• [RadioInsight] Tim Hill Exits As WNKT Program Director/Morning Co-Host

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcas@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 11 17:16:03 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.info

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Tim Hill Exits As WNKT Program Director/Morning Co-Host

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 11:45 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/214002/tim-hill-exits-as-wnkt-program-director-morning-co-host/

Tim Hill has departed as Program Director and morning co-host at Cumulus
    Media Sports 107.5 The Game WNKT Eastover/Columbia SC.

In a video, Hill noted that he had requested and was denied a religious exemption toward Cumulus COVID vaccination mandate. Hill also told The
    State newspaper, “I felt like I had to stand up for it. I have three boys
    and tell them to stand up for what they believe in. It is my job to teach
    them that. I felt like it was a test in some way. That is what I stuck
    with. So, that is why it wasn’t a difficult decision from my perspective.”

Hill joined WNKT in 2016 as midday host and quickly moved to mornings with
    Bill Gunter. He rose to Program Director in October 2017. He spent 13 years
    as sports anchor for WOLO-TV in the market and had also hosted a show on iHeartMedia’s “1400 The Team” WCOS from 2006-2008 with now SportsCenter anchor Matt Barrie.

Gunter and producer Jenn Jensen remain in place in mornings.

An update pic.twitter.com/tUbEyvTyjE

- Tim Hill (@TimHillSC) October 11, 2021

KLVE Launches New Morning Show Hosted By Ysaac Alvarez

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 07:45 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213998/klve-launches-new-morning-show-hosted-by-ysaac-alvarez/

Univision Spanish AC 107.5 K-Love KLVE Los Angeles has launched “Levántate Con Ysaac Alvarez” in mornings today.

Alvarez has hosted afternoons at KLVE since 2012. He began his career in
    his native Peru before hosting La Regadera morning show on Entravisions
    Super Estrella network based at KLYY Los Angeles from 2000 to 2010. He then spent two years in afternoons at iHeartMedias Mega 95.5 WNUA Chicago before joining KLVE. He will be joined by actress and television host Fernanda
    Kelly. Kelly hosted Univisions LAnzate from 2011 to 2017.

Alvarez succeeds Omar Velasco and Argelia Atilano, who ended their morning
    show of eighteen years to take a mental health break spending more time
    with their daughters.

Univision Los Angeles today announced the launch of a new morning radio
    show, “Levántate Con Ysaac Alvarez” (Wake Up With Ysaac Alvarez) on K-LOVE 107.5 FM. Starting October 11th, Alvarez will offer Latino listeners in Los Angeles heartwarming human interest stories, news of the day, comedy and interactive audience participation along with the best Latin music hits. “Levántate Con Ysaac Alvarez” will air Monday through Friday on K-LOVE 107.5 FM from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m.

As host of this new show, Alvarez will welcome, entertain, and energize audiences with his one-of-a-kind personality that will invite listeners to participate in discussions one moment and laugh out loud the next. Alvarez
    will be joined by Fernanda Kelly, Emmy Award-winning host and actress, who
    will complement the show and entertain radio listeners with her vibrant personality.

“K-LOVE 107.5 FM is one of Univision’s most important radio stations, so we have to always find the best talent in the industry. We were fortunate to
    have those individuals already part of the family. I could not be prouder
    of Ysaac and the entire K-LOVE content team as they look to continue the
    legacy of Spanish-language radio dominance in Los Angeles,” said Luis Patiño, president and general manager, Univision Los Angeles. “Ysaac is beloved by our audience and, together with Fernanda, who returns home to Univision, we are thrilled to bring a unique mix of humor and heart to our morning programming slate.”

Alvarez is no stranger to listeners in Los Angeles. He joined Univision Los Angeles in 2012 and recently hosted the afternoon show on K-LOVE 107.5 Los Angeles. Alvarez’s show made K-LOVE FM the #1 program in PM Drive among
    Women 18-49 and Women 25-54 in Los Angeles, regardless of language. Kelly previously served as co-host of Univision’s network entertainment show
    geared towards bicultural and bilingual young people “LAnzate,” which aired from 2015 to 2017.

KSAN Promotes Baby Huey To Assistant Program Director

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 06:53 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213996/ksan-promotes-baby-huey-to-assistant-program-director/

Cumulus Media Classic Rock 107.7 The Bone KSAN San Mateo/San Francisco CA
    has promoted Danny Baby Huey Delmore to Assistant Program Director.

