• Nikon Photomic FTn Finder, Lightmeter

From garniedr@hotmail.ca@21:1/5 to Drwyn on Sat Jun 6 13:41:44 2020
    On Monday, August 31, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Drwyn wrote:
    Ben,
    Repairing the Nikon Ftn is not that difficult. There are two different problems with these prism meters. One is that the ring resistor gets dirty and
    causes the needle to be irratic. The second cause is that the Cds cells change
    their resistive properties after long periods of time. I have repaired several
    Nikon Ftns by cleaning the ring resistor and replacing the Cds cells. The meter then must be recalibrated for the new Cds cells which involves measuring
    the resistance of the Cds cells for each stop and matching this with the ring resistor.
    The same goes with the other Nikon meter prisms including the T, Tn Ftn, DP-1 and DP-2.

If you want your meter repaired, I would be happy to do it.

Best regards,
    Robert Decker

I would be happy to send you one. Interested?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nospam@21:1/5 to garniedr@hotmail.ca on Sat Jun 6 16:55:55 2020
    In article <e91ad6d1-21df-4575-86a8-89e2e9a43067o@googlegroups.com>, <garniedr@hotmail.ca> wrote:

Ben,
    Repairing the Nikon Ftn is not that difficult. There are two different problems with these prism meters. One is that the ring resistor gets dirty and
    Nikon Ftns by cleaning the ring resistor and replacing the Cds cells. The meter then must be recalibrated for the new Cds cells which involves measuring
    the resistance of the Cds cells for each stop and matching this with the ring
    resistor.
    The same goes with the other Nikon meter prisms including the T, Tn Ftn, DP-1
    and DP-2.

Best regards,
    Robert Decker

yet another ignorant google groups user.

that was posted *twenty* *two* years ago.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Fred McKenzie@21:1/5 to garniedr@hotmail.ca on Sat Jun 6 22:38:37 2020
    In article <e91ad6d1-21df-4575-86a8-89e2e9a43067o@googlegroups.com>,
    garniedr@hotmail.ca wrote:

Ben,
    the resistance of the Cds cells for each stop and matching this with the ring
    resistor.
    The same goes with the other Nikon meter prisms including the T, Tn Ftn, DP-1
    and DP-2.

Best regards,
    Robert Decker

Check out <https://www.robertbdecker.com/>, and see if he is the same photographer.

Fred

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05