• The Great Controversy (book)

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 11 19:17:57 2023
    'The Great Controversy (book)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Controversy_(book)

I got a copy of this book today. I don't know why. It's addressed to me or current resident. Most likely it;s because I'm a registered Democrat, but it could be from the time I was a Republican. (That was a horrible experience.)

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book has also been printed and distributed by various independent initiatives. Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies of the book to residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014,
    after having already sent a million books to people in Manhattan and over 300,000 to people in Washington, D.C"

My copy came from those guys. Sticks should contact these guys for a copy of their book because;

""Above all, the book will point you to the One who alone can satisfy the deepest longing of your heart, and who will ultimately end the controversy between good and evil."

Oh my goodness gracious, blessed CERTAINTY! What could be wrong with that? LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sun May 14 08:39:11 2023
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:17:59 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:

I got a copy of this book today. I don't know why. It's addressed to me or current resident. Most likely it;s because I'm a registered Democrat, but it could be from the time I was a Republican. (That was a horrible experience.)

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book has also been printed and distributed by various independent initiatives. Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies of the book to residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014,
    after having already sent a million books to people in Manhattan and over 300,000 to people in Washington, D.C"

My copy came from those guys. Sticks should contact these guys for a copy of their book because;

""Above all, the book will point you to the One who alone can satisfy the deepest longing of your heart, and who will ultimately end the controversy between good and evil."

"A Michigan Nonprofit Is Blanketing Portland in Religious Literature
    Remnant Publications has previously targeted other cities it believes to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield
    May 13, 2023 at 6:44 pm PDT
    Portlanders of all stripes have opened their mailboxes in the past week to find, to their surprise, an unsolicited copy of The Great Controversy.

The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story behind the Vatican’s rising influence in America.” It was written in 1858, and is now being mass distributed by a 34-year-old
    family-run nonprofit in Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of blanketing cities across the United States with evangelizing texts.

As a nonprofit, Remnant enjoys “significantly reduced” postage rates from the U.S. Postal Service, which is already substantially subsidized by taxpayers. (USPS reported a $1 billion loss in January alone.)

But the unsolicited gifts have annoyed many Portlanders, who have taken to social media to decry the waste of paper and postage.

Portland is only Remnant’s latest target. A webpage on its website solicits donations to the “Great Controversy Project,” which “helps Remnant Publications do mass distributions of The Great Controversy in major cities and even whole states
    across North America.”

It raised $8 million in 2020 and paid a total of $140,000 in income to the three men who run it, according to its latest public filing with the Internal Revenue Service.

Remnant Publications has previously sent millions of copies of the book to Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Most recently, its blanketed ZIP codes in West Virginia and Vermont. Now, it has shifted focus to Portland.

“Will you please help Remnant Publications place this precious book in the hands of dear souls in Portland, OR?” the website asks, before soliciting a $1,000 donation.

Remnant Publications did not return a request for comment. But Portland’s selection may not be random.

In 2016, the Chicago Tribune reported that the Windy City had been similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s CEO, Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings: “The biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody to
    have a better way of life. That’s the whole reason for this,” he said.

Better in what way, though? What succor can Portlanders troubled by random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to be a consideration of the growing influence of the
    Catholic Church on American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to White’s contention that the most violent divide among Christians will soon be whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2023/05/13/a-michigan-nonprofit-is-blanketing-portland-in-religious-literature/

But, but, but, I don't even live in Portland, and I'm a heathen who can't decide if everyday is a sabbath day, or none of them. After I glanced at it to see what it was about I tossed my copy in the trash. Where it belonged.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sun May 14 11:20:25 2023
    On 5/14/2023 10:39 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

Remnant Publications has previously targeted other cities it believes to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield
    Portlanders of all stripes have opened their mailboxes in the past week to find, to their surprise, an unsolicited copy of The Great Controversy.

The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story behind the Vatican’s rising influence in America.” It was written in 1858, and is now being mass distributed by a 34-year-
    old family-run nonprofit in Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of blanketing cities across the United States with evangelizing texts.

