• incense and parrots

From holly.sheldonwebb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to James Weber on Sat May 13 12:09:16 2017
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, James Weber wrote:
    On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:53:58 GMT, AngelaRenae@yahoo.com wrote:

I know that scented candles are bad for parrots, but would it hurt them
    to be in the same house (not room) where natural-product incense is >burning? it consists of crushed herbs and a little wood fiber.....

tia,
    angela

Combustion products and birds are a bad combination, period. Makes no difference whether they are from candles, kerosine heaters, unvented
    gas heaters, or incense....

I have burned scented soy candle wax with my birds present for years. My last bird passed away at 14 yrs. old. I would like to burn no-chemical incense and
    may try a bit at first, carefully monitoring my bird's behaviour (coughing?)

A word to those who blow various kinds of smoke in your pets faces. Really??? How stupid you need to resort to this to be entertained. These pets are helpless and depend on you to take good care of them. That's disgusting.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From noort36@gmail.com@21:1/5 to holly...@hotmail.com on Sat Feb 10 07:21:04 2018
    On Saturday, 13 May 2017 21:09:17 UTC+2, holly...@hotmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, James Weber wrote:

I know that scented candles are bad for parrots, but would it hurt them >to be in the same house (not room) where natural-product incense is >burning? it consists of crushed herbs and a little wood fiber.....

tia,
    angela

Combustion products and birds are a bad combination, period. Makes no difference whether they are from candles, kerosine heaters, unvented

I have burned scented soy candle wax with my birds present for years. My last bird passed away at 14 yrs. old. I would like to burn no-chemical incense and
    may try a bit at first, carefully monitoring my bird's behaviour (coughing?)

A word to those who blow various kinds of smoke in your pets faces. Really??? How stupid you need to resort to this to be entertained. These pets are helpless and depend on you to take good care of them. That's disgusting.

===

Sorry- but you do NOT burn anything around your birds, period!

Especially stuf that relies on geting everywhere to 'spread the fragrance' - are you really that far out of your mind?

All those miniscule particles to irritate and inflame the delicate breathing apparatus of a bird-- even now dedicated scientist are struggling to understand the amazing way this all functions (airsacks and lungs), and you decide to fuck it up 'because
    they did not die right away the last time'.
    That is the same as: "Of course you can lock kids in a car on an hot day- no problem, most of the time they are not even completely dead when you return".

You KNOW it is potentially harmfull and even deadly to the one who has absolutely no choice in the matter, but what the hell- you'll do it anyway??

So much for 'caring for and loving your pets'... :rolleyes:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joshuaoffical21@gmail.com@21:1/5 to James Weber on Tue Mar 24 15:57:06 2020
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, James Weber wrote:

I know that scented candles are bad for parrots, but would it hurt them
    to be in the same house (not room) where natural-product incense is >burning? it consists of crushed herbs and a little wood fiber.....

tia,
    angela

wigla

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05