• Re: Horizontal Loop for 2m SSB

From Alexandre Fernandes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 13 11:13:00 2023
    Em sábado, 7 de maio de 2011 às 19:15:33 UTC-3, Tom Rutherford escreveu:
    Hi, All.
    Brand new to the newsgroup, here, and even though I did the old "Find" routine, I couldn't find what I need.
    Does anyone know where I can get instructions (preferably cookbook, but if they come with formulas, I can deal with that, too) for building a 2m SSB horizontal loop? I live in an apartment, which is pretty much a Faraday cage, but I get out pretty well from my balcony, at least to the east(ish) of the building. I have a discone out there right now, clamped to the floor stand of an old oscillating fan that it used to be attached to. :-) I have
    a similar portion of a floor lamp that I want to mount the loop onto. I
    need something that will cover at least the 180º that my discone can radiate
    in, as well as it does. Since 2m SSB is typically horizontal, the discone doesn't do too well. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    --
    -- 73 DE Tom Rutherford, N8EUJ, Burton, MI
    "She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
    Tom, do you still have NTREADER? I lost my copy, just have registration file

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 3 01:14:40 2024
    On Sep 13, 2023 at 1:13:00 PM EDT, "Alexandre Fernandes" <alxfrnds@gmail.com> wrote:

Em sábado, 7 de maio de 2011 às 19:15:33 UTC-3, Tom Rutherford escreveu:
    Hi, All.
    Brand new to the newsgroup, here, and even though I did the old "Find"
    routine, I couldn't find what I need.
    Does anyone know where I can get instructions (preferably cookbook, but if >> they come with formulas, I can deal with that, too) for building a 2m SSB
    horizontal loop? I live in an apartment, which is pretty much a Faraday
    cage, but I get out pretty well from my balcony, at least to the east(ish) >> of the building. I have a discone out there right now, clamped to the floor >> stand of an old oscillating fan that it used to be attached to. :-) I have >> a similar portion of a floor lamp that I want to mount the loop onto. I
    need something that will cover at least the 180º that my discone can radiate
    in, as well as it does. Since 2m SSB is typically horizontal, the discone
    doesn't do too well. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    --
    -- 73 DE Tom Rutherford, N8EUJ, Burton, MI
    "She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
    Tom, do you still have NTREADER? I lost my copy, just have registration file

Yes, horizontal loop antennas work good for 2 meters.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)