As a nonprofit, Remnant enjoys “significantly reduced” postage rates from the U.S. Postal Service, which is already substantially subsidized by taxpayers. (USPS reported a $1 billion loss in January alone.)

But the unsolicited gifts have annoyed many Portlanders, who have taken to social media to decry the waste of paper and postage.

Portland is only Remnant’s latest target. A webpage on its website solicits donations to the “Great Controversy Project,” which “helps Remnant Publications do mass distributions of The Great Controversy in major cities and even whole states
    across North America.”

It raised $8 million in 2020 and paid a total of $140,000 in income to the three men who run it, according to its latest public filing with the Internal Revenue Service.

Remnant Publications has previously sent millions of copies of the book to Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Most recently, its blanketed ZIP codes in West Virginia and Vermont. Now, it has shifted focus to Portland.

“Will you please help Remnant Publications place this precious book in the hands of dear souls in Portland, OR?” the website asks, before soliciting a $1,000 donation.

Remnant Publications did not return a request for comment. But Portland’s selection may not be random.

In 2016, the Chicago Tribune reported that the Windy City had been similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s CEO, Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings: “The biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody
    to have a better way of life. That’s the whole reason for this,” he said.

Better in what way, though? What succor can Portlanders troubled by random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to be a consideration of the growing influence of
    the Catholic Church on American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to White’s contention that the most violent divide among Christians will soon be whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2023/05/13/a-michigan-nonprofit-is-blanketing-portland-in-religious-literature/

But, but, but, I don't even live in Portland, and I'm a heathen who can't decide if everyday is a sabbath day, or none of them. After I glanced at it to see what it was about I tossed my copy in the trash. Where it belonged.

TB

Therefore you don't believe Portland is plagued by social problems. You
    aren't living under a rock, you live under El Capitan.
    --
    (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sun May 14 12:38:28 2023

By Lucas Manfield

The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story behind the Vatican’s rising influence in America.” It was written in 1858, and is now being mass distributed by a 34-year-
    old family-run nonprofit in Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of blanketing cities across the United States with evangelizing texts.

across North America.”

In 2016, the Chicago Tribune reported that the Windy City had been similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s CEO, Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings: “The biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody

Better in what way, though? What succor can Portlanders troubled by random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to be a consideration of the growing influence of
    the Catholic Church on American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to White’s contention that the most violent divide among Christians will soon be whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

TB

Do you do that with the Qur'an and then boast about it, too? Just
    wondering how far your tolerant Paganism goes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sun May 14 14:17:55 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:17:59 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian
    wrote:

I got a copy of this book today. I don't know why. It's addressed
    to me or current resident. Most likely it;s because I'm a
    registered Democrat, but it could be from the time I was a
    Republican. (That was a horrible experience.)

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book
    has also been printed and distributed by various independent
    initiatives. Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies
    of the book to residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014,
    after having already sent a million books to people in Manhattan
    and over 300,000 to people in Washington, D.C"

My copy came from those guys. Sticks should contact these guys
    for a copy of their book because;

""Above all, the book will point you to the One who alone can
    satisfy the deepest longing of your heart, and who will
    ultimately end the controversy between good and evil."

Oh my goodness gracious, blessed CERTAINTY! What could be wrong
    with that? LOL

"A Michigan Nonprofit Is Blanketing Portland in Religious
    Literature Remnant Publications has previously targeted other
    cities it believes to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield May 13, 2023 at 6:44 pm PDT Portlanders of all
    stripes have opened their mailboxes in the past week to find, to
    their surprise, an unsolicited copy of The Great Controversy.

The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the
    Seventh-day Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story
    behind the Vatican’s rising influence in America.” It was written in 1858, and is now being mass distributed by a 34-year-old family-run nonprofit in Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of
    blanketing cities across the United States with evangelizing
    texts.

As a nonprofit, Remnant enjoys “significantly reduced” postage rates from the U.S. Postal Service, which is already substantially
    subsidized by taxpayers. (USPS reported a $1 billion loss in
    January alone.)

But the unsolicited gifts have annoyed many Portlanders, who have
    taken to social media to decry the waste of paper and postage.

