• Oops

From Lionel Hector@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 3 03:08:28 2023
    While moving gear about on my radio rack, I apparently jarred my TS430S and everything seems to have died. No display (but some of the lights work) and no sound. I suspect I broke either a power or ground lead somewhere so I need to know, if anyone
    does know, where to go to find my problem. I know, I shold be able to do this without help, but I haven't been insied this transceiver before and I need a little guidance.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From OldbieOne@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 13 14:27:15 2023
    On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 03:08:28 -0800 (PST), Lionel Hector <hectorlionellee@gmail.com> did make me awaken from my chaotic existentialism when they didst announce:

While moving gear about on my radio rack, I apparently jarred my TS430S and everything seems to have died. No display (but some of the lights work) and no sound. I suspect I broke either a power or ground lead somewhere so I need to know, if anyone
    does know, where to go to find my problem. I know, I shold be able to do this without help, but I haven't been insied this transceiver before and I need a little guidance.

Before you go digging for broken wires and/or board traces, my suggestion would be to pop open both covers, and try reseating all the cable connectors, by removing them one by one, spraying them with deoxit, and reseating them, before powering up the radio once you've completed.

If that doesn't work, you're going to have to start looking at the schematic and
    doing some digging.

HTH
    OldbieOne
    The one who tells it like it is [TM]
    Brought to you by RetroPC

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John S@21:1/5 to Lionel Hector on Mon Feb 13 16:23:48 2023
    On 2/3/2023 5:08 AM, Lionel Hector wrote:

How do you know you need to get inside the radio?

--
    Dogs make me happy. Humans make my head hurt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05