• Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

From steview389@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 12:58:05 2017
    Shut the fuck up

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From debra.a.hudnall@gmail.com@21:1/5 to redwi...@newnorth.net on Thu May 17 17:29:15 2018
    On Thursday, February 4, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, redwi...@newnorth.net wrote:
    MV Tanning wrote:

Look you fucking dipshit.

No, *you* look, dipshit. You don't seem stable enough to own a damn chia pet. Get rid of Chewy before you kill him, since you can't seem to control your
    temper, or your dog. Beating the shit out of a dog, for whatever reason, should
    get you arrested. Buy a plant or something and 'take care' of that.

Atticus

I totally agree with Atticus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From debra.a.hudnall@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Wanda Hubnut on Thu May 17 17:36:00 2018
    On Thursday, February 4, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Wanda Hubnut wrote:
    In article <19990204115727.25031.00000421@ng-cd1.aol.com>,
    mvtanning@aol.com (MV Tanning) wrote:

I am very very sorry to hear about what happened to your pup. However, in all fairness, it is not Chewy that is at fault. I am afraid that you must take responsibility for what happened.

I have owned and rescued pitbulls for over 15 years, so I know something about them.

Rule #1.
    Never EVER trust a pitbull not to fight another dog. At 2 years old, your Chewy is at the point where his dog aggressive tendencies are beginning to
    be very strong. The fact that Scout was a young female pup is irrelevant.

So, you should never leave pitbulls alone with one another unsupervised regardless of their age or their previous behavior.

Furthermore, a person should NEVER leave a grown dog of ANY breed alone
    with a puppy of ANY breed. Too many risks for overly rough play,
    dominance issues, territory, toy, food, water, etc, issues.

You increased the risk by leaving a food bowl that was accessible to both dogs. That only increased the likelihood of a fight.

If the pup was stiff and cold than she had been dead for a while, which
    means that the dogs had been left alone TOO LONG.

And then Chewy came up to me like
    nothing was wrong, his tail wagging, while I was sobbing about my girl. I went
    apeshit. I put her down, I punch him in the face while screaming at him, I kicked him in the ribs hard, I kicked his back end as hard as I could twice, I
    kept punching him. I think I was trying to kill him. He just let me hit him

In Chewy's world, he did not do anything wrong. He did what ALL dogs do
    when their food is challenged and his natural behavior is exacerbated by
    the fact that he is a pitbull and that he had a puppy with him who was no match for his aggression.

I understand that you were upset. I understand how you felt. BUT, in my
    own personal opinion, you do not have the temperament to own a dog.
    Punching and kicking a dog repeatedly is not acceptable for ANY reason.
    Shame on you.

Why would he KILL a puppy. I know if it were another dog, since he is an APBT
    that he would kill it, but why a female puppy? Does that signify that he
    is not
    a tempermentally sound dog?

See above. And, no it does not mean that is temperamentally unsound at
    all. Though you may be making him so because of YOUR attitude.

Is it really because he is an APBT or does he have
    a screw loose. She was only 14 weeks old.. If I left the food bowl (empty food
    bowl) out to other APBT owners, or dog owners for that matter, would your dog
    have killed her?

Probably. Even an empty food bowl can be a catalyst for territory or dominance. And, it could happen regardless of what the breed of the dog.

Does he realize he killed Scout. He doesn't act like he did anything wrong. He
    wants to play fetch, he doesn't act like he misses her....

Dogs have only one timeframe. NOW. He forgot about it probably about 5-10 minutes after he did it. All he knows is that you are pissed at him and
    he has no idea why.

Since he killed a puppy, and he is not friendly with people, does that mean he
    can't be trusted when my fiance and I decide to have children? I know people
    and animal aggression are two totally seperate issues, but this was a
    puppy. He
    has never shown aggression towards me at all, even when I lost it last night
    and beat him.

I think you should give him another home, or put him down. I think that
    he could probably be worked with and become a very good dog, but you dont have the temperament for it and you have already abused him once. Also,
    he now has a negative history with you and it goes both ways. He did something you think was "wrong" and you beat him.

Lastly, should I put the dog down? I love him, I really do, but I don't
    want an
    animal that I have to always worry about killing things all the time. I don't
    want to think that he will bite some kid someday (He will chase them with his
    hair standing up if they run, at least he would when he was a puppy. I haven't
    seen what he will do now). I am so unsure what to do. I feel like if I put him
    down, I am evil. But if it is the right thing to do, I will do it. I
    won't like
    it, but I will.

