• DAK IX Plate Current

From dmillsnb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ze...@webtv.net on Sat Dec 8 05:47:09 2018
    On Tuesday, September 1, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ze...@webtv.net wrote:
    Hi
    The meter on my Dak IX shows in the red when flipped to measure plate current.Can someone explain what plate current is and why it is burying
    the meter.As always I will appreciate all info.
    Thanx
    Zeb

Hello,I have a similar but less severe problem.I have a mint unhacked Day ix, the Plate current is about 45 ma.and i would like to put it back in factory specs which is 39/40 ma.Does anyone out there have the procedure for doing that and can you give me
    step by step instructions?Iam hoping it as simple as adjusting a vr.I have all the paper work that goes with her including the giant schematic and flow chart. There were at least 2 versions of final tube,6w6/6DG6 and a 6L6GC Modulator.I would appreciate
    any help. Regards Don

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dmillsnb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ze...@webtv.net on Sun Feb 9 10:34:12 2020
    On Tuesday, September 1, 1998 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Ze...@webtv.net wrote:
    Hi
    The meter on my Dak IX shows in the red when flipped to measure plate current.Can someone explain what plate current is and why it is burying
    Thanx
    Zeb

So there isn't anyone out there that knows the Final Bias adjustment procedure for the Dak 9? There must be someone, have a Heart and post it please. I would Really appreciate it, i don't want to run her this way,Regards,Donald

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dmillsnb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ze...@webtv.net on Thu Jul 9 05:38:04 2020
    On Tuesday, September 1, 1998 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Ze...@webtv.net wrote:
    Hi
    Thanx
    Zeb

Hello,I know your Dak9 Final bias post was a LONG time ago but I have one with the same problem and have tried everywhere and everything to find out where and what the adjustment is, no one seems to know.Did you ever figure it out?If so I would really
    appreciate it if you could post it hear or even better if you would send the info to me at the following. dmillsnb@gmail.com Best Regards.Donald.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Guglielmo Marconi@21:1/5 to dmillsnb@gmail.com on Thu Jul 9 17:38:46 2020
    In article <29b2d254-a5ff-441d-8f34-4db9d4ed1d36o@googlegroups.com>, dmillsnb@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,I know your Dak9 Final bias post was a LONG time ago but I have one >with the same problem and have tried everywhere and everything to find out >where and what the adjustment is, no one seems to know.Did you ever figure
    it out?If so I would really appreciate it if you could post it hear or even >better if you would send the info to me at the following. dmillsnb@gmail.com

Hi Don,
    I was one of the engineers at M.H. Scott Corp that helped design the finals
    in the Dak Mark 9 CB. There is nothing special about them and they really
    are terrible finals, but what we didn't know at the time was that selling
    a CB with tubes, there would be a Shit-load of retards asking how to adjust plate current.

Guglielmo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Donald Mills@21:1/5 to Guglielmo Marconi on Wed Oct 14 12:01:01 2020
    On Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 2:38:10 PM UTC-3, Guglielmo Marconi wrote:
    In article <29b2d254-a5ff-441d...@googlegroups.com>,
    dmil...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,I know your Dak9 Final bias post was a LONG time ago but I have one >with the same problem and have tried everywhere and everything to find out >where and what the adjustment is, no one seems to know.Did you ever figure >it out?If so I would really appreciate it if you could post it hear or even >better if you would send the info to me at the following. dmil...@gmail.com

Hi Don,
    I was one of the engineers at M.H. Scott Corp that helped design the finals in the Dak Mark 9 CB. There is nothing special about them and they really
    are terrible finals, but what we didn't know at the time was that selling
    a CB with tubes, there would be a Shit-load of retards asking how to adjust plate current.

Guglielmo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Garland Blake@21:1/5 to Ze...@webtv.net on Sat Oct 24 05:17:39 2020
    I've got two good linears for sale/trade

On Tuesday, September 1, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ze...@webtv.net wrote:
    Hi
    ood linears The meter on my Dak IX shows in the red when flipped to measure plate
    current.Can someone explain what plate current is and why it is burying
    Thanx
    Zeb

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Donald Mills@21:1/5 to Donald Mills on Mon Jun 6 12:57:50 2022
    On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 4:01:03 PM UTC-3, Donald Mills wrote:
    On Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 2:38:10 PM UTC-3, Guglielmo Marconi wrote:
    In article <29b2d254-a5ff-441d...@googlegroups.com>,
    dmil...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,I know your Dak9 Final bias post was a LONG time ago but I have one >with the same problem and have tried everywhere and everything to find out >where and what the adjustment is, no one seems to know.Did you ever figure >it out?If so I would really appreciate it if you could post it hear or even
    better if you would send the info to me at the following. dmil...@gmail.com

Hi Don,
    I was one of the engineers at M.H. Scott Corp that helped design the finals in the Dak Mark 9 CB. There is nothing special about them and they really are terrible finals, but what we didn't know at the time was that selling

Guglielmo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05