• Portland Pride

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 5 19:58:49 2023
    "Portland Pride Parade’s Grand Marshal isn’t just one person this year"

By Lizzy Acker | The Oregonian/OregonLive
    The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

“Drag has played an essential role in the movement for queer liberation, for more than 100 years,” Pride Northwest said in a press release Monday.

“Today,” the release said, “drag still acts as an important vessel of expression for queer and trans people who have had to carve their own paths.”

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was attended by thousands, including a
    current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride Northwest said in the release."

https://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/2023/06/portland-pride-parades-grand-marshal-isnt-just-one-person-this-year.html

I wonder if Japanese children are "sexualized" by Kabuki theater?

"Kabuki (歌舞伎, かぶき) is a classical form of Japanese theatre, mixing dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated costumes, and for the elaborate
    kumadori make-up worn by some of its performers.

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that performed dances and light sketches in Kyoto. The art form later developed into its present all-male theatrical form
    after women were banned from performing in kabuki theatre in 1629. Kabuki developed throughout the late 17th century and reached its zenith in the mid-18th century.

In 2005, kabuki theatre was proclaimed by UNESCO as an intangible heritage possessing outstanding universal value. In 2008, it was inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabuki

I saw the real deal in Japan. I thought it was great good fun, even though I don't understand the language. There's lots of color and movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with subtitles. I don't think these drag
    performers are going to turn anyone into any sort of pervert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p1i7ezQAXQ

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Jun 6 14:10:52 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this
    year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

“Drag has played an essential role in the movement for queer liberation, for more than 100 years,” Pride Northwest said in a press release Monday.

“Today,” the release said, “drag still acts as an important vessel of expression for queer and trans people who have had to carve their own paths.”

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that
    drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of
    the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of
    Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting
    the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage
    name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was
    attended by thousands, including a current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United
    States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride Northwest said in the release."

https://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/2023/06/portland-pride-parades-grand-marshal-isnt-just-one-person-this-year.html

"Kabuki (歌舞伎, かぶき) is a classical form of Japanese theatre, mixing
    dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for
    its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated
    costumes, and for the elaborate kumadori make-up worn by some of its performers.

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the
    art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that
    performed dances and light sketches in Kyoto. The art form later
    developed into its present all-male theatrical form after women were
    banned from performing in kabuki theatre in 1629. Kabuki developed
    throughout the late 17th century and reached its zenith in the mid-18th century.

In 2005, kabuki theatre was proclaimed by UNESCO as an intangible
    heritage possessing outstanding universal value. In 2008, it was
    inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

I saw the real deal in Japan. I thought it was great good fun, even though I don't understand the language. There's lots of color and
    movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone
    into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views
    are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Jun 6 07:49:00 2023
    On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 7:10:55 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

“Today,” the release said, “drag still acts as an important vessel of
    expression for queer and trans people who have had to carve their own paths.”

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of Pride Northwest, said in an email.

the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was attended by thousands, including a current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated costumes, and for the elaborate kumadori make-up worn by some of its performers.

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that
    developed into its present all-male theatrical form after women were banned from performing in kabuki theatre in 1629. Kabuki developed throughout the late 17th century and reached its zenith in the mid-18th century.

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

I saw the real deal in Japan. I thought it was great good fun, even
    though I don't understand the language. There's lots of color and movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

What do you think, "I am not a troll" boy? How many times do you think you have trolled me with this exact same lame troll? Dozens? More than 10, but less than a thousand?

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Jun 6 16:05:50 2023

"Portland Pride Parade’s Grand Marshal isn’t just one person this year" >>>

“Drag has played an essential role in the movement for queer liberation, >>> for more than 100 years,” Pride Northwest said in a press release Monday. >>>
    “Today,” the release said, “drag still acts as an important vessel of >>> expression for queer and trans people who have had to carve their own paths.”

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that >>> drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of

the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was
    attended by thousands, including a current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in
    spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride >>> Northwest said in the release."

dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for >>> its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated
    costumes, and for the elaborate kumadori make-up worn by some of its performers.

throughout the late 17th century and reached its zenith in the mid-18th century.

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural
    Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

though I don't understand the language. There's lots of color and
    movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with
    subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone

TB

Yawn.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views >> are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

What do you think, "I am not a troll" boy? How many times do you
    think you have trolled me with this exact same lame troll? Dozens? More
    than 10, but less than a thousand?