There are other alternatives to putting him down. You could try to find
    him another home. But, yes, you should not own him. And, he needs to be neutered. Now.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss. But, this is too familiar a story. People take a breed upon themselves and do nothing to learn about how to
    take care of them.

Again, this is not Chewy's fault.

Susan.

I agree 100% with Susan. AND I have to add-Don't have kids. You beat a dog for following it's instincts. You beat a dog because you made a mistake. You beat the dog because of your own guilt. DO NOT HAVE A CHILD!!!!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From debra.a.hudnall@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 17 17:25:59 2018
    I love all dogs, pit bulls, dachsund, chihuahuas, great danes, bull mastiffs, etc.
    I really feel sad for your grief and your guilt over your stupid mistake-because it caused that poor puppy to suffer needlessly. I get that you were upset about the death of the animal-due to your ignorance.
    It wasn't the APBT's fault that the puppy died. It was your fault. ONLY yours. Dogs were originally pack animals and killers. Domestication and human management have suppressed that instinct, but dogs will always be dogs and they don’t understand that killing is wrong. They kill to protect themselves and their territory, whether
    it is from instinct or for food — not for joy.

When you realize that it is normal dog behavior to kill, you can also see that it’s a dog owner’s responsibility to govern that behavior. It’s not the dog’s fault when such a thing happens. How could it be? The dog is just being a dog and does
    not understand that killing is ‘wrong’ in a human perspective.

Now that your dog has been so HORRIBLY ABUSED by you for following it's natural instincts, and you posted it-the poor abused animal can be placed in another home away from other animals, where the chances of a recurrence are slim. Now that it's killed,
    it will kill again. I guarentee that someone has already reported your confession of animal abuse to the proper authorities.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 3407432@myuwc.ac.za@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 3 17:43:32 2018
    Toby was about 6 weeks old. I adopted him from a homeless guy who found him abandoned and could not take proper care of the little guy.

I had him for about over a week, fed him, played with him, he slept under my arm, on my chest, he even became best pals with Phoebe, my incredibly friendly Staffy.

I have more dogs in my backyard who I separate from Phoebe because she's bullied by them when she's outside. Yesterday morning I was about to take little Toby for his shots and decided I would also go and give the dogs food before so I opened the back
    door, though mindlessly I went to go get something out the car and came back and noticed Toby wasn't on my bed where I left him asleep and thought "he should be in the kitchen", i went to the kitchen whilst shouting his name as he usually would run to me
    if he heard my voice but nothing, no response was met and then I figured I'd go and check outside. I wasn't prepared for what was next, nor was it in anyway something that crossed my mind as even a possibility, what I saw was little Toby's lifeless body
    laying in the middle of my backyard. The puppy who was snug and warm under my blankets now a tiny, helpless cold corpse. My dog Riot had bitten him to death. Holes on the side of his body, blood smudged on his soft fur. I was absolutely enraged. I kicked
    Riot so hard that he ran away and began to bark at me as I've never reacted to him this way EVER. I stared at Toby's corpse wishing I could bring him back, I stared at his corpse wishing I could wake up and it was all a dream. Everything felt surreal and
    it still does. The little guy became my best friend. I would have him snug between my legs when I'm driving. I never even knew what breed he was and was excited to find out but now I never will. I wept like a child for the entire afternoon. I ended up
    beating Riot with a stick with complete murderous thoughts, I honestly hated him and honestly still do. You're not alone mate

--

Disclaimer - This e-mail is subject to UWC policies and e-mail
    disclaimer published on our website at: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Pages/emaildisclaimer.aspx <https://www.uwc.ac.za/Pages/emaildisclaimer.aspx>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shepardbee0@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 28 12:55:30 2018
    They were bred to protect children. Not fight other dogs. No dog breed as been bred to fight another dog. It goes against instinct. Dogs are animals they do not have reasoning the act on instinct. I have an 8 yr old and an 11 week puppy they get along
    fine with no issues, and I think generally puppies are ok with adult dogs. This is a tragedy yes but don’t let it hurt the relationship with your dog. He really doesn’t know he did anything wrong. If you try this again I suggest a kennel for pup when
    not being observed or maybe not getting another dog. Sounds like the current dog may not ever cope well with another dog and that’s how it is with some dogs. I hope things have gotten better

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From akarimsales@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Petyr J. Smithe on Tue Jul 3 17:32:47 2018
    On Thursday, February 4, 1999 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, Petyr J. Smithe wrote:
    "Jeannette & Amy Zoss" <KellShelties@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

perhaps it would be better for the dog and for the health of your family if >you were to contact breed rescue and consider placing the dog rather than >trying to work through your problems.

