• Puppy Stangles, AKA Juvenile Cellulitis

From pbc4transport@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Steve Voorhees on Sat May 6 21:25:49 2017
    On Monday, August 28, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Steve Voorhees wrote:
    I have a wonderful 13 week old Golden Retriever named 'Rosie'. On Thursday she had various vaccines at the vets, including Rabies, Distemper Measles, Distemper-Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza,, and Canine Parovirus.

She was fine that day and the next, however on Saturday morning she would just lay around, not eating or drinking and looking generally very sick. She is normally a very friendly, playful pup. I took her to my vet, and they didn't know what was wrong but gave her some Azium, Amoxi, and a topical solution for her red ears.

On Sunday she looked much worse. I took her to an emergency vet, and they diagnosed Puppy Strangles, also know as: Juvenile Cellulitis. She is know taking Predisone, Amoxi, and still the topical solution for the ears. She looks just awful, and doesn't even walk. She will eat occasionally if hand fed, and does drink once in awhile now. My regular vet called me and pretty muched scoffed at the idea of something called "Puppy Strangles". Anyone out there have any experience or words of wisdom for us? I just noticed that a spot on her nose is bleeding. Sort of like a blister or postule.

Thanks,

Steve V.

Dear Steve,
    I think these posts are from 2000, but I'm doing some research on puppy strangles and i came across your post. My dog also got puppy strangles immediately after the first vaccines and same story like yours. He's been on steroids for more than 6 weeks
    and it seems like as soon as i try to take him off, he becomes swollen again around his eyes and lacks energy. Please tell me, if you remember, how was your dog after treatment? did he ever fully recover? Thanks, Silvia

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)