broadcasting Network for $3.2 million.

The deal will see Radio One retain the intellectual property of Hip Hop Hot 96.3 and the WHHH call letters, which will be moved to what is now CHR
    Radio Now 100.9 WNOW-FM Speedway ahead of closing. Radio One previously announced its intention to divest with WHHH license and Radio Now IP as
    part of its $25 million acquisition of Emmis Indianapolis properties.

Bible Broadcasting will receive the WNOW-FM call letters for 96.3 and has applied to convert the station to non-commercial status.

The Charlotte NC based Bible Broadcasting Network operates a Christian Preaching network of the same name. Its only holdings currently in Indiana
    are 89.9 WYBV Wakarusa and translators in Jasper and Washington.

Cliff Smithers Retires From K100 Toledo

Posted: 23 Jun 2022 07:18 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/229852/cliff-smithers-retires-from-k100-toledo/

Cliff Smithers has retired from mornings at Cumulus Media Country K100 99.9 WKKO Toledo OH.

Smithers made the announcement in a Facebook post on Wednesday evening
    writing, Well, I never thought the day would come to decide to get out of radio. It has been an awesome run for the last 32 years and I’ve met some awesome people along the way…waaaay to many to mention!! Friendships that will never be broken! I walked into K100 32 years ago with absolutely no
    radio experience and Gary Shores took a chance on me and hired me. He has
    been one of my closest friends, boss, encourager and radio teacher (if you will) for ALL of those 32 years…even after he retired he still critiqued me lol…love ya Gar!!

Smithers spent two stints at the Cumulus Toledo cluster first from 1990 to
    2011 before returning in 2016. He spent twelve of those years from 1999 to
    2011 hosting afternoons at WKKO. After a run as PD at Maumee Valley Broadcasting Christian AC 102.3 Proclaim-FM WPOS-FM Holland/Toledo, he
    joined Cumulus Classic Hits 93.5 WRQN as morning host alongside Lyn Casye.
    The duo moved to WKKO in December 2018 joining incumbent host Gary Shores
    and then succeeding him the following year.

He told WTOL-TV, Im not retiring, Im just stepping away from radio. I look forward to the next adventure in life with Toledo Door and Window.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=5192448777503336set=a.462909627123965

VPR & Vermont PBS Rebrand As Vermont Public

Posted: 23 Jun 2022 06:10 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/229842/vpr-vermont-pbs-rebrand-as-vermont-public/

Following the completion of their merger last year, Vermont Public Radio
    and Vermont PBS have announced they have rebranded as Vermont Public.

Today, VPR and Vermont PBS have changed their name and brand to Vermont
    Public. This reflects the unified mission of the states public media organization, which officially merged last year.

“Our new name pays homage to our past while signaling a new mission for the future,” said President and CEO, Scott Finn. “Across TV, radio, and digital platforms, we will engage a broader and more diverse audience, through
    stories that bring our community together.”

Over the past year, Vermont Public has conducted research with the public, staff, and board of directors to better understand the needs, perceptions, opportunities, and challenges for public media in Vermont. This input
    informed the organizations mission and brand development.

The logo depicts the shape of the state, signifying the organization’s
    focus on inclusion and connection, reaching every corner of Vermont. The
    color palette is a vibrant representation of modern Vermont. Solidarity of Unbridled Labour, a Burlington-based creative agency, developed the new branding.

The new name and visual identity are now live at vermontpublic.org, as well
    as on its broadcast channels, stations, and digital platforms.

“We’ve been here to engage, inform, and inspire Vermonters for more than fifty years,” according to Marguerite Dibble, the incoming board chair. “And that won’t change. Our core audience will continue to see and hear all the things they love. Their support and loyalty have shaped who we are
    today. And as the needs of our community evolve, and the media landscape shifts, we want to broaden access for all voices to participate, from every corner of our unique state.”

The newly-recruited Vermont Public Community Forum, a group of volunteers
    that advises the organization about content and programming, is the most diverse to date based on gender, neurodiversity, age, physical abilities,
    race, ethnicity, geography, personal interests, and political beliefs.

In the coming months, Vermont Public’s content and platforms will begin to evolve to meet the needs of more Vermonters and bring more voices and
    stories to light.

“If you listen or watch currently, we’re still everything you counted on,”
    said current board chair, Nicole Junas Ravlin, who will pass the torch to Dibble later this month. “If you haven’t felt like public media is for you, we’re creating new ways for you to participate and hear your voices and interests reflected and shared. Vermont Public is for all of us.”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)