• [RadioInsight] Akron Beacon-Journal: Angela Bellios 'no longer employed

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcas@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 8 19:05:55 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.info

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Akron Beacon-Journal: Angela Bellios 'no longer employed by WNIR'; contest
    set to find new host

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 12:43 PM PDT https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/news/2021/10/08/morning-show-personality-angela-bellios-no-longer-wnir-morning-buzz-akron-steve-french-phil-ferguson/6050126001/

Mix 105.1 Madison Adds The Jubal Show

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 11:58 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213930/mix-105-1-madison-adds-the-jubal-show/

Audacy Hot AC Mix 105.1 WMHX Waunakee/Madison WI has announced the addition
    of the Jubal Show for mornings starting Monday, October 11.

The KBKS Seattle based show will supplant 99.1 The Mix WMYX Milwaukee APD/MD/afternoon host Molly Cruz, who had been tracking mornings on WMHX.

Audacy has announced that “The Jubal Show” will be joining Mix 105.1 (WMHX-FM) in Madison, starting October 11th, 2021. The Jubal Show will air weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CT.

“We have been looking at Jubal for years and watching how he makes game-changing radio, we are very excited to welcome him to host mornings on
    Mix 105.1, said Andrea Hansen, Senior Vice President and Market Manager,
    Audacy Madison. “The Mix listener has been craving a show like Jubal and we’re ecstatic to deliver what they want each weekday.”

“We are psyched to be the new morning show on Mix 105.1,” said Jubal. “Thanks to Chase Daniels and Audacy for giving us the opportunity to
    partner with them. We can’t wait to make Madison laugh every morning.”

The new Mix 105.1 weekday lineup is as follows.

6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: “The Jubal Show”

10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Megan

3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Chris Michaels

8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.: “The Adam Bomb Show”

Washington Post: The fallout over Clear Channels (possibly apocryphal) do-not-play list lasted well past 9/11

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 10:29 AM PDT https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/clear-channel-911-list/2021/10/07/2dd3dee2-17d8-11ec-b976-f4a43b740aeb_story.html

Rocks Schism: Do the Pieces Fit This Time?

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/ross/213824/rocks-schism-do-the-pieces-fit-this-time/

For the last three years, it looked as though Alternative and Active Rock
    radio were about to find an artist they could agree on. I don’t miss the formats moving in lockstep as they did in the early ‘00s, but Active and Alternative did have the combined topspin to propel an unlikely Linkin Park
    or Trapt to pop radio, or to create major acts that didn’t need to cross over, such as System of a Down or Tool, who give this article its title. I liked tru.alt better, but by the late ‘00s, it was harder for any rock
    record to gain traction.

I thought the shared artist might be Ghost, whose ‘80s-flavored “Dance Macabre” sounded like the Swedish pop record it was, but whose image kept
    it tethered to Active. It could have been Volbeat, increasingly poppy to
    the point where its most recent single, “Wait a Minute My Girl,” was teen punk. Or Highly Suspect’s “16,” which made it to No. 12 at Alternative and
    sounded like a pop hit.

Royal Blood’s “Trouble Coming” felt like this decade’s “Paralyzer” by
    Finger Eleven, with elements of both Active and Alternative and enough pop bounciness to cross over. “Trouble’s Coming” was No. 1 Active and No. 7 Alternative, but it felt like neither format ever entirely trusted it. Even
    so, it was hard to imagine a true rock record at pop radio in the U.S.

A few weeks ago, I came across “Blackout” by Turnstile without knowing anything about the song or the band’s history as a hardcore act. “Blackout”
    wasn’t sludgy. It wasn’t a ‘70s throwback. It was almost buoyant — a word
    not often used in conjunction with Active Rock titles. Later, I found this review from the Washington Post’s Chris Richards, leading me to similarly rhapsodic coverage of previous albums.

“Blackout” is almost certainly not the record that Active and Alternative could join forces to send to Top 40, but I’m sure “Headstrong” didn’t feel
    that way either at first. Given the band’s punk roots (and frequent comparisons to 311), it does seem like a phenomenon that the formats could share. But it’s growing slowly at Active (where it’s in the low 30s) and getting only a handful of Alternative spins. It is worth noting that the
    song is playing at both Active KILO Colorado Springs and Alternative rival KRXP, which says something. 

At this moment, Top 40 has rock records, at least sonically, but they come
    from its own artists. Teen punk drives “Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo; the new Lil Nas X, “That’s What I Want”; even The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber’s
    “Stay.” The format did allow All Time Low over a few months ago, along with MGK, an act that it had first. The rock record shared by Top 40 (No. 6), Alternative (No. 1) and even Active Rock is Måneskin’s “Bxeggin’,” but that
    came to Top 40 first, powered by Eurovision, then by streaming.

Top 40 also shares a surprising number of acts with Alternative these days. Some, like Tai Verdes and Nessa Barrett, are driven at both formats by streaming. Some have heritage at both formats, but are currently scrapping
    for their foothold on the pop side (Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons,
    and, at least until it brought in a ringer, Coldplay). There are two fast-developing Alternative hits — Walk the Moon’s “Can You Handle My Love”
    and Glass Animals’ “I Don’t Wanna Talk (I Just Wanna Dance)” that certainly seem likely to hit pop at some point. In a format currently accommodating Drake, Walker Hayes, and the Jonas Brothers, CHR only needs a
    few Alt titles to get its “best of everything” image back, although there are more than a few I would like to see make the journey.

