• Adverse reactions to Program?

From tanager83@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Kim Wilkinson on Tue Aug 16 23:28:15 2016
    On Tuesday, November 14, 1995 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Kim Wilkinson wrote:
    melissab@Eng.Sun.COM wrote:

:Program is a pill you can give to your dogs and cats for flea "prevention". :I don't know exactly how it works, but supposedly once a flea bites your :Program-treated pet the flea is rendered sterile so your environment is :gradually rid of fleas.

Actually, it inhibits the production (in the dogs) of a chemical/hormone that the fleas need to reproduce. The problem is, the flea is NOT rendered sterile;
    it just doesn't get the "reproduction chemical" it needs IF it feed off TREATED DOGS ONLY. It's not a medication, or a poison, so it's safe for
    most dogs (even Greyhounds, and finding stuff that's OK for them is a PAIN because they don't process toxins as quickly, so stuff that won't affect
    most dogs can kill them in a matter of days)

: but I do know someone who tried it on both her dogs for 5
    :months and it didn't work.

Yep, same here. The problem is confining the darn fleas to one area. Our dogs get walked every day, and there's a lot of stray/loose dogs and cats that
    spread fleas around in our area, and the fleas on our dogs can just feed on another dog or cat that hasn't been treated. OR they could just bite us (that happened a LOT, too). I have heard that there is a product called Torus that is manufactured by the same company that makes Program, and I believe that it *DOES*, in fact, render the fleas sterile, so that the
    flea control is *NOT* dependent on the flea feeding on just your dog.
    I don't know what kind of adverse effects it may have; I believe it is
    an environment treatment instead of a "dog" treatment.

I've heard many, many nice things about Torus. I can't say for sure
    if it works for us, because we just found out about it recently (not in
    time for this past summer )-: ), but I have read many postings in the various r.p.d* groups that were positive postings about Torus.

they do have a toll-free number; I believe it's
    1-800-449-FLEA

Good luck!

Kim

Is program still available for purchase? It seems to be out of production.

Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)