• [VK2TPM] ATS-20 Si4732 receiver firmware update

From VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.modera@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 20 19:27:33 2021
    XPost: rec.radio.amateur.moderated, aus.radio.amateur.misc

marxy's musing on technology

///////////////////////////////////////////
    ATS-20 Si4732 receiver firmware update

Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:47 PM PDT http://blog.marxy.org/2021/06/ats-20-si4732-receiver-firmware-update.html

I recently purchased a nifty shortwave and FM receiver from AliExpress
    built around an Arduino Nano and Si4732.I pulled mine apart to try to see
    if there was a label that would provide a clue about which version to write
    it it - there isn't. A tip: you can just undo the top screws front and back
    to get the lid off. Watch the speaker connected by short wiresOn power on,
    it displayed V1.1.5 of the

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jerry Normandin@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 22 05:39:15 2022
    I just picked up the ATS-20 and updated the firmware. I'm currently using a split 100' long wire balun antenna using a flat SMA cable to get the wire outside. Last night I picked up a broadcast a from Ireland at 5.070Mhz with a clear signal. The
    included portable antenna is trash, but with a proper balun antenna reception is great. At 10Mhz I experienced some AM BCB Blanketing. I'm going to add and AM BCB filter. There's a 5kw AM radio station 2 miles away (as the crow flies) from my house.
    I am located in South Eastern New England, USA

Now that I updated the firmware I'm going to check to see if I can add serial remote control to the ATS-20. I have not disassembled my ATS 20 as of yet. Is the on board Arduino Nano on a socket or is it soldered in place ? I would like to swap it out
    for an Arduino 33 BLE to enable bluetooth connectivity. If it's not I can still write code to add control from the USB port.

On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 7:27:35 PM UTC-4, VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:
    marxy's musing on technology

///////////////////////////////////////////
    ATS-20 Si4732 receiver firmware update

Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:47 PM PDT http://blog.marxy.org/2021/06/ats-20-si4732-receiver-firmware-update.html

I recently purchased a nifty shortwave and FM receiver from AliExpress
    built around an Arduino Nano and Si4732.I pulled mine apart to try to see
    if there was a label that would provide a clue about which version to write it it - there isn't. A tip: you can just undo the top screws front and back to get the lid off. Watch the speaker connected by short wiresOn power on, it displayed V1.1.5 of the

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)