• Fireworks in Italy

From Thomas Prufer@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 15 16:31:00 2018
    Saw two firework displays in Italy. One from a distance of a few miles, one from
    the lakeshore nearest the boats/platform where it was shot from. Two towns had festivals on the same evening, and staggered their displays.

What did I find remarkable?

Both had shells that burst as structured patterns: a few shells were smileys, yellow circles, blue eyes, red mouth. They had some very nice strawberry shells:
    red not-quite-spheres, with a strawberry shape, and green gerb-like things for the green stuff on top of the strawberry.

Art one time, I thought one mortar misfired: a buncha glowing things popped from
    a mortar, but didn't take off, rather they fell into the water, near the boat. Looked like something went wrong, but after a few seconds, the "things" floating
    around the boat glowed in bright flame, strontium-red like a emergency flare, for a few seconds. At that point I still wasn't sure if this was on purpose, but
    later a mortar fired something into the water, maybe a hundred feet away. And from there, a series of shells erupted, straight up directly from the water as far as I could tell in the dark. So they had some effects tailored to being used
    on water...

Both displays ended with three evenly spaced aerial salutes.

Thomas Prufer

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)