• Poop Like chalk

From boshadyz1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Bettina Jordan on Sat Oct 3 17:02:35 2015
    On Tuesday, April 17, 2001 at 6:21:35 PM UTC-7, Bettina Jordan wrote:
    Well that just what it looks like. For about three days now whenever my lab goes it comes out so dry it just crumbles when it hits the ground. The only thing that has been different is she got her parvo shot Saturday. Two vials of blood taken and her thyroid pill is from a different company. Does
    anyone have any ideas? It looks yellow and is very dry like chalk. I called the vet and he said he didn't think it was anything. My regular vet is not in until Thursday. Any ideas?

Bettina & Cheyenne

I just noticed that our lab has been dropping chalky poop also. After reading these boards it all makes sense. We butchered cattle 3 days ago and she's been helping herself to some of the left overs. I'll have to start holding back on some of the
    bones. I enjoy these boards where so much information is shared, Thank you,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kashmerej10@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 7 10:21:35 2016
    Thank you all who committed especially the veterinarians I want to become one when i get older#I'm 10 and is so inspired)Also my dog/Rottweiler had the chalk poop problem and he's only 2years old and you helped me solve the problem:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kashmerej10@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 7 10:22:02 2016
    Thank you all who committed especially the veterinarians I want to become one when i get older#I'm 10 and is so inspired)Also my dog/Rottweiler had the chalk poop problem and he's only 2years old and you helped me solve the problem:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From thaniford@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 25 23:46:24 2016
    Never feed rawhide so bad for your doggie and they cut gums and inside of mouth , bones all the way !!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From aliosh@aol.com@21:1/5 to Bettina Jordan on Wed Sep 28 22:33:16 2016
    On Tuesday, April 17, 2001 at 9:21:35 PM UTC-4, Bettina Jordan wrote:
    Well that just what it looks like. For about three days now whenever my lab goes it comes out so dry it just crumbles when it hits the ground. The only thing that has been different is she got her parvo shot Saturday. Two vials of blood taken and her thyroid pill is from a different company. Does
    anyone have any ideas? It looks yellow and is very dry like chalk. I called the vet and he said he didn't think it was anything. My regular vet is not in until Thursday. Any ideas?

Bettina & Cheye
    I just wanted to give some updated info here. NEVER feed cooked bones. Raw bones are OK. Hard chalky poo is definitely a sign of too much bone. Poo should be brown, formed and moist and hold it's shape when it hits the ground.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From craftygirl5050@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 22 20:09:28 2018
    After reading what causes the yellow dry poop my dog has only had one big bone from pet store it was vac packed but did look dry but felt oily and that was three days ago. Everything else has been the same. I feel bad there isn't a bone or toy that last
    over night. I guess I'll check it tomorrow if no change take him to the vet. Thank you Jewels

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cshenk@21:1/5 to craftygirl5050@gmail.com on Thu Oct 25 19:12:40 2018
    craftygirl5050@gmail.com wrote:

After reading what causes the yellow dry poop my dog has only had one
    big bone from pet store it was vac packed but did look dry but felt
    oily and that was three days ago. Everything else has been the same.
    I feel bad there isn't a bone or toy that last over night. I guess
    I'll check it tomorrow if no change take him to the vet. Thank you
    Jewels

Hi Jewels, I have no previous questions from you to go on but you may
    want to try nylabone types of bones and see if that works. Some dogs
    with very strong jaws, will 'eat' the bone too fast and have that
    effect.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rshields1904@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 20 08:47:21 2019
    Thank you! My little dog enjoyed a beef rib bone yesterday and pale yellow poop was the result. This also jives with friends and Google. 😊

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05