• German Shepherd aggression towards other dogs.

From kritterbear8@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 25 21:57:58 2016
    I have a two year old female German Shepherd and a16 year old male Terrie type dog. My shepherd has known him since she was 4 weeks old. Now the Shepard wants to take the old dog out. I have to keep them completely separated because the Shepard tries to
    kill him every chance she gets. I am very close to both dogs. I also live alone.Is there anything I can do or am I going to have to get used to the way it is

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From teresa.obrien@thompsonschools.org@21:1/5 to Kenny Cargill on Sun Dec 10 16:24:03 2017
    On Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 3:13:13 PM UTC-6, Kenny Cargill wrote:
    Took in a 10 month old German Shepherd 5 months ago so he's now 15 months. He's great with people and kids but really aggressive towards other dogs although until I got him he had been reared with 2 other dogs. If I try taking him out on a lead all's OK until he sees another dog then he goes nuts trying to attack them.
    Last time I took him out was about a month ago and he's so strong he pulled me to the ground hurting my arm and hand whilst trying to attack another dog. Can't even think about taking him out at all now, I have arthritis and don't have the strength to handle him when he's like this.
    I did get him neutered thinking it might calm him down but it made no difference.
    I don't like keeping him closed in the yard all the time but cant take the chance of walking him, even muzzled.
    Any advice on how to deal with this behaviour? I can't afford a professional dog trainer.

Kenny Cargill

Hi Kenny-
    I have the same problem x 2. I have two rescue female shepherds who I love to walk. Unfortunately, they have taken me down twice nice trying to protect me from a small dog who charged them during our walk. I'm trying to find a dog trainer. Did you
    find a solution to your problem?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sweelish@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 7 03:34:23 2020
    Den lördag 23 mars 2013 kl. 22:13:13 UTC+1 skrev Kenny Cargill:
    Took in a 10 month old German Shepherd 5 months ago so he's now 15 months. He's great with people and kids but really aggressive towards other dogs although until I got him he had been reared with 2 other dogs. If I try taking him out on a lead all's OK until he sees another dog then he goes nuts trying to attack them.
    Last time I took him out was about a month ago and he's so strong he pulled me to the ground hurting my arm and hand whilst trying to attack another dog. Can't even think about taking him out at all now, I have arthritis and don't have the strength to handle him when he's like this.
    I did get him neutered thinking it might calm him down but it made no difference.
    I don't like keeping him closed in the yard all the time but cant take the chance of walking him, even muzzled.
    Any advice on how to deal with this behaviour? I can't afford a professional dog trainer.

Kenny Cargill

I know this thread is old, but training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue.

Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of 🐶

Here's a link to their site: http://hiddendogintelligence.club/

Good luck!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05