• New parent zebra finches dead father

From poolcorsa@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 18 09:39:50 2019
    Hi I have 2 males and 2 females in a big cage with 4 nesting boxes. Both females are laying and we had our first chick 3 weeks ago. We noticed 4 days ago that the father of the chick was plucking out a lot of feathers from the female and she was
    literally bold around the neck. We googled it to find the best course of action and read it’s best to remove the male into a different cage but keep them close to each other. We did this 3 days ago and although the male and female seemed a bit
    distressed at first it seemed ok and the chick was still being cared for. We went to check on them today and the line male chick was dead in the water bowl. It’s a proper finch water bowl. Now I don’t know if he drowned or if he was just too stressed
    or if our cat had stressed him out to the point where he died. The cat could not have got to him through the cage but he does like to try. I’m now in a dilemma as to what to do. Did we do something wrong? Any advise would be appreciated thank you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)