TB

Extra medium yawn.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Jun 6 11:37:05 2023
    On 6/6/2023 9:49 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

"Portland Pride Parade’s Grand Marshal isn’t just one person this year" >>>

“Drag has played an essential role in the movement for queer liberation, >>> for more than 100 years,” Pride Northwest said in a press release Monday. >>>
    “Today,” the release said, “drag still acts as an important vessel of >>> expression for queer and trans people who have had to carve their own paths.”

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that >>> drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of

the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in
    spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride >>> Northwest said in the release."

dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for >>> its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural
    Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with
    subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone

TB

Yawn.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views >> are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

What do you think, "I am not a troll" boy? How many times do you think you have trolled me with this exact same lame troll? Dozens? More than 10, but less than a thousand?

TB

You really don't know what a troll and trolling is. The "Yawn" response
    to your post is far short of anything that could be considered such.
    Your post, however, easily fits into the trolling category.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Jun 6 10:48:42 2023
    On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 9:37:09 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this >>> year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

“Drag has played an essential role in the movement for queer liberation,
    for more than 100 years,” Pride Northwest said in a press release Monday.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of >>> Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting >>> the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United >>> States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in >>> spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride
    Northwest said in the release."

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the >>> art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural >>> Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with >>> subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone >>> into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--

TB

Hey, I'm proud to be a troll. There ain't nuthin' here, except for wall to wall trolls. RORT's most pompous troll, clumsy dodger, and self-anointed keeper of the topic is an excellent example. Posting "yawn" over and over is certainly not informative,
    Unless you think it's important to keep track of RORTSMPTCD&SAKOFTT'S usual mental state.

This is still an RV group with a written charter. Most of the political posts are still off topic. They are also obvious trolls for flames.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Jun 6 12:17:45 2023

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this >>> year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of >>> Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting >>> the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United >>> States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in >>> spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the >>> art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural >>> Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with >>> subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone >>> into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--

TB

Yep, it's also on topic. I know you trolls hate it when someone interrupts your trolling with an on topic post. I can certainly see why on topic posts bore our average troll. I probably should stop doing that. LOL

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Jun 6 19:07:13 2023
    On 6/6/2023 12:48 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

Yawn.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views >>>> are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

TB

Hey, I'm proud to be a troll. There ain't nuthin' here, except for wall to wall trolls. RORT's most pompous troll, clumsy dodger, and self-anointed keeper of the topic is an excellent example. Posting "yawn" over and over is certainly not
    informative, Unless you think it's important to keep track of RORTSMPTCD&SAKOFTT'S usual mental state.

I wasn't aware Usenet required being "informative". Is that new?
    Replying to a trolling post with a yawn is an excellent way of saying
    your post is boring, or uninteresting, or just crap. That's not trolling.

This is still an RV group with a written charter. Most of the political posts are still off topic. They are also obvious trolls for flames.

Of course they're off topic. I certainly didn't subscribe to do this.
    I have only seen one on-topic post since I've been here. But, it is
    what it is. Troll on.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Jun 6 19:10:15 2023
    On 6/6/2023 2:17 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this >>>>> year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that >>>>> drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>>>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of >>>>> Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting >>>>> the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>>>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was >>>>> attended by thousands, including a current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United >>>>> States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in >>>>> spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride >>>>> Northwest said in the release."

dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for >>>>> its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the >>>>> art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that
    developed into its present all-male theatrical form after women were >>>>> banned from performing in kabuki theatre in 1629. Kabuki developed

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural >>>>> Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with >>>>> subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone >>>>> into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views >>>> are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

TB

Yep, it's also on topic. I know you trolls hate it when someone interrupts your trolling with an on topic post. I can certainly see why on topic posts bore our average troll. I probably should stop doing that. LOL

Where is the on topic part?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Jun 7 00:19:02 2023

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this >>>>> year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that >>>>> drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>>>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of >>>>> Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting >>>>> the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>>>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was >>>>> attended by thousands, including a current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United >>>>> States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in >>>>> spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride >>>>> Northwest said in the release."

dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for >>>>> its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the >>>>> art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that
    developed into its present all-male theatrical form after women were >>>>> banned from performing in kabuki theatre in 1629. Kabuki developed

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural >>>>> Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with >>>>> subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone >>>>> into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--

What do you think, "I am not a troll" boy? How many times do you think
    you have trolled me with this exact same lame troll? Dozens? More than
    10, but less than a thousand?

TB

Hey, I'm proud to be a troll. There ain't nuthin' here, except for
    wall to wall trolls. RORT's most pompous troll, clumsy dodger, and self-anointed keeper of the topic is an excellent example. Posting "yawn" over and over is certainly not informative, Unless you think it's
    important to keep track of RORTSMPTCD&SAKOFTT'S usual mental state.

