• Baitcasting reels-the attractive antique that reel companies won't admi

From coreyrayg@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 6 05:24:30 2020
    It's a simple fact baitcaster reels will outcast a spinning reel without a question. It's just a known fact not sure what your experience is with baitcasters but there is a reason professional bassfisherman use mostly baitcasters( most using spinning
    reels for certain baits) and it's not bc of sponsors or money. Its because they are far superior for distance and technique

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From iaboyeah@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 3 03:27:54 2020
    I find for 1/32 oz jigs a closed face spinning reel with 6 lb line casts without tangles for days. Where as a baitcast reel handles 12 lb mono 1it 3/16 oz with seldom any overrun let alone backlash. As far as friction in casting with a spinning reel as
    the line spins off the reel, the faster the cast the greater is air resistance created, so heavier lines create a lot of resistance, more than bait casters. My baitcaster is lighter than my ultralight spinning reel. Each type of reel has it' particular
    advantage, personally I always thought I cast farther with a bait caster, at least when line of 10# or greater was used,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)