• Florida pyro group

From roberteharrison61@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 21 14:01:54 2017
    Hello,
    18 to 20 year hobby sometimes professional pyro who moved from CA to florida a few years ago. I have been from sparklers to 23lbs 12in round shells with 3 comet tails. Back to small backyard shells and toys but would sure like to get in touch with a few
    people maby a group or so to talk with. I have written a few pieces that AFN has published, starting with making 3in ball shell molds and ball mill media molds , That might show my age a bit. I'm not into talking kids out of metal m80 tubes or talking to
    them about wicks. I'm not trying to be snooty just not into kids makeing boomers before they read a bit.
    Bob H.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From HiNRG61@21:1/5 to roberteh...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 22 06:22:02 2017
    On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 5:01:56 PM UTC-4, roberteh...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello,
    18 to 20 year hobby sometimes professional pyro who moved from CA to florida a few years ago. I have been from sparklers to 23lbs 12in round shells with 3 comet tails. Back to small backyard shells and toys but would sure like to get in touch with a
    few people maby a group or so to talk with. I have written a few pieces that AFN has published, starting with making 3in ball shell molds and ball mill media molds , That might show my age a bit. I'm not into talking kids out of metal m80 tubes or
    talking to them about wicks. I'm not trying to be snooty just not into kids makeing boomers before they read a bit.
    Bob H.

Hi Bob,
    What area of Florida are you in? I'm in Highlands County (currently recovering from Irma) and like you, I describe myself as a former "sometimes hobby, sometimes professional" pyro. I wrote one article published in AFN some years back, and worked at a
    factory in Michigan building 3" to 8" shells. I also worked at a class C retailer for many years in Ohio, where I designed and manufactured a titanium comet and I shot shows in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan for a few different companies. Also attended
    a few PGI conventions back in the day...
    I'm no longer actively doing any pyro, but really miss it and would enjoy connecting with others who have "smelt the smoke".
    Kurt L.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From roberteharrison61@gmail.com@21:1/5 to roberteh...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 22 09:33:15 2017
    On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 5:01:56 PM UTC-4, roberteh...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello,
    18 to 20 year hobby sometimes professional pyro who moved from CA to florida a few years ago. I have been from sparklers to 23lbs 12in round shells with 3 comet tails. Back to small backyard shells and toys but would sure like to get in touch with a
    few people maby a group or so to talk with. I have written a few pieces that AFN has published, starting with making 3in ball shell molds and ball mill media molds , That might show my age a bit. I'm not into talking kids out of metal m80 tubes or
    talking to them about wicks. I'm not trying to be snooty just not into kids makeing boomers before they read a bit.
    Bob H.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From roberteharrison61@gmail.com@21:1/5 to roberteh...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 22 09:34:08 2017
    Hello,
    Bob H.

Ocalla

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pwilson357@netzero.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 18 06:39:36 2017
    Let me know which club you choose too. I'm an old pyro near DeLeon Springs. Lloyd S is near the Palm Coast. Lots of Fla. pyros around

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From roberteharrison61@gmail.com@21:1/5 to pwils...@netzero.com on Wed Oct 18 09:46:11 2017
    On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 9:39:37 AM UTC-4, pwils...@netzero.com wrote:
    Let me know which club you choose too. I'm an old pyro near DeLeon Springs. Lloyd S is near the Palm Coast. Lots of Fla. pyros around

Guess in FL were all getting old, Sir you and Kirt from above have been the replys I have got on this posting. I dont want to chase all over the web to find sights. I have talked with AFN and got a sight but probbly got a letter or so incorect.
    So I have a note out to him again. I have heard the Florida group is invitation only, I moved from Ca to KY to here a few years ago, I shot for Pyrospectacular in ca and beings I dont know anyone here its a hope. Maby a few of us older pyros around. I
    know I did my time answering M 80 questions.
    Bob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05