In general, acts like Måneskin or Verdes radiate out from the streaming
    world, waiting to be sorted into formats like Hogwarts students into
    houses. The notion of Active or Alternative breaking records together, or
    even individually, may seem quaint. And yet, either Active or Alternative stations do better when they can control both franchises. No format,
    including Top 40, has enough hits yet to look down on lateral support. And
    if Active and Alternative both foster an act that only those two formats
    share, it’s better for them.

Amber Atnip To Depart Taste Of Country Nights

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 09:50 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213921/amber-atnip-to-depart-taste-of-country-nights/

Townsquare Media is on the hunt for a new Executive Producer/co-host for
    the Compass Media Networks nightly syndicated Taste of Country Nights.

Amber Atnip, who has held the position since its 2014 launch, will exit the show on October 15. During her tenure with Taste of Country Nights she
    worked with Sam Alex from 2014 to 2019 and since then Evan Paul. Atnip previously worked in promotions for iHeartMedia Nashville. CountryAircheck reports she is taking a position outside of radio.

Townsquare has the job posting at this link.

95.7 The Game Announces New Lineup

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 08:07 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213919/95-7-the-game-announces-new-lineup/

Audacy Sports 95.7 The Game KGMZ San Francisco is resetting its weekday schedule starting Monday, October 11.

Morning hosts Bonta Hill and Joe Shasky will shave the final hour of their
    show and run from 6-9am. Mark Willard, who recently departed as evening
    host at Cumulus 680 KNBR/104.5 KNBR-FM, will join KGMZ to co-host 9am to
    12pm with Dan Dibley. Dibleys former 10am-2pm co-hosts Matt Steinmetz and Daryle The Guru Johnston will move to 12-3pm. Damon Bruce and Ray Ratto
    remain in afternoons but are shortened to 3-6pm, while their former co-host Matt Kolsky moves to nights from 6-10pm.

Exiting with the changes are former evening host Ryan Covay. Covay also
    served as pre and postgame host for Golden State Warriors basketball.

Im moving on from 95.7. Thanks to all who have supported me. Its been 11 amazing yrs in radio. Like anyone, my desire is to move forward
    professionally & financially but unfortunately Ive been stuck in reverse.
    Its been an honor to have a platform in the place I love. The Bay

- Ryan Covay (@RyanCovay) October 5, 2021

The new 95.7 The Game lineup debuts Monday. CANT WAIT! pic.twitter.com/LhrwKCp4F1

- 95.7 The Game (@957thegame) October 7, 2021

Easy 107.9 Debuts In Fort Myers

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 07:23 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213912/easy-107-9/

Two years after shifting Wave 101.1 WAVV Naples Park/Fort Myers from Easy Listening to Soft AC, Alpine Broadcasting Corporation has brought its
    heritage format back with the launch of Easy 107.9 W300EF Naples/WAVV-HD2.

The 250 watt translator is featuring former WAVV core artists including
    Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Barbra Streisand bringing what has been on WAVV-HD2 since the December 2019 shift of WAVV to a more modernized presentation to an analog signal.

Station Sales Week Of 10/8

Posted: 08 Oct 2021 04:30 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/213884/station-sales-week-of-10-8/

Translator Sales

After closing on their $75,000 purchase of 100.3 W262CC Tallahassee FL, Piedmont Communications is trading the translator to iHeartMedia for the Construction Permit of 105.5 W288ED Charlottesville VA. iHeart will
    rebroadcast an HD subchannel of 107.1 WGMY Thomasville GA on W262CC, while Piedmont will rebroadcast their Classic Hits 105.5 Sam-FM WOJL Louisa VA.

Aurora Media buys 103.9 W280GB Gladstone MI from David Magnum for $10,000. W280GB rebroadcasts the buyers Full Service AC 680 WDBC Escanaba MI.

Friends of Public Radio purchases 100.5 W263BE Rose Hill NC (pending CP to
    move to 100.9 W265EJ) from Conner Media Corporation for $75,000. The
    translator already rebroadcasts the buyers Public News/Talk 91.3 WHQR Wilmington NC.

Redrock Media Group purchases 101.5 K268AV Moab UT from the estate of
    Dennis Silver for $3000. K268AV rebroadcasts the buyers Classic Hits
    Redrock 92.7 KBDX Blanding.
    Station Sales

Roser Communications sells Classic Country 1570 WVTL/104.7 W284BZ Amsterdam
    NY to Michael Schauss THNK Tank Media for $150,000. THNK Tank Media also
    owns AC 1340 WENT/105.1 W286CD in nearby Gloversville.

Scott Andersons Jackson Hole Radio, LLC acquires 92.9 KEZQ West Yellowstone
    MT from Chapparall Broadcasting Company for $150,000. A 2016 sale of KEZQ
    and a now deleted translator to Snake River Radio for $200,000 never closed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)