• How can I tell virgin kraft paper?

From Robert Goodman@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 24 19:12:54 2018
    A few yrs. ago I spent about $50, almost half of it shipping, on a big roll of 30# virgin kraft paper. It did seem to improve my 5/8" minishells, in that I got the same strength w less thickness, or more strength w the same thickness, of wall. I used
    it for everything, just needed more layers on bigger shells, it acted nicely for pasting in, even though they say thicker sheets is better than extra layers of thin ones. But I wound up using maybe 15% of it before I had to move, and it seemed to have
    gotten lost in the move. I thought it was in my garage, but if so it's hiding very well.

A friend who'd been storing stuff for me found what she thought was it, but it's clearly not. This is a roll (on a narrower core) of much heavier paper. On transillumination I think I see a grain, but I've forgotten what one looks like. From its
    behavior when wet, I couldn't remember. Maybe if it soaked it in paste and tried squishing it the way it's done with strips for pasting, I could tell, but I don't want to waste my time if there's an easier way. (Postal wrap, 100% recycled, pretty much
    just softens when handled that way. Paper bag paper, partly recycled, was stronger, but not quite up to the virgin kraft.) I've just rolled a few candle cases w glue on it, but that's not a critical application.

Robert

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)