Why would a rescue group want an unneutered male pitbull who growls at
    people and has already KILLED another dog (and a defenceless puppy at
    that)?

Oops, I forgot. They're all misunderstood little sweetcakes who've
    never hurt a fly. Their reputation is all the fault of "media
    hysteria". Let's adopt it out to a family full of little kids and
    pets! Aww, poor misunderstood little pitbull!

Okay you were going good until you made this comment. Stop it... I had something really defensive to say to you for the person you were commenting to, but when i came back after 19 minutes of checking to make sure I'm not so stupid enough to leave a
    puppy and a bull dog alone together, Especially without food! ..... And no I'm not that stupid.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From piecefell@gmail.com@21:1/5 to MV Tanning on Tue May 7 09:12:36 2019
    On Thursday, 4 February 1999 03:00:00 UTC-5, MV Tanning wrote:
    Look you fucking dipshit. I did not get this dog to hurt other people's dog. I
    got it for a pet. AND I TRIED to raise him good. I payed lots of attention to him, always took him to the vet, trained him. You STUPID FUCK, I used to take him with me 8 or 9 hours out of the day when I used to do real estate. I NEVER
    ONCE let him fight another dog, I Never let him act aggressive towards another
    dog, And I never implied it was ok for him to kill another dog. I Just thought
    it was irrespoonsible to not know about the history of the dog before I got it
    and I KNOW in its history, IT IS ANIMAL Aggressive. I just do not know if that
    applies to puppies, and I want to know if he has a screw loose or it is normal
    and I was the one irresponsible. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP you piece of shit. I do not need to hear you fucken comment on just because I got a pitbull I should not be a parent. I did not mean for him to kill my puppy and I am incredibly bummed out about it. So do me a favor and keep your fucken comments to yourself. I am not looking for people to jump in here and say "It is because all pitbulls are pieces of shit and need to be put to sleep." I was most likely
    the irresponsible one, and THAT is what I need to know...

Don't listen to him, the only thing is you can't leave a male with a puppy alone, once it is like 10 - 12 months and can take a bite then you can think about leaving two pit's of the opposite sex together. She was probably weak from the parvo and when
    they faught over the dish it was just too strong against too weak. I don't think you have to put him down IF you feel you can trust him, it's always a gamble around other dogs and usually there are a few fights before order sets in. Getting a dog
    neutered doesn't mean it will be any different in most cases, some notice them get calmer but it could of just been that time too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From piecefell@gmail.com@21:1/5 to MV Tanning on Tue May 7 09:23:35 2019
    On Thursday, 4 February 1999 03:00:00 UTC-5, MV Tanning wrote:
    Thank you for your Reply Robin. I am having a tough time and I know I was at fault. Originally, when I got the dog, he was only 8 weeks old, and he wasn't afraid of people/aggresive towards people. I still don't know if he is considered to be aggressive or afraid, and I don't know if that matters. The reason I got him is because I had read that they are one of the most people friendly dogs around, and I love having animals. I made a mistake I regret very
    much. I do not want to give him to someone who will fight him, and in all honesty, this statement

dog has never actually attacked or bitten
    anyone, but is agressive towards everyone but yourself and your GF.

is incorrect I guess. He is "afraid?" maybe aggressive if they approach him but, he never openly acts aggressive towards people, it is more "wary" or "not
    sure to if he is a friend or an bad person". I find truth in this statement you made

If it were my dog, REGARDLESS OF BREED, and I knew that the only thing >keeping
    it from biting people was a strong leash and arm, and it had killed my other >dog.... well, I'm sorry, but it would have been at the vet this morning.

