• Boycott Towbar!!

From nlukiw@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 9 06:12:31 2016
    Wow...several of you have alot of growing up to do. What started on comments about a kennel/breeder turned into attacking one another on this site. How sad!

I personally know this breeder and LOVE our giant malamute we got from them. People will have difference of opinion on many things and it is up to you the consumer to do your homework. If there is something you don't like ask more questions to clarify,
    or simply don't buy from the breeder.

For example, people name their business for different reasons. I doubt the individual who ridiculed the business name knows why it is named that way.

We personally LOVE our malate from Towbar kennels. The breeder lives in the NWT and is very particular how she looks after her dogs as well who they go home with. Not everyone should be a dog owner.

As far as the GIANT size...our dog fits that to a T. He is almost the same height as a Great Dane but thick. He is approx 150 pounds and as gentle as can be, even with my 1 year old son.

I understand everyone has different experiences and opinions. Ours was/is a good one and we are recommending others who are serious about getting this type of dog.

Those who have made rude comments about the breeder and to others...I don't care what you think or say to my post. Just know that there are bigger things in life and not everyone thinks the same as you. Happy new year to all!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From malacub64@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 26 08:10:37 2016
    Not your decision to make. Have owned both type of mals all had happy long life's and great malamute personalities. Have had four wonderful malamutes in my life. I think should know. For you to say that because a malamute weighs 30lb more than the
    standard it's not a malamute is wrong. Please get a life

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From girlgunwild1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 19 09:14:23 2018
    Giant dog. Sounds fine, but they are temperamentally
    different, don't have the drive to do what they were bred to do and can have serious health problems related to the cross breed.
    Other than that, nothing at all.
    Melissa

In fact, Melissa...They are much smarter and can do far more than what they were bred to do, do you want proof? Spend an hour with one and you will surely take this comment back. I have yet to meet another Giant Mal owner who has had a Giant with these
    serious health problems you speak of, but i can give you a dozen at least of Standard Mal owners who have these health problems you speak of. You keep saying cross breed, when if fact this breed is protected from this cross-breeding you speak of. My boy
    has been to vet regularly and i have yet to hear of these issues you state, Don't target someone because you have an ignorant opinion. I hope Karma bites you in the ass, or at least a Giant Mal named Karma.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From girlgunwild1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 19 08:26:40 2018
    OK, I have ran into a few know it all bitches that assume that a Giant Alaskan Malamute Breeder is in it for profit....GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS! My Giant Alaskan Malamute came from Towbar Kennels, he is now 2.5 years old, weighs 170 pounds and
    stands 35" at the withers. THERE IS NOTHING STANDARD ABOUT HIM! If i wanted a standard i would have gotten a standard. So what's this about not being accepted? Just because the CKC and AKC do not recognize the breed, they still authenticate them as
    purebreed and send papers for them, I think they are discriminating the breed and that is so sad. These dogs almost became extinct working for us in WWII, They protected the Inuit from Polar Bears, and lived loyal throughout our history proving this
    Working Dog to be ABOVE ALL OTHERS. So to say that a Giant Mal breeder is 'In it for profit' is an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone's got them. Have you ever met Ruth? Have you seen how devoted and wonderful she is in breeding this
    AWESOME GENTLE GIANTS? Do you know how she screens her buyers before they purchase from her? Did you know she even requests proof of Vet Certificates for Spaying/Neuturing, and vaccinations? She ensures these dogs are going to proper, responsible homes.
    Unlike other breeds, you can't just mix this breed with other breeds. The breeders take pride in ensuring that these Giants are followed close with their bloodlines. UNLIKE OTHER BREEDS WITH IRRESPONSIBLE BREEDERS, where you got husky mixed with mal, mal
    with shephards, and so so on. Melissa, you should have done your research before targeting such a sweet and kind person, How dare you treat someone like this and not even know her or even where she is located. You got these other breeds that as a
    purebred have so many health issues, some can barely breath, and you target Giant Mals?! I have had absolutely no issues with mine while people like you warn me about health issues or hip and joint problems with this bred. Have you ever owned one? If not,
    then SHUT YOUR BIG FAT TRAP. You FUCKTARDS who think you know everything about this breed haven't even had any experience with this breed, so i suggest you stop giving your OPINION to happy Giant Alaskan Malamute Enthusiasts, There must be a reason we
    love these dogs so much and would take on any bitch on the Internet to defend them. BOYCOTT IGNORANT BITCHES!! #Melissa

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rudderman71@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Melissa on Mon Jul 13 10:02:00 2020
    On Tuesday, October 24, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Melissa wrote:
    Nothing would surprise me about these people. They are also probably a devoted member of scams-are-us.
    There is a similar kennel in Washington selling their GIANT Mals (Breeding quality; note the omission of Show quality) for $1250. They must br crazy!!!

Melissa

There are two types of breeders for each breed of dog. Show quality and not show quality. Each person gets to pick what they want. You also have scammers who sell what they claim are show quality dogs even thou the puppies don't get judged when they are
    less then 3 months old (outside of a dog show)

Who is worse? A person who is clearly stating they are not selling show quality dogs for $1250 or someone who is selling show quality puppies for $4000, but none of their dogs have won best in breed.

I am not including backyard breeders. They don't care about the breed. They just want to make money just because it's easier to charge more when you say they a show quality.

I have gone to many dog shows and it's sad to hear from the owners that their malamute isn't allowed outside because their feet might get dirty. It's a working dog! My opinion is no show quality malamute should be allowed in the ring unless he/she is
    ranked in pulling loads (no more clean feet).

Melissa why don't you talk, protest, or do something with WKC, AKC, or any other club that hands out pedigree paperwork for free? They need to improve how they hand out certificates, because right now it's a joke.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From rudderman71@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Melissa on Mon Jul 13 09:50:35 2020
    On Tuesday, October 24, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Melissa wrote:
    Nothing would surprise me about these people. They are also probably a devoted member of scams-are-us.
    There is a similar kennel in Washington selling their GIANT Mals (Breeding quality; note the omission of Show quality) for $1250. They must br crazy!!!

Melissa

There are two types of breeder for each breed of dog. Show quality and not show quality. Each person gets to pick what they want. You also have scammer who sell what they claim are show quality dogs even thou they don't get judge when they are less then
    3 months old.

Who is worse? A person who is clearly stating they are not selling show quality dogs for $1250 or someone who is selling show quality puppies for $4000, but none of their dogs have won best in breed.

I am not including backyard breeders. They don't care about the breed. They just want to make money just because it's easier to charge more when you say they a show quality.

Melissa why don't you talk, protest, or do something with WKC, AKC, or any other club that hands out pedigree paperwork? They need to improve how they hand out certificates, because right now it's a joke.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05