• Re: fs: Kenwood kpt50 repeater radio programmer

From Allen Stevenson@21:1/5 to n6tb...@gmail.com on Sun Nov 21 19:24:53 2021
    On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 1:12:44 PM UTC-4, n6tb...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, August 7, 2003 at 10:16:28 AM UTC-7, Skipp has Kenwood stuff wrote:
    Re: Kenwood kpt-50 repeater and radio programming unit

Hello there,

I've got one Kenwood kpt50 repeater / radio programmer unit for sale. The kpt50 works as a stand alone unit (has a keypad and a display) or with your pc and associated software via a standard rs-232 serial comm port.

This unit programs the Kenwood TK and TKR-720 / TKR-820 series repeater, base and mobile radios. It will also do (some of the) other similar Kenwood models.

This unit is probably my last one for sale. I sold them on Ebay earlier this year for various amounts up to $239 each. This is an original
    kenwood unit and yes I'm an Authorized Kenwood Two-Way Radio Dealer - Service Center and would be happy to supply any two-way radio - parts needs you might have. Drop me a note if you have any Kenwood Two-Way question.

This is a previously used unit, started life as my personal kpt50, lent it to "a friend" who had it over a year to program one "quick repeater job". Got it back just a short time ago. I will put a full new equipment warranty on it and provide copies of all the proper programming information. I had to use my last inventory unit in place of this unit while it went on vacation with my friend. Now it's back and I have one unit extra.

I used to program the tkr-820 (and 720) repeaters by hand using this type unit, but forget that... this unit has the normal rs-232 pc port access which allows you to do everything on your related laptop and save the data in regular archive files. Much nicer... I'll include a regular copy of
    the pc software with the unit, not bad.

Now the price, set below actual Dealer cost at $165 plus actual shipping, figure maybe $5 for USPS Priority Mail.

OK, that's about it. Drop me an Email if your are interested. If no one responds within a week or two, I'll toss it up on Ebay. Don't be confused by the "clone units" often listed on Ebay. Some of the associated programming units don't work on all the models. I know because I bought one myself before I became a Kenwood Dealer some years ago.

This is an original Kenwood made KPT-50 programmer.

That's about it, remove the NOSPAMPLEASE from my email address if you want to drop me a related message. My ebay ID is over 700 actual... all positive feedback so I hopefully must be doing something right.

Thank you for reading this post.

cheers
    skipp

sk...@pilot.ucdavis.edu

Remove the NOSPAMPLEASE else I'll never receive your message.
    I have found myself in the position I need to change the frequencies of one of these TKR 820 repeaters and am having trouble finding the correct cable to program direct laptop RS232 or USB to the TKR 820 and which port to program to. Documentation show
    a programing with the TKP-20/50 to a port inside and the mic port on the face of the repeater. Where can I find the correct cables to program without the KPT-20/50. I have the software and it's operational.

Theodore Cochran

Butte County ARES

530-282-2298
    n6tb...@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Allen Stevenson@21:1/5 to Skipp has Kenwood stuff on Sun Nov 21 19:23:34 2021
    On Thursday, August 7, 2003 at 1:16:28 PM UTC-4, Skipp has Kenwood stuff wrote:
    Re: Kenwood kpt-50 repeater and radio programming unit
    Hello there,
    I've got one Kenwood kpt50 repeater / radio programmer unit for sale. The kpt50 works as a stand alone unit (has a keypad and a display) or with
    your pc and associated software via a standard rs-232 serial comm port.
    This unit programs the Kenwood TK and TKR-720 / TKR-820 series repeater,
    base and mobile radios. It will also do (some of the) other similar
    Kenwood models.
    This unit is probably my last one for sale. I sold them on Ebay earlier
    this year for various amounts up to $239 each. This is an original
    kenwood unit and yes I'm an Authorized Kenwood Two-Way Radio Dealer -
    Service Center and would be happy to supply any two-way radio - parts
    needs you might have. Drop me a note if you have any Kenwood Two-Way question.
    This is a previously used unit, started life as my personal kpt50, lent it
    to "a friend" who had it over a year to program one "quick repeater job".
    Got it back just a short time ago. I will put a full new equipment
    warranty on it and provide copies of all the proper programming
    information. I had to use my last inventory unit in place of this unit
    while it went on vacation with my friend. Now it's back and I have one
    unit extra.
    I used to program the tkr-820 (and 720) repeaters by hand using this type unit, but forget that... this unit has the normal rs-232 pc port access
    which allows you to do everything on your related laptop and save the data
    in regular archive files. Much nicer... I'll include a regular copy of
    the pc software with the unit, not bad.
    Now the price, set below actual Dealer cost at $165 plus actual shipping, figure maybe $5 for USPS Priority Mail.
    OK, that's about it. Drop me an Email if your are interested. If no one responds within a week or two, I'll toss it up on Ebay. Don't be confused
    by the "clone units" often listed on Ebay. Some of the associated
    programming units don't work on all the models. I know because I bought
    one myself before I became a Kenwood Dealer some years ago.
    This is an original Kenwood made KPT-50 programmer.
    That's about it, remove the NOSPAMPLEASE from my email address if you want
    to drop me a related message. My ebay ID is over 700 actual... all
    positive feedback so I hopefully must be doing something right.
    Thank you for reading this post.
    cheers
    skipp
    skippNOSPAMPLEASE@pilot.ucdavis.edu
    Remove the NOSPAMPLEASE else I'll never receive your message.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)