• [RadioInsight] BIA Increases 2021 Local Revenue Projections

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcas@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 22 17:30:12 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.info

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    BIA Increases 2021 Local Revenue Projections

Posted: 22 Jul 2021 07:14 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/211014/bia-increases-2021-local-revenue-projections/

BIA Advisory Services has revised its 2021 forecasts for U.S. Local
    Advertising Revenues to $142.4 billion, up $4.8 billion from its November
    2020 estimates. The projection is split between traditional and digital
    media but shows that the divide is narrowing, with traditional advertising
    only eight percent ahead of digital mediums that include mobile, online, over-the-top, email, and traditional media’s online ventures.

“There’s an acceleration in the market that couldn’t be accounted for last
    fall,” said Mark Fratrik, SVP and Chief Economist, BIA Advisory Services. “The economy is growing and we’re observing money being spent to reach audiences through various media.”

Fratrik points to OTT as growing 16 percent this year, surpassing the trajectory of mobile as more consumers take advantage of various streaming services on their TV screens.

Local television advertising this year will dip to $16.2 billion in 2021
    but bounce up to $19.3 billion in 2022, with $1.5 billion and $1.7 billion, respectfully, coming from digital platforms. Local radio advertising will rebound somewhat to $11.7 billion in 2021 and $12.3 billion in 2022, with
    $.94 billion and $1.04 billion, respectfully, coming from digital platforms.

The revised forecast also sees a 5.6 percent increase in overall compound annual growth in U.S. spending in local ad markets and expects the amount
    to reach $157.1 billion in 2022 and $162.1 billion in 2023. While the
    digital media share will first leapfrog to 51 percent over traditional
    media by 2023.

For BIA clients, BIA ADVantage, the company’s local advertising
    intelligence platform, and MEDIA Access Pro, the company’s broadcasting and publishing database, are updated with the company’s revised forecast estimates.

Cliff Cage Returns To KKMG

Posted: 22 Jul 2021 05:03 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/211012/cliff-cage-returns-to-kkmg/

Cumulus Media CHR 98.9 Magic-FM KKMG Pueblo/Colorado Springs CO has
    announced the return of Cliff Cage to the station as evening host.

Cage previously worked at the station from 2010 to 2019 as Promotions Coordinator and overnight host. He later worked part-time at iHeartMedia Colorado Springs and also is the current Director of Promotions and
    on-field host for the Rocky Mountain Vibes minor league baseball team.

CUMULUS MEDIA (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that it has appointed veteran
    Colorado Springs radio personality Cliff Cage as On-Air Host, Nights, on heritage Top 40 station, 98.9 MAGIC FM/KKMG-FM. This marks a return to the station for Cage, who hosted Overnights on KKMG from 2010-2019. Cage will
    be behind the mic Monday-Friday from 7:00pm to Midnight.

Dylan Salisbury, Program Director, 98.9 MAGIC FM/KKMG-FM, said: “The name Cliff Cage goes beyond radio here in Southern Colorado. He is well known
    for many things in this town like his ties to the hip hop community, as an emcee for a local baseball team, and once again, as a radio host. I’m very excited to work with him and continue to strengthen the MAGIC brand here in Colorado Springs.”

Cliff Cage commented: “I’ve done most of my growing up in the 719, so being back home at Southern Colorado’s biggest station and now hosting the night show is literally the dream. I love this city.“

Townsquare Appoints Peter Van Den Heuvel As Cedar Rapdis/Waterloo Market President

Posted: 22 Jul 2021 04:58 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/211010/townsquare-appoints-peter-van-den-heuvel-as-cedar-rapdis-waterloo-market-president/

Townsquare Media has announced the addition of Peter Van Den Heuvel as
    Market President/Chief Revenue Officer for their Cedar Rapids/Waterloo IA operations.

Van Den Heuvel has spent his entire career in cable television ad sales in Wisconsin after eight years in the army. He most recently served as
    Director of Sales for Spectrum Reach for multiple Wisconsin markets.

Townsquare Media Inc. announced today that former Spectrum Reach Regional Executive Peter Van Den Heuvel has joined the Company as Market
    President/Chief Revenue Officer for its Cedar Rapids/Waterloo local media cluster. In this role, he will oversee the local media team while driving strategic sales and content initiatives across Eastern Iowa. He will report
    to Townsquare Senior Vice President Todd Lawley.

“Peter has extensive multi-platform management experience which makes him a perfect fit for this role. I could not be more excited to have someone with Peter’s leadership and depth of multi-platform knowledge to lead our
    two-time “Market of the Year” team in Cedar Rapids/Waterloo,” commented Mr.
    Lawley.

“I feel very fortunate to be joining the Townsquare Media team in Cedar Rapids/Waterloo with their strong, legacy brands and world class content contributors,” said Mr. Van Den Heuvel. “It is apparent that this team understands the importance of providing multi- platform solutions to our clients and as a result have built the #1 local media company in the
    market. My goal is to continue what Terry Peters and his team have built in Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, by continuing to provide our clients with market
    leading local media solutions that will help them succeed.”

Townsquare COO Local Media, Erik Hellum added, “I am really proud of the
    job that retiring Market President Terry Peters and the Cedar
    Rapids/Waterloo team have done to make Townsquare Cedar Rapids/Waterloo the
    #1 local media company in the market. Given Peter’s leadership ability,
    track record of performance, and multi-platform approach to getting results
    for clients, I am confident that he will build on this success and show us
    what is truly possible in Cedar Rapids/Waterloo.”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)