• Re: Fix for CCRadio displaying broken numbers

From D Gillies@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 6 15:49:07 2022
    Once upon a time I made the mistake of buying a horribly overpriced C Crane radio, and suffered the failed LCD, supposedly it's caused by water vapor damage to the display.

My solution was to purchase a Sangean PR-D7. The price was about 1/3rd of the cost of the C Crane radio and mine has been working perfectly for 11+ years; I listen about 1-2h per day and on weekends. Best of all it recharges all 6 AA batteries and is
    not a pig using D-cells; the reception is really excellent in this radio.

https://www.amazon.com/Sangean-PR-D7-BK-Rechargeable-Portable/dp/B0036VO5OC/ref=asc_df_B0036VO5OC/
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012YFY54/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1

- Don

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From D Gillies@21:1/5 to it1...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 6 15:54:56 2022
    On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 9:41:58 AM UTC-8, it1...@gmail.com wrote:
    I found out if you take the back cover off and the circuit board off you will see the lcd ribbon.get a pencil with eraser and a hair dryer as you direct the heat onto the ribbon take the eraser and press down on the ribbon board.It was very easy to
    take the back off and circuit board off. Total time involved was less then 15 min. After doing this and plugging radio in the lcd was as new with no glitches or missing digits in the lcd display.again it was a quick and easy fix and it worked.also agree
    that c crane knew of this issue with lcd display and should of had Sangean fix this problem as this radio is very expensive.

This is also a good point; because the display failure is caused by water vapor, do not locate your radio somewhere high in the kitchen (our C Crane failed atop the refrigerator where it lived). And if you have a failed display, you may be able to
    remove just the display and put it into a bed of rice or with silca gel packs for a few days to suck the water vapor out of the display. Good luck!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?IiBcIktldmVuIEFsYmVydCBTd@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 7 06:49:37 2022
    Don’t post spy mania horseshit® it will only encourage Those whingeing
    Pom elitist shitheads®over at ENIGMA 2000 via their unsigned cheap-ass editorial "copyright" prick cocksucker OBE wannabe fuckhead leader to whack
    off uncontrollably over the cost of the C Crane radio!!!!!!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tech Support@21:1/5 to D Gillies on Thu Apr 7 16:03:11 2022
    D Gillies <dwgillies@gmail.com> wrote in news:4084b2b5-30a2-420f-a5ca-cab4fcc85924n@googlegroups.com:

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 9:41:58 AM UTC-8, it1...@gmail.com
    wrote:
    I found out if you take the back cover off and the circuit board off
    you
    will see the lcd ribbon.get a pencil with eraser and a hair dryer as you direct the heat onto the ribbon take the eraser and press down on the
    ribbon board.It was very easy to take the back off and circuit board
    off. Total time involved was less then 15 min. After doing this and
    plugging radio in the lcd was as new with no glitches or missing digits
    in the lcd display.again it was a quick and easy fix and it worked.also
    agree that c crane knew of this issue with lcd display and should of had Sangean fix this problem as this radio is very expensive.

This is also a good point; because the display failure is caused by
    water vapor, do not locate your radio somewhere high in the kitchen (our
    C Crane failed atop the refrigerator where it lived). And if you have a failed display, you may be able to remove just the display and put it
    into a bed of rice or with silca gel packs for a few days to suck the
    water vapor out of the display. Good luck!

Hi Don,

We're glad our tech support team was able to assist you with the moisture issue on your LCD. It was easy to pin-point the problem when you told us you like jerking off on your radio.

We know our customers really love their C Crane's but you really should stop jerking off on it. Use a tissue.

Customer Service
    C Crane Radio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kevin k Engles@21:1/5 to Tech Support on Sat Apr 9 18:20:49 2022
    customer.service@c.crane (Tech Support) wrote in
    news:cab4fcc85924n@c.crane:

Hi Don,

We're glad our tech support team was able to assist you with the
    moisture issue on your LCD. It was easy to pin-point the problem when
    you told us you like jerking off on your radio.

We know our customers really love their C Crane's but you really should
    stop jerking off on it. Use a tissue.

I jack off on Fred's C Crane when I listen to numbers stations. Fred
    has the best jacking off frequencies programed in from a list he got
    at Enigma 2000. Sometimes we jack off together if the signal is strong.
    Fred's getting really good at counting my cum squirts in Spanish.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05