• [PE4BAS] #CQWW DX SSB Contest 2021 review

From PE4BAS via rec.radio.amateur.modera@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 4 16:59:09 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.amateur.moderated, rec.radio.amateur.equipment

PE4BAS Amateur Radio Weblog

///////////////////////////////////////////
    #CQWW DX SSB Contest 2021 review

Posted: 04 Nov 2021 01:35 PM PDT https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2021/11/cqww-dx-ssb-contest-2021-review.html

Event: CQWW DX SSB contest 2021
    Section: SO Low Assisted 10MLogger: N1MM+
    Station: Icom IC-7300 @100WAntenna 1: 10m LFA @14mAntenna 2: Multiband
    vertical @16mAntenna 3: 2x20m inverted-V doublet
    Wow, what a great CQWW SSB contest it was. I really concentrated my efforts
    to 10M this time. The amount of QSOs on 80m is from running in the evening since 10M was open late and closed early. But when 10M was open it was
    really open.
    Yellow: QSOs made on 10M
    Can't remember I had such long runs to the USA ever before. Thanks to some DXcluster spots of course. But also heard from several stations I had an excellent signal. Stations kept coming for at least an hour with a rate of about 75/h it was not like a 80m run (120/h) but very nice for 10m.

I worked some nice DX on other bands as well. But my main focus was 10m. In previous years I made a list per band from interesting DX worked, this year
    I will only take the 10m band.
    Most interesting DX worked: CB8E (Chile), PZ5RA (Surinam), V26B (Antigua&Barbuda), VP9I (Bermuda), HC5VF (Ecuador), OX7A (Greenland), HD8R (Galapagos Isl.), V3A (Belize), 7P8RU (Lesotho), PJ4K (Bonaire), PJ2T (Curacao), V51JP (Namibia), 7Q6M (Malawi), 5Z4VJ (Kenya), VK6N (Australia), BA7LOK (China), HS5NMF (Thailand), VU2DED (India), ZS9Z (RSA), PY0F
    (Fernando de Noronha), NP2X (US Virgin Isl.), FG5GP (Guadeloupe), D4F (Cape Verde), FR4KR (Reunion Isl.), YF9PBZ (Indonesia), FY5KE (French Guyana),
    HL2WA (South Korea), JA6MWW (Japan), 9G5FI (Ghana), VR2T (Hong Kong), UN4L (Kazachstan)
    Worked much more DXCC but personally above are the most interesting from my point of view.
    But the most memorable contact during the contest was actually made by accident. I was tuning in near 29MHz and noticed I could hear some FM
    signals from the USA. Then I heard AE7KI Gerry from Tennessee calling on 29.600MHz FM with a 57 signal. I just gave him a shout and we made a short
    QSO. This was my first FM QSO with the USA ever. You can imagine how
    signals from the US came in here.
    Hopefully the 10M propagation will be just as good during the ARRL 10M
    contest in December...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)