I honestly don't know what he would do if he were to get out and see other people on his own. I do know that when I walk him and someone approaches us, he
    gets wierd. If I am talking to them and acknowledging I know them, he will simply ignore them and do his own thing. But even if he knows I am their friend
    and he is on a leash, he doesn't want other people, especially big men, to pet
    him. If they are in the house, he will let them pet him IF he has gone up to them, but if they approach him, he backs off. He doesn't back off and run away,
    but he pulls back kinda like "HEY, don't approach me, let me approach you" and
    then he tries to come back to them and sniff them. He doesn't like people advancing on him. I don't know if he would bite someone if he got out of the yard on his own. I think he would just play with them if it werent on his property and I wasn't there. BUT, I also never thought he would kill the puppy
    and I dont have the right to make that assumption any more.

and with someone who does not abuse
    the animal for doing something that it has been bred to do.

I was wrong. I was hurt and I reacted totally wrong. I would take back my actions if I could, but I can't. I am ashamed for my reaction.

My girlfriend is just as upset as I am but we are trying to be responsible (after the fact...Really irresponsible) and see it from the living dogs point of view that his nature is not ours and we messed up.

Anyways, I really appreciate your level headed response. If I have said anything that makes a difference, please respond.

One another thing, when the puppy got parvo it probably became the center of attention for a bit while it was unsure if she'd pull through and so there is going to be some jealousy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From smithladonna51@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 8 10:58:46 2019
    To MV Tanning, first of all let me say,I'm so sorry for your loss... I know it's hard to go through... Actually, when I googled looking for information, your story came up. Also, I know it is so hard to do, However, you have to ignore idiot's comments
    that have absolutely nothing to do with your post or your questions etc. It takes all kinds! It's like they have nothing better to do then put their two cents in a conversation they have nothing to with! I'm so sorry this happened to you and I know
    exactly how you are feeling and what you are going through and dealing with, because the same thing just happened to me. The only difference is, it was my 12 year old Grandsons German Shepherd Puppy Barry😥. He was approximately a year old. We are
    heart broken and we are also thinking about having our Pitt put down. We have owned and and have had our Beautiful Blue Nose Pitt since he was 6 weeks old. He is now 10 years old. He "HAS NEVER!" Shown this type of behavior towards human's I raised my
    children my babies around him with never any signs of aggression like we all watched horrified when he attacked this helpless little puppy!
    He did this horrible act right in front of practically all of my immediate family! It was terrible! We also have 3 small female
    Min-Pin-Chihs.Who are all up in age 11 to 12 years old. He was raised with these dogs his entire life! So again our dilemma is should we have him put down over this one act? How can we know if he could do this again? Do they get a taste of blood and kill
    again? I've always heard oldschool, once a dog gets a taste of blood it ruins them forever? Can this be true. Or will we have to cage him and keep him away from anything and anyone? That seems so unfair for him or any dog for that matter! I just don't
    know what to do!?!!?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From patriciachaline@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 15 20:04:48 2019
    All dogs have the potential to show this same type of behavior. I’m reminded of a friend with a Great Pyrenees that had a wonderful relationship with his goat, until one day after the goat was diagnosed with some sort of ear infection the dog chewed
    that ear off the goat. The dog was found chewing the goats ear in yard and when the owner saw this along with the goat laying there he went to check out the situation. The dog didn’t just chewy the ear off the goat, but had actually chewed the ear all
    the way to the brain which killed the goat. I live in rural country with many farms. Next door is another Great Pyrenees that was decided he took a liking to the cows rather than to watch after the goats which he was actually bought to mind, but could
    careless about the goats. They have a Lab that they have to keep away from the goats because each time they have a male goat he will attack and kill it. Sometimes I think we could be reading into it too much and expecting too much from our canines
    regardless their breed, training, and/or relationship with their owners. Don’t take your dog’s actions personally. It’s not breed specific on aggression either. I’m certain your dog loves you, but he’s got his own personality too. There are
    people no matter how well they were raised that end up being aggressive. Animals do have their own personality. Nature or nurture always seems to be the subject matter no matter the species. Don’t beat your dogs up, but also don’t beat yourself up
    either! I don’t think we should ever put 100% trust into person or beast. Will it ever happen again? We only thought we had control in the first place concerning matters, but to have the dog put down we will definitely never know. I currently have
    about a 2 year old male pitbull laying next to me in bed right now along with a chihuahua and a papihuahua. We didn’t buy this dog it just showed up nearly dead under our front porch last year. I had a a female pitbull which we did buy and raised with
    a Pomeranian they never had any troubles either. I think the biggest trouble we cause is when we forget the dog is a dog and we don’t really have all control of who they are. I’m Native American we have lived alongside animals especially dogs and
    horses, but we never pretended to actually own any, because I don’t really think we can “own” living creatures, so I used the term “your dog” or “my dog” loosely. It’s been my experience with the pitbull breed that they are highly
    intelligent and high sensitive dogs. Take it easy. The more you relax the more your dog will follow your lead. I’m sorry for your loss and pain. All life returns to the Creator of life. Peace, love and understanding 💕

