• [PE4BAS] OMG!

From PE4BAS via rec.radio.amateur.modera@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 1 08:08:52 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.amateur.moderated

PE4BAS Amateur Radio Weblog

///////////////////////////////////////////
    OMG!

Posted: 27 Sep 2021 11:44 AM PDT
    https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2021/09/omg.html

Due to the COVID-19 restrictions we were not able to get to our club
    evening. Exchanging QSL via bureau was on a hold. Last friday was the first time in a year we could get and send our QSL cards again. The local QSL
    manager had something to tow. Most of the QSL cards are for the PE75FREE activation from last year....!!!!
    This is what my PE75FREE QRZ page has to tell about QSL:

It seems reading is more difficult as contacting me via radio ;-)

The question is.....why??? All bureau cards for PE75FREE have been sent, do
    not send me any QSL cards as reply. I don't want them and don't need them.

///////////////////////////////////////////
    #CQWW RTTY 2021 - running into issues

Posted: 27 Sep 2021 03:30 AM PDT https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2021/09/cqww-rtty-2021-running-into-issues.html

Event: CQWW RTTY contest 2021
    Section: Low SOAB
    Logger: N1MM+
    Station: Icom IC-7300Antenna 1: Homemade vertical with ATU @16mAntenna 2:
    10m LFA @14mAntenna 4: 2x20m inverted-V doublet apex @12m

The RTTY contest, you really have to love it or hate it. The mode is
    ancient, the technology in use these days to work RTTY mode in a contest is quite sophisticated. If you don't contest often, like me, you probabely run into some issues once and a while. And I did this time. This is what
    happened already at the first QSO:

What? Can't log the contact, am I missing something.... So I wrote avid neighbour contester PA4O Peter for help but at first he couldn't think of a thing that helped. I tried to start the computer again, the software again, made a new log, made a new database....really I tried an older N1MM+
    version. Nothing helped. It was late saturday evening and I decided to stop after a few QSO because it wasn't fun, I couldn't log any american
    stations. I also decided to call for help in the N1MM+ io groups. And got a
    lot of suggestions from people. Till John K3CT wrote something about an UDC file, that triggered something and Peter PA4O wrote me if I still used the country and UDC file from the last PACC. And yes I did....

If you ever run into the same issue. Try to install the latest country
    file. It solved my problem...
    My own stupid fault? No, I don't think that way...N1MM+ is packed with too
    many options. I'm shure we need everything but it doesn't make things easy...the support, however, is fantastic!
    Because of antenna work Saturday I actually made most QSOs on Sunday.
    Testing a new concept antenna was my priority. The only QSO on 10m was made with ZX2B by the way..Most time was spend on 15m which was in excellent
    shape.

Notice: flag colour: yellow=10m, light blue=15m, dark blue=20m, green=40m, red=80mClick on this map to view a more detailed one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)