• How Chick-fil-A became a target for going Woke

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 2 07:18:54 2023
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.Right wing influencers? Whoever heard of such a thing. Everyone knows that lefties are the only ones who are "influenced".

"What happened?
    The fact that Chick-fil-A has been trending online and the subject of conservative media news segments shows the power that a few people with large social media followings can have.

In a series of tweets, including one that made a transphobic comment, right-wing political commentator Joey Mannarino earlier this week asked if people will the “boycott” the chain because of the company’s DEI efforts.

Shortly after, far-right personalities, including Charlie Kirk of Turning Point USA and Ian Miles Cheong, joined in.

What’s really going on?
    The target of their ire was Erick McReynolds, Chick-fil-A’s vice president of DEI, who’s held the position for about three years. Chick-fil-A says it is “committed to being better at together.”

“Our founder, Truett Cathy, believed that ‘a great company is a caring company,’” Chick-fil-A notes on its DEI web page. “At Chick-fil-A, Inc., our commitment is to approach this work with intention and humility, always believing the best in
    one another and striving for common ground.”

It’s unclear why McReynolds is getting attention from some conservatives now. The restaurant chain declined to comment about the so-called controversy and would not make McReynolds available for an interview."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/business/chick-fil-a-fake-controversy/index.html

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sat Jun 3 07:52:33 2023
    On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 7:18:56 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.Right wing influencers? Whoever heard of such a thing. Everyone knows that lefties are the only ones who are "influenced".

"What happened?
    The fact that Chick-fil-A has been trending online and the subject of conservative media news segments shows the power that a few people with large social media followings can have.

In a series of tweets, including one that made a transphobic comment, right-wing political commentator Joey Mannarino earlier this week asked if people will the “boycott” the chain because of the company’s DEI efforts.

Shortly after, far-right personalities, including Charlie Kirk of Turning Point USA and Ian Miles Cheong, joined in.

What’s really going on?
    The target of their ire was Erick McReynolds, Chick-fil-A’s vice president of DEI, who’s held the position for about three years. Chick-fil-A says it is “committed to being better at together.”

“Our founder, Truett Cathy, believed that ‘a great company is a caring company,’” Chick-fil-A notes on its DEI web page. “At Chick-fil-A, Inc., our commitment is to approach this work with intention and humility, always believing the best in
    one another and striving for common ground.”

It’s unclear why McReynolds is getting attention from some conservatives now. The restaurant chain declined to comment about the so-called controversy and would not make McReynolds available for an interview."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/business/chick-fil-a-fake-controversy/index.html

TB

"'No longer the Lord's chicken': 'Christian woman' says she's 'grieving' over 'woke' Chick-fil-A"

"A self-described "Christian woman" who is a contributor to the far-right wing students organization Turning Point USA, is being widely mocked for posting a video attacking Chick-fil-A over claims the conservative, privately-owned, faith-based fast food
    restaurant chain recently hired a diversity officer.

"So I'm grieving," the video, apparently by Morgonn McMichael (below), begins. "It's lunchtime. I'm here with Aubrey. And we really wanted some Chick-fil-A but because they decided to hire a diversity, equity and inclusion corporate position, and also
    bow down to the woke lord because their ESG scores, and also I found out do you know their chicken is funded by BlackRock and Vanguard? Yeah their farms, they use Tyson and this other farm, BlackRock and Vanguard funded chicken."

If you think that's a mouthful just wait, there's more.

"Chick-fil-A," Morgonn continues, "you are no longer the Lord's chicken. You're actually the woke chicken and I'm really upset about it as a Christian woman. All we wanted was some good fried chicken so now we're gonna go to Cane's, we're going to try it
    out.""
    [snip]

https://www.rawstory.com/chick-fil-a-woke/

It's a funny story. Cane's chicken joints have been on the Pride bandwagon for a long time and Chick-fil-A may have become too Christian for our radical "conservatives".

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dm_callier@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sat Jun 3 11:51:07 2023
    On Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 7:52:35 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote: <TheBigSnip>
    "Chick-fil-A," Morgonn continues, "you are no longer the Lord's chicken. You're actually the woke chicken and I'm really upset about it as a Christian woman. All we wanted was some good fried chicken so now we're gonna go to Cane's, we're going to try
    it out.""
    [snip]
    I have to admit I'm fascinated by the concept of a "woke chicken." Most of the chickens I know are bullies and not big fans of inclusivity, nor do they seem to give toss about social justice...and these are California chickens, mind you.

Enjoy the day,
    dmc

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 3 16:19:14 2023
    dm_callier wrote:
    On Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 7:52:35 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian
    wrote: <TheBigSnip>
    "Chick-fil-A," Morgonn continues, "you are no longer the Lord's
    chicken. You're actually the woke chicken and I'm really upset
    about it as a Christian woman. All we wanted was some good fried
    chicken so now we're gonna go to Cane's, we're going to try it
    out."" [snip]
    I have to admit I'm fascinated by the concept of a "woke chicken."

Wait, my son, 'til they start talking about communion chickens and
    consecrated chicken wafers.

Most of the chickens I know are bullies and not big fans of
    inclusivity, nor do they seem to give toss about social
    justice...and these are California chickens, mind you.

Enjoy the day, dmc

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05