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From crazygolfer37@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 16 01:29:52 2019
    That’s sad I had to put my female down , because she wanted to be the only dog I brought her a friend they played together but she was really jealous when I went outside to play she snapped and attacked my little brindle puppy !! I took the puppy to
    the vet to get stitched up and rehoused her I took the other one to the pound and euthanized her !! I felt so bad , but wasn’t taught how to train these kind of dogs smh!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From oscarwalsh@sanctamaria.ie@21:1/5 to MV Tanning on Mon Jan 13 02:02:56 2020
    On Thursday, 4 February 1999 08:00:00 UTC, MV Tanning wrote:
    I don't know where to start. I already had a 2 year old APBT (male and unneutered -mistake) named Chewy. Chewy is basically a good dog except he does
    not really like people. He has never bit anyone, but it makes it obvious he does not like them. If we (me and my girlfriend) are around and someone goes up
    to pet him, he lowers his stance, growls, and even whines like he is afraid. The only way he will let other people pet him is if he goes up to them first. I
    tried to socialize him as a puppy, i would walk him and ask people to pet him,
    but he always pulled away and growled. Never the less, he has never bitten anyone and has NEVER shown any aggression to me or my girlfriend.

A couple of weeks back we got a 11 week old female APBT. We introduced them and
    after he displayed his dominance by acting like he was mounting her, they became the very best of friends. They would play and run side by side all day long. He would always try to entice her to play tug o war with the blanket they
    sleep on, he would sleep with his head on her or let her curl her body right next to his. He used to let her "mockingly" win while play fighting, he would lie on his back in a submissive posture while she nipped at his face, and sometimes she would bite to hard and he would just bear it. I walked them both
    every night, and they were great walking together. When she got parvo and I took her to the vet, he sat at home depressed, didn't act happy at all. When she was better and we brought her home he and she were the happiest dogs in the
    world! They basically looked like they loved each other, and he acted like he was her protector...

Last night I came home and noticed that he was the only one at the screen door
    waiting for me. I knew something was wrong. I opened up the door and popped my
    head outside and she was lying there, next to an empty food bowl, dead. I couldn't believe it. (The food bowl was left outside because it was empty. I had started using another food bowl to feed them instead) I sat down next to her and her body was cold, and her limbs stiff. There wasnt any blood and I thought at first maybe he didn't kill her. I turned her over to the other side
    and noticed her dew claw had been ripped off. When I turned her over there was
    a little blood on her fur but no sign of a fight. Then I look closely at her head and I saw them. Little tiny puncture holes, near her eye, on top of her head, on the back of her head. I lost it. I knew in my heart what had happened.
    She had probably been sniffing my damn food bowl I left outside, and Chewy came
    up to her. He then grabbed her by the head, and she was trying to get away, so
    much so that she lost her dewclaw in his chin (He has a cut on his chin that is
    swollen and probably infected) and while she was struggling to get away, he somehow killed her. And I assume it is because of that food bowl I left outside. I was crying, petting her little head and body, wishing I was god so bad. I never realized how powerless I was until last night. I wanted to rub her
    and make her come back to life, I was telling my baby that I was sorry and holding her stiff body against my chest. And then Chewy came up to me like nothing was wrong, his tail wagging, while I was sobbing about my girl. I went
    apeshit. I put her down, I punch him in the face while screaming at him, I kicked him in the ribs hard, I kicked his back end as hard as I could twice, I
    kept punching him. I think I was trying to kill him. He just let me hit him the
    whole time, he didnt try to really run away, and he just sat there with his eyes open looking at me. I stopped, realized I didn't know what the hell I was
    doing anymore, went inside and cried. After I was done crying, I brought Chewy
    in, gave him a bath (he had blood on the front of his coat, and smelled like he
    had killed something), then I gave him antibiotics for his inflamed cut on his
    chin and made sure he could sit properly, and I checked his ribs to see if he hurt. I know I should not have hit him like that, I basically abused him and I
    shouldn't have. I never have done anything like that before, I was against people beating there dogs like that. I took Scout (my sweet little baby puppy)
    to my old house, buried her, I even brought Chewy along in the truck to spend time with him (Guilty over beating him, I was trying to justify it was in his nature, he is a dog, so it was wrong of me to get mad at him), then I went home
    cried some more, and went to bed.

