• "The Daily Drool" - for basset lovers

From norm0725@gmail.com@21:1/5 to BassetNews on Wed Jan 13 11:51:25 2016
    On Sunday, November 19, 1995 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, BassetNews wrote:
    The mail list "The Daily Drool" is the thing for you! Anything 'bassety' goes. Join the ever growing membership and find out about our Howliday
    Photo Card Exchange. The Drool is emailed out daily in digest form.

To subscribe, email an intro about you and your hound(s) to bassetnews@aol.com

Hello-

We have 2 Bassets, MonAmour we got as an 8 week puppy, and Honey, who was a rescue of about 3-4 years. Both spoiled rotten. Fresh cooked meals every day, full run of house and fenced yard. Both tricolor. Mona is now 8, Honey about 9-10. Thank you

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jason.d.johnson1980@gmail.com@21:1/5 to BassetNews on Tue Mar 8 03:10:45 2016
    We also previously belonged to the daily drool and would like to re-join the posts ... Chloe (AKA Clos Du Bois) is our 8 year old Basset diva. Is the info below still valid, to rejoin the group? I see it's dated 1995 ...

The mail list "The Daily Drool" is the thing for you! Anything 'bassety' goes. Join the ever growing membership and find out about our Howliday

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From adinolf@gmail.com@21:1/5 to BassetNews on Mon Apr 4 15:49:41 2016
    On Sunday, November 19, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, BassetNews wrote:

I have had 5 Bassets- one at a time.

Latest is Fred who will be one year old on April 10.

Yes, I love him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From snarozny14@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 30 08:46:39 2017
    Hi. My nam is Sue and I am a long time basset owner. I was a Drool member years ago. My first boy, Sam I Am, was a large (75 lbs!) red and white. Not over weight... just big! He developed cancer at age 10 and after several tries- surgery, follow up
    treatment- we had to let him go. 😢 Six months later I reached out to a local BH rescue and came home with my little 6 mo old Bonnie. She is now 11 years old and quite the queen. She tells us when to go to bed, when to get up, etc etc. You can begin to
    see who runs the place, right? 😉 I look forward to seeing the posts from fellow Droolers and learning lots along no the way. Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From flasun4me@gmail.com@21:1/5 to BassetNews on Sun Aug 6 07:16:59 2017

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From thharritt@aol.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 19 17:18:56 2018
    We just lost our BABY of 10 years.
    We got her
    As a very young girl and she had our hearts from the start.
    Would like to find an older Bassett so we can stroll through life together. Thank you.
    Tom @ Reverts Harritt

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ira Lieberman@21:1/5 to thharritt@aol.com on Sun Oct 21 14:24:37 2018
    On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 17:18:56 -0700 (PDT), thharritt@aol.com wrote:

We just lost our BABY of 10 years.
    We got her
    As a very young girl and she had our hearts from the start.
    Would like to find an older Bassett so we can stroll through life together. >Thank you.
    Tom @ Reverts Harritt

My deepest sympathies; I know what it's like to lose a family member.
    But this is probably not the best place to look for another furbaby.
    Instead of rec.pets.dogs.breeds, you'd be better off trying recl.pets.dogs.rescue or, better yet, just google "basset rescue" and
    try some of those links. You don't give any indication where you are,
    and this newsgroup is worldwide, so I can't help narrow it down, but
    when I just tried google I got around 8 million hits. Good chance
    you'll find what you're looking for.

=IML=

Moogs! Would you buy it for a quarter?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From marilogan@comcast.net@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 6 12:18:49 2018
    I also was a Daily Drool fan way back when I became a Mom to my baby girl Penelope.she was nine when she suddenly passed the day before the Sandy Hook massacre where so many children died. Losing her was beyond my ability to understand, then Sandy Hook
    happened.I then realized why she she taken from me..
    Penelope would go out everyday to wait for the kids to come home from school. She would lay on her back on the sidewalk everyday waiting to get her belly rubbed. Pictures were taken and memories were never forgotten.
    It was that day as I was talking to God on my first Daily walk without my babygirl that it hit me. She was taken so she could be there when those children arrived to third new home, she would be there to greet then with her tail wagging and her belly
    exposed.. Even though I still cry when I think of her and miss her so so much, I smile knowing that she Is there for all children that have been taken away from us and she is making them smile...
    I miss you more than life Penelope and wait for the day that you will wake me up with your thumping tail and kisses. Kyle, Ben and I were blessed with your presence in our lives...
    Thank you Daily Drool for the laughter,advice and being a part of those wonderful times.❤️❤️

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From victorialocke639@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 5 16:09:55 2020
    Wow...so emotional and with so much heartfelt love.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05