• Sneezing, Wheezing, Thin Conure

From carla.hickman@robeson.k12.nc.us@21:1/5 to Phoenix on Thu Aug 31 09:05:46 2017
    On Tuesday, April 25, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Phoenix wrote:
    I noticed my conure suddenly begin sneezing more than normal, and worse, he began making a soft wheezing sound from his nostrils when he breathes. He's not breathing through his beak or bobbing his tail and all the rest of his behavior seems perfectly normal. Well, I took him to the vet the very next day and the vet noticed he was a bit thin, definitely had some respiratory noises and announced a 90% chance that he has a "respiratory infection". My bird was given a vitamin shot, a baytril shot and baytril to take home and mix with his water. It's been a couple days and he continues to wheeze
    softly and occasionally sneeze, and though I asked the vet what else it
    could be if it turned out to be something in the 10%, I didn't get a satisfactory answer and I am continuing to worry. Should I have had some
    kind of tests done? What tests? What other conditions could look like this? Could it be some sort of seasonal allergy that has never happened before? Could it be something that is deadly if I don't take steps to treat it right away? Can anybody can give me ideas on what to follow up on with my vet and what treatments it would make sense to ask for if the antibacterial med doesn't work?

Phoenix

My baby had the same symptoms and the vet gave doxycycline. He died yesterday so seek a second opinion asap.

--

In compliance with federal law, the Public Schools of Robeson County administers all educational programs, employment activities and admission without discrimination with regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)