I woke up this morning depressed like crazy. I went out, gave Chewy his food and more antibiotics, but I didn't want to be near him. Inside, even if it is my fault and he is a dog, I don't want anything to do with him. I still gave him the medicine, pet him, told him he was a good boy, and now I am here. I have a couple of questions now because I need to make a desicion on whether to
    put him down or not.

Why would he KILL a puppy. I know if it were another dog, since he is an APBT that he would kill it, but why a female puppy? Does that signify that he is not
    a tempermentally sound dog? Is it really because he is an APBT or does he have
    bowl) out to other APBT owners, or dog owners for that matter, would your dog have killed her?

can't be trusted when my fiance and I decide to have children? I know people and animal aggression are two totally seperate issues, but this was a puppy. He
    has never shown aggression towards me at all, even when I lost it last night and beat him.

Lastly, should I put the dog down? I love him, I really do, but I don't want an
    animal that I have to always worry about killing things all the time. I don't want to think that he will bite some kid someday (He will chase them with his hair standing up if they run, at least he would when he was a puppy. I haven't
    down, I am evil. But if it is the right thing to do, I will do it. I won't like
    it, but I will.

sorry bro, god does what he wants

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From oscarwalsh@sanctamaria.ie@21:1/5 to MV Tanning on Mon Jan 13 02:04:11 2020
    I don't know where to start. I already had a 2 year old APBT (male and unneutered -mistake) named Chewy. Chewy is basically a good dog except he does
    not really like people. He has never bit anyone, but it makes it obvious he does not like them. If we (me and my girlfriend) are around and someone goes up
    to pet him, he lowers his stance, growls, and even whines like he is afraid. The only way he will let other people pet him is if he goes up to them first. I
    tried to socialize him as a puppy, i would walk him and ask people to pet him,
    but he always pulled away and growled. Never the less, he has never bitten anyone and has NEVER shown any aggression to me or my girlfriend.

A couple of weeks back we got a 11 week old female APBT. We introduced them and
    after he displayed his dominance by acting like he was mounting her, they became the very best of friends. They would play and run side by side all day long. He would always try to entice her to play tug o war with the blanket they
    sleep on, he would sleep with his head on her or let her curl her body right next to his. He used to let her "mockingly" win while play fighting, he would lie on his back in a submissive posture while she nipped at his face, and sometimes she would bite to hard and he would just bear it. I walked them both
    every night, and they were great walking together. When she got parvo and I took her to the vet, he sat at home depressed, didn't act happy at all. When she was better and we brought her home he and she were the happiest dogs in the
    world! They basically looked like they loved each other, and he acted like he was her protector...

