• Volkswagen brings VW bus back to North American market after 20 years

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 2 07:32:49 2023
    "FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen will start selling battery-powered versions of its VW bus in North America from 2024 onwards, the carmaker said on Friday, in what marks the reintroduction of the iconic model after a two-decade hiatus.

The introduction of the fully electric ID. Buzz will also include an extra-long version that can seat up to seven passengers and features a larger 85 kilowatt hour (kWh) battery to increase range."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/volkswagen-brings-vw-bus-back-070844821.html

I hope they improved the suspension. I was never a fan of the original. I thought it combined a ridiculous 1930s technology engine with weak suspension. I had friends who liked them because they thought they were easy to work on. The problem was
    that they ended working on them all the time.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Fri Jun 2 12:24:15 2023
    On 6/2/2023 9:32 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

"FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen will start selling battery-powered versions of its VW bus in North America from 2024 onwards, the carmaker said on Friday, in what marks the reintroduction of the iconic model after a two-decade hiatus.

The introduction of the fully electric ID. Buzz will also include an extra-long version that can seat up to seven passengers and features a larger 85 kilowatt hour (kWh) battery to increase range."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/volkswagen-brings-vw-bus-back-070844821.html

I hope they improved the suspension. I was never a fan of the original. I thought it combined a ridiculous 1930s technology engine with weak suspension. I had friends who liked them because they thought they were easy to work on. The problem was
    that they ended working on them all the time.

TB

Volkswagons were an anomaly for Germans. Germans tend to over engineer
    things. For a "peoples' car" this would have been cost prohibitive.
    They are simple and cheaply made... at least the early models.

Kind of similar to today's RVs. Make them bullet proof and only Hunter
    Biden could afford one.
    --
    (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)