• Who makes Freestyle noew Arista bw film?

From sadiea1175@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Lew on Wed May 18 21:10:08 2016
    On Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 6:06:10 PM UTC-5, Lew wrote:
    Freestyle is now selling a bw film it claims to have been made in the USA for them. Does anyone know who actually makes it? I don't know to many mfgrs are making bw in the US today.

I shoot and process a lot of the Arista EDU 400 in various formats. I have come to the conclusions it is Kodak Tri-X 400 but on a thinner sub straight. No matter how I expose it or process it the characteristics are the same as Tri-X. I've used several
    different developers and likewise they all perform the same with it as they do the Tri-X. If it is not Tri-x it might as well be.

I also shoot the Arista EDU 100 sheet film. I have processed it with various developers as well and it is close to Kodak 100 but not as identical as the 400 to the Tri-X.

Tony Aldridge
    Nashville, TN

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sadiea1175@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Lew on Wed May 18 21:05:05 2016
    Freestyle is now selling a bw film it claims to have been made in the USA for them. Does anyone know who actually makes it? I don't know to many mfgrs are making bw in the US today.

I shoot and process a lot of the Arista EDU 400 in various formats. I have come to the conclusions it is Kodak Tri-X 400 but on a thinner sub straight. No matter how I expose it or process it the characteristics are the same as Tri-X. I've used several
    different developers and likewise they all perform the same with it as they do the Tri-X. If it is not Tri-x it might as well be.

I also shoot the Arista EDU 100 sheet film. I have processed it with various developers as well and it is close to Kodak 100 but not as identical as the 400 to the Tri-X.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sadiea1175@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Lew on Wed May 18 21:08:00 2016

Tony Aldridge
    Nashville, TN

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05