Last night I came home and noticed that he was the only one at the screen door
    waiting for me. I knew something was wrong. I opened up the door and popped my
    head outside and she was lying there, next to an empty food bowl, dead. I couldn't believe it. (The food bowl was left outside because it was empty. I had started using another food bowl to feed them instead) I sat down next to her and her body was cold, and her limbs stiff. There wasnt any blood and I thought at first maybe he didn't kill her. I turned her over to the other side
    and noticed her dew claw had been ripped off. When I turned her over there was
    a little blood on her fur but no sign of a fight. Then I look closely at her head and I saw them. Little tiny puncture holes, near her eye, on top of her head, on the back of her head. I lost it. I knew in my heart what had happened.
    She had probably been sniffing my damn food bowl I left outside, and Chewy came
    up to her. He then grabbed her by the head, and she was trying to get away, so
    much so that she lost her dewclaw in his chin (He has a cut on his chin that is
    swollen and probably infected) and while she was struggling to get away, he somehow killed her. And I assume it is because of that food bowl I left outside. I was crying, petting her little head and body, wishing I was god so bad. I never realized how powerless I was until last night. I wanted to rub her
    and make her come back to life, I was telling my baby that I was sorry and holding her stiff body against my chest. And then Chewy came up to me like nothing was wrong, his tail wagging, while I was sobbing about my girl. I went
    kept punching him. I think I was trying to kill him. He just let me hit him the
    whole time, he didnt try to really run away, and he just sat there with his eyes open looking at me. I stopped, realized I didn't know what the hell I was
    doing anymore, went inside and cried. After I was done crying, I brought Chewy
    in, gave him a bath (he had blood on the front of his coat, and smelled like he
    had killed something), then I gave him antibiotics for his inflamed cut on his
    chin and made sure he could sit properly, and I checked his ribs to see if he hurt. I know I should not have hit him like that, I basically abused him and I
    shouldn't have. I never have done anything like that before, I was against people beating there dogs like that. I took Scout (my sweet little baby puppy)
    to my old house, buried her, I even brought Chewy along in the truck to spend time with him (Guilty over beating him, I was trying to justify it was in his nature, he is a dog, so it was wrong of me to get mad at him), then I went home
    cried some more, and went to bed.

I woke up this morning depressed like crazy. I went out, gave Chewy his food and more antibiotics, but I didn't want to be near him. Inside, even if it is my fault and he is a dog, I don't want anything to do with him. I still gave him the medicine, pet him, told him he was a good boy, and now I am here. I have a couple of questions now because I need to make a desicion on whether to
    put him down or not.

Why would he KILL a puppy. I know if it were another dog, since he is an APBT that he would kill it, but why a female puppy? Does that signify that he is not
    a tempermentally sound dog? Is it really because he is an APBT or does he have
    bowl) out to other APBT owners, or dog owners for that matter, would your dog have killed her?

can't be trusted when my fiance and I decide to have children? I know people and animal aggression are two totally seperate issues, but this was a puppy. He
    has never shown aggression towards me at all, even when I lost it last night and beat him.

Lastly, should I put the dog down? I love him, I really do, but I don't want an
    animal that I have to always worry about killing things all the time. I don't want to think that he will bite some kid someday (He will chase them with his hair standing up if they run, at least he would when he was a puppy. I haven't
    down, I am evil. But if it is the right thing to do, I will do it. I won't like
    it, but I will.

i guess you could call it dog's plan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ira Lieberman@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 14 19:23:32 2020
    On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 02:02:56 -0800 (PST), oscarwalsh@sanctamaria.ie
    wrote:

Just wondering if you realized that you were responding to a message
    that is 21 years old.

=IML=

Moogs! Would you buy it for a quarter?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From adita1984.ac@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 20 03:54:43 2020
    Shut the fuck up. All dogs are programmed as DOGS! GUESS THE FUCK WHAT? Dogs, any breed can attack both humans and or animals. Look up actual statistics about dig aggression, and bites. You'll be surprised Pitbulls are not at the top. Chihuahuas are!!!

Ignorant scum. Never own a dog, cat or lizard at that. You dont know shit you close minded imbecile.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ira Lieberman@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 20 21:00:43 2020
    On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 03:54:43 -0800 (PST), adita1984.ac@gmail.com
    wrote:

Shut the fuck up. All dogs are programmed as DOGS! GUESS THE FUCK WHAT? Dogs, any breed can attack both humans and or animals. Look up actual statistics about dig aggression, and bites. You'll be surprised Pitbulls are not at the top. Chihuahuas are!!!

Ignorant scum. Never own a dog, cat or lizard at that. You dont know shit you close minded imbecile.

Your rant, while on target to some extent, is in response to an
    article posted more than twenty years ago. People need to start
    looking at the date before going off.

=ML=

Moogs! Would you buy it for a quarter?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From onewickedpony@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 2 05:33:06 2020
    First off, pitbulls were not bred to kill other animals. You are an ignorant person and unknowledgeable. Don’t post up answers you think are right when you have done no research or have experience with the breed. Pitbulls were bred to be nanny dogs.
    Take care of the children of the house and protect them. Next time do some research before you post up an idiotic response that is wrong. Your the problem in this world.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05