Delmore joined KSAN as an intern in 2005 quickly rising to producer of the Lamont and Tonelli morning show. He also currently hosts Saturday
    afternoons and Sunday nights on the station as well as a wrestling podcast.

CUMULUS MEDIA (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that it has promoted Baby Huey (also known as Danny Delmore) to Assistant Program Director for Bay Area Classic
    Rock station, 107.7 The Bone/KSAN-FM. A 16-year veteran of station, Baby
    Huey will continue to be heard on The Bone every Saturday from 3pm-8pm and Sundays from 7pm-10pm.

Baby Huey, who was born in Berkeley and grew up in Alameda, has been with
    107.7 The Bone since August 2005. During his senior year at the University
    of California, Berkeley, he began interning for the station and worked on
    the Lamont and Tonelli Morning Show, where he ultimately became full-time Producer. His role with the station continued to grow over his 16 years
    with the station, and he now hosts his own show on The Bone on Saturdays
    and Sundays. He also hosts a pro wrestling podcast called In The Kliq.

Chasta Michaelis, Program Director, 107.7 The Bone, said: Baby Huey has
    been a pillar of KSAN for 16 years and it is well past time to promote him
    and show him how appreciated he is for his hard work and dedication. The
    Bone would absolutely not be the same without his enthusiasm and devotion
    and Im honored to work alongside him as we push this station forward. 

Baby Huey remarked: “Since I can remember, I have always known I wanted to work in radio. I love that I can be a positive influence, entertain,
    connect with listeners, support local musicians and build relationships
    within the radio industry and community. Over the last 16 years, I have
    been fortunate enough to work at The Bone and experience so much. Words
    cannot describe how thankful I am to Chasta for this opportunity, and to
    Larry Blumhagen for believing in me. Thank you to Lamont and Tonelli for letting me work under their wing, for their guidance and for putting up
    with me for this long, lol. Thank you to all the talented and creative
    people I have worked with over the years. Last but not least, thanks to my
    Dad and brother for their love and support in helping me reach my goals. I
    am excited for this next chapter of my career and look forward to continue entertaining the Boneheads.”

Roxanne Steele Departs Mornings At New Country 93.1

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 06:35 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213992/roxanne-steele-departs-mornings-at-new-country-93-1/

Roxanne Steele has exited as co-host of Broadway in the Morning on Cumulus Media Country New Country 93.1 WDRQ Detroit.

Steele joined the WDRQ morning show alongside Bill Broadway Bert last
    November on a fill-in basis last November and was tabbed as the permanent co-host at the end of May. She had worked part-time at WDRQ and Hot AC 96.3 WDVD since exiting middays at Audacy’s crosstown Country 99.5 WYCD in 2018. Best known for her twelve years at CHR “B96” WBBM-FM Chicago, Steele has also hosted middays at “98.7 Amp Radio” WDZH Detroit, afternoons at “Fresh
    105.9” WCFS Chicago, and nights at “Power 92” KKFR Phoenix.

In a Facebook post, Steele notes that her exit was due to refusing to
    vaccinate for COVID-19 as required by the company. Cumulus announced in
    August that all employees must have had their shots by September 27 in
    order to return to the offices today.

101.3 The Wolf Debuts In Burlington/Plattsburgh

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 04:29 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213986/101-3-the-wolf-debuts-in-burlington-plattsburgh/

After a weekend of stunting with nature sounds, Vox AM/FM flipped 101.3
    WCPV Essex NY/Burlington VT to Country 101.3 The Wolf at 6am today.

Positioning as Everything Country, the flip makes WCPV the fourth Country station in the market joining Hall Communications market leading 90.9 WOKO Burlington, Full Power Radios 97.5 Eagle Country WTNN Bristol VT, and Great Eastern Radios Froggy 104.3 Keeseville NY.

WCPV will feature Premiere Networks Bobby Bones Show in mornings. Bones previously aired in the market on WTNN. The remainder of the Wolf lineup
    will feature Tara Madison in middays, JT in afternoons, and Rick Logan at night.

WCPVs former 101.3 The Game Sports format moved on October 1 to 960 WEAV Plattsburgh NY and translators 97.1 W246DT Colchester VT and 105.9 W290AT Plattsburgh. Following a week of simulcasting, WCPV had begun stunting
    ahead of this mornings launch of the new format.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)