• Siberian Husky with Problems, or Owner with problems.....

From sweelish@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 7 03:27:56 2020
    Den måndag 15 april 2002 kl. 22:07:39 UTC+2 skrev Game Player No. 1088:
    Hello,
    I have a 3 or 4 year old siberian husky that we rescued from the shelter.
    For the most part she (spayed) is a good dog. But does seem to have some quirks.

1. She digs, digs, digs, digs. I've read some books on it, and some suggested that I fill in the holes with rocks, then put dirt over that, and that should stop her from digging. It didnt, she dug up the rocks and continued to dig. I broke up a couple of cinderblocks with a hamner, and
    put the broken pieces in the hole and covered it with dirt. This stopped
    the digging, IN THOSE AREAS!, she just found new places to dig. Theres just no way to keep up with her, it feels like a losing situation since I am always a step behind her when she starts a new hole while Im away at work.

2. Food problems. For the most part she's okay with the food. I have out 4 bowls of food for 3 dogs. Now my little one (the lhapso apso) will walk towards one of the food bowls, and the sib husky will immediately jump in front of him and growl, the lhaso backs down everytime. Other times she
    will go to the food bowls and lie in front of them so nobody else can get
    any food until she says they can.

3. Coke habbit: She's apparently got a really bad coke habbit. If you leave out a empty coke can, or even put one in the trash, she'll fish it out and rip the can apart. I thought at first it was unrelated to the contents, but last night there was a 2 liter bottle (empty) of coke sitting on an outdoor table, she promptly chewed the top off of it to lick it out. I also caught her knocking the coke can off the table outside to lick up the contents from the ground. But she'll also dig in the office trash to get an empty can out to rip it up and lick it clean. How do you stop this, short of actually putting the coke cans in a bag in the garage where she cant get to it most
    of the time.

4. Chewing, man, when we first got her, she was a really bad chewer, slippers, cans, trash, everything. I bought her a muzzle (because my dal came up one day with a huge 3 inch gash under her chin and we assumed it was the new dog - fortunately it turned out now that it was the neighbors dog
    and the chain link fence), but at the time I and my roomie thought it was
    the new dog, so I put a muzzle on her when I couldnt watch her. She found
    it one day on the coffee table and chewed the straps off of it.
    Intentional? Probably not, but seemed that way.

Any help appreciated.

I know this thread is old, but training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue.

Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of 🐶

Here's a link to their site: http://hiddendogintelligence.club/

Good luck!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)