This is still an RV group with a written charter. Most of the
    political posts are still off topic. They are also obvious trolls for flames.

TB

Yawn.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to sticks on Wed Jun 7 00:19:04 2023
    sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:
    On 6/6/2023 2:17 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 7:10:55 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>>> Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:

The Portland Pride Parade won’t have a traditional Grand Marshal this >>>>>> year. Instead, the parade will be led by a concept: Drag.

What that means for the parade, scheduled this year for July 16, is that >>>>>> drag will feature prominently.

“We will have a diverse group of drag artists, of all ages, as part of >>>>>> the Grand Marshal contingent,” Debra Porta, the executive director of >>>>>> Pride Northwest, said in an email.

Pride Northwest referenced the long history of drag in America, noting >>>>>> the impact of Portland drag performer Walter Cole, who went by the stage >>>>>> name Darcelle XV. Cole died earlier this year and whose memorial was >>>>>> attended by thousands, including a current and former governor and Portland’s mayor.

Drag performances are increasingly under attack throughout the United >>>>>> States, with some states attempting to ban the art form.

“Drag performers all over the world still bring community together in >>>>>> spaces of joy and self-expression, no matter how old someone is,” Pride

dramatic performance with traditional dance. Kabuki theatre is known for >>>>>> its heavily stylised performances, its glamorous, highly decorated >>>>>> costumes, and for the elaborate kumadori make-up worn by some of its performers.

Kabuki is thought to have originated in the early Edo period, when the >>>>>> art's founder, Izumo no Okuni, formed a female dance troupe that
    developed into its present all-male theatrical form after women were >>>>>> banned from performing in kabuki theatre in 1629. Kabuki developed >>>>>> throughout the late 17th century and reached its zenith in the mid-18th century.

inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural >>>>>> Heritage of Humanity.[1]"

I saw the real deal in Japan. I thought it was great good fun, even >>>>>> though I don't understand the language. There's lots of color and
    movement. Here's an example. This is Kabuki theater for beginners, with >>>>>> subtitles. I don't think these drag performers are going to turn anyone >>>>>> into any sort of pervert.

TB

Yawn.

--

What do you think, "I am not a troll" boy? How many times do you think >>>> you have trolled me with this exact same lame troll? Dozens? More than >>>> 10, but less than a thousand?

TB

Yep, it's also on topic. I know you trolls hate it when someone
    interrupts your trolling with an on topic post. I can certainly see why
    on topic posts bore our average troll. I probably should stop doing that. LOL

Where is the on topic part?

Every once in a blue moon someone will post an RV related post. That’s not counting the Artful Dodger’s all Oregon, all the time occasional RV postS. Most of us are RV graybeards so not a lot is new in that world. Questions
    get asked. Questions get answered.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Jun 6 18:44:34 2023
    On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 5:07:17 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

Yawn.

--

TB
    You really don't know what a troll and trolling is. The "Yawn" response >> to your post is far short of anything that could be considered such.

Hey, I'm proud to be a troll. There ain't nuthin' here, except for wall to wall trolls. RORT's most pompous troll, clumsy dodger, and self-anointed keeper of the topic is an excellent example. Posting "yawn" over and over is certainly not informative,
    Unless you think it's important to keep track of RORTSMPTCD&SAKOFTT'S usual mental state.
    your post is boring, or uninteresting, or just crap. That's not trolling.
    what it is. Troll on.

Being informative has never been required, but it is useful if you want to claim you're doing something other than trolling. Your count is just as far off as the rest of you. Posts about RV destinations are specifically listed as being on topic. I
    expect that there will be a lot of Rvers around here for the Pride events. Believe it,or not, Portland and the rest of Oregon is a popular RV destination.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Jun 6 22:44:20 2023
    On 6/6/2023 8:44 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 5:07:17 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

Yawn.

--

TB
    You really don't know what a troll and trolling is. The "Yawn" response >>>> to your post is far short of anything that could be considered such.

your post is boring, or uninteresting, or just crap. That's not trolling. >>> This is still an RV group with a written charter. Most of the political posts are still off topic. They are also obvious trolls for flames.
    what it is. Troll on.

Being informative has never been required, but it is useful if you want to claim you're doing something other than trolling. Your count is just as far off as the rest of you. Posts about RV destinations are specifically listed as being on topic.
    I expect that there will be a lot of Rvers around here for the Pride events. Believe it,or not, Portland and the rest of Oregon is a popular RV destination.

Nah, that wasn't what you had in mind. You just wanted to troll about
    an alphabet parade and the people in drag. FWIW, I really don't care.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05