• CKC registration????

From MalteseLove@21:1/5 to N. Ellington on Wed Mar 8 18:28:20 2017
    On Monday, May 17, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, N. Ellington wrote:
    I just bought a puppy and the breeder told me it was CKC registered rather that AKC registered. Anyone ever heard of this group? Doesn't really matter-I just wanted the dog for pet quality.

Niki

I just have to say the people replying on this post are very rude and near sighted. How can you categorize all CKC breeders as bad and their dogs as poor. NOT TRUE. There is good and bad in all the kennels. You can not put someones dogs down because they
    are CKC. I have CKC 'Continental' dogs and they are beautiful, intelligent and healthy. They are the picture of health and meet all their breed standards. They range from 7 months to 10 years and have never had a health issue, not one. They are treated
    like the royalty they are. I resent near sighted people that categorize people, clubs, etc and put them a box and think they are above others when they certainly are not.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gmaoften55@gmail.com@21:1/5 to N. Ellington on Tue Apr 11 08:04:37 2017
    On Monday, May 17, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, N. Ellington wrote:
    I just bought a puppy and the breeder told me it was CKC registered rather that AKC registered. Anyone ever heard of this group? Doesn't really matter-I just wanted the dog for pet quality.

Niki

I register my dogs CKC. I am not an awful person nor do I run a puppy mill. My dogs are purebred and have pedigrees. I choose CKC because they are a lot cheaper. I don't have a lot of money but enjoy seeing the faces of children and adults alike when
    they get a home-raised puppy they they can cherish for the dogs life-time. The puppies are loved from day one and raised around several grandchildren so come pre-spoiled. So not all CKC breeders are bad. Just sayen....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Cynthia.Carnes@lcsd.k12.sc.us@21:1/5 to N. Ellington on Wed Jul 12 13:28:40 2017
    On Monday, May 17, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, N. Ellington wrote:

Niki

I'm very late into this discussion but wanted to add my two cents worth. I am a small time breeder of miniature australian shepherds that are registered with Continental Kennel Club. I take very good care of my two sets of breeding pairs, and spend a
    fortune on them with regular vet checks and preventative measures. They are a part of my family. Does that make me a demon-filled puppy miller? I think not. I breed my dogs because I have an absolute love for the breed. My dogs are the most
    intelligent,loyal and obedient dogs that I have ever personally experienced, and I want to keep their line going and share the joy of ownership with others in my area. If that is wrong to a select few of conceited individuals who believe that they are
    the only ones intelligent enough to breed and sell puppies, then consider the source. By the way, I am a very intelligent, well educated individual with 3 college degrees. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm ignorant. I think I passed that litmus test
    years ago before I started teaching mathematics for nearly 30 years. It just sounds like to me that critics of CKC are running off at the mouth because they fear they are loosing their monopoly on the breeding market. The typical pet owner (buyer) does
    not care if their pet is not show quality. They want an affordable option to a preferred breed that the majority of the AKC breeders cannot offer. That in no way should ever imply that the CKC registered breeders are inferior, substandard, criminal,
    ignorant, or somehow unethical. Please keep your mouth shut about CKC breeders and the registry itself. You are being the ignorant one here by classifying all CKC breeders as bad. I know for a fact that some AKC members have been investigated and found
    to be substandard and criminally inhumane by the federal government. Oops, was I not supposed to tell that? They are also so obsessed with keeping their pure line that they inbreed to the point of causing their stock to become sterile. Oops again: this
    CKC member is not supposed to be that informed and educated, LOL! What a bunch of "stuff". The truth hurts sometimes, but anything can be corrupted by human intervention, even registries like AKC and CKC, but please don't classify all individual
    associated with them as one and the same. Shame on you. I believe in the legal sense, that would be called profiling!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bonniefraser235@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Nancy Patrick on Thu Dec 13 22:07:06 2018
    On Monday, May 24, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Nancy Patrick wrote:
    i sound rude and abrupt to you, but i paid good money for my poms and
    i'll what ever i choose to do with them.

NPatrick

+++Jesus is Love+++

Yes because they are property hopefully that will change soon.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robinhood48818@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to liebl...@my-deja.com on Fri Feb 1 14:13:47 2019
    On Thursday, June 3, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, liebl...@my-deja.com wrote:
    CKC IS CONTINENTAL KENNEL CLUB. ALL MY DOGS ARE REGISTERED WITH THEM
    AND I JUST LOVE THEIR HASSLE FREE WAY.ITS NOT LIKE SOME OF THE OLD
    CLUBS,WHO DOLLAR YOU TO DEATH.THEY DONT HAVE LITTER FEES OR
    DOUBLETRANSFER FEES .ALSO THEY HAVE PICTURE CERTIFICATES.PEOPLE JUST
    LOVE THEM .LOTS OF MY DOGS ARE DNA CERTIFIED AND MICORCHIPPED.ANYWAY I
    LOVE THE CLUB.IM GLAD I QUIT THE OTHER CLUB,THEY GOT A NASTY ATTITUDE
    AND I DONT NEED THAT.ITS THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD. com> wrote:
    CKC could also indicate Continental Kenel Club, or even Canine Kennel
    Club. Continental Kennel Club can be found at: http://www.ckcusa.com
    I don't think Canine Kennel Club has a web site.

Fred

N. Ellington wrote:

I just bought a puppy and the breeder told me it was CKC registered
    rather
    that AKC registered. Anyone ever heard of this group? Doesn't
    really
    matter-I just wanted the dog for pet quality.

Niki

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
    Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05