Portland is only Remnant’s latest target. A webpage on its
    website solicits donations to the “Great Controversy Project,” which “helps Remnant Publications do mass distributions of The
    Great Controversy in major cities and even whole states across
    North America.”

It raised $8 million in 2020 and paid a total of $140,000 in income
    to the three men who run it, according to its latest public filing
    with the Internal Revenue Service.

Remnant Publications has previously sent millions of copies of the
    book to Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Most recently, its
    blanketed ZIP codes in West Virginia and Vermont. Now, it has
    shifted focus to Portland.

“Will you please help Remnant Publications place this precious
    book in the hands of dear souls in Portland, OR?” the website
    asks, before soliciting a $1,000 donation.

In 2016, the Chicago Tribune reported that the Windy City had been
    similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s
    CEO, Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings:
    “The biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody to have a
    better way of life. That’s the whole reason for this,” he
    said.

Better in what way, though? What succor can Portlanders troubled by
    random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to
    be a consideration of the growing influence of the Catholic Church
    on American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to
    White’s contention that the most violent divide among Christians
    will soon be whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

But, but, but, I don't even live in Portland, and I'm a heathen
    who can't decide if everyday is a sabbath day, or none of them.
    After I glanced at it to see what it was about I tossed my copy in
    the trash. Where it belonged.

Whine, whinge, moan, groan, bitch, and complain. We've had the JW's
    literally knock on our door countless times over the years, and we
    didn't even have the option of throwing them in the trash. So, look,
    like, at the end of the day going forward, count your.....ummmm......blessings.

BTW and hey and let me be clear. If you were literally, like, worth a
    damn as a compassionate self-identified Dem, instead of just
    outrageously uncaringly tossing it in the trash, you would have given
    the book to an unfairly disadvantaged unhomed person to wipe with, or
    to wrap their leftover dumpster-sourced food to keep those filthy
    shiny green flies off of it.

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to bfh on Sun May 14 19:30:25 2023
    On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 11:18:00 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:17:59 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian
    wrote:

I got a copy of this book today. I don't know why. It's addressed
    to me or current resident. Most likely it;s because I'm a
    registered Democrat, but it could be from the time I was a
    Republican. (That was a horrible experience.)

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book
    has also been printed and distributed by various independent
    initiatives. Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies
    of the book to residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014,
    after having already sent a million books to people in Manhattan
    and over 300,000 to people in Washington, D.C"

My copy came from those guys. Sticks should contact these guys
    for a copy of their book because;

""Above all, the book will point you to the One who alone can
    satisfy the deepest longing of your heart, and who will
    ultimately end the controversy between good and evil."

Oh my goodness gracious, blessed CERTAINTY! What could be wrong
    with that? LOL

"A Michigan Nonprofit Is Blanketing Portland in Religious
    Literature Remnant Publications has previously targeted other
    cities it believes to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield May 13, 2023 at 6:44 pm PDT Portlanders of all
    stripes have opened their mailboxes in the past week to find, to
    their surprise, an unsolicited copy of The Great Controversy.

The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the
    Seventh-day Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story behind the Vatican’s rising influence in America.†It was written in 1858, and is now being mass distributed by a 34-year-old family-run nonprofit in Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of blanketing cities across the United States with evangelizing
    texts.

As a nonprofit, Remnant enjoys “significantly reduced†postage rates from the U.S. Postal Service, which is already substantially subsidized by taxpayers. (USPS reported a $1 billion loss in
    January alone.)

But the unsolicited gifts have annoyed many Portlanders, who have
    taken to social media to decry the waste of paper and postage.

Portland is only Remnant’s latest target. A webpage on its
    website solicits donations to the “Great Controversy Project,†which “helps Remnant Publications do mass distributions of The
    Great Controversy in major cities and even whole states across
    North America.â€

It raised $8 million in 2020 and paid a total of $140,000 in income
    to the three men who run it, according to its latest public filing
    with the Internal Revenue Service.

Remnant Publications has previously sent millions of copies of the
    book to Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Most recently, its
    blanketed ZIP codes in West Virginia and Vermont. Now, it has
    shifted focus to Portland.

“Will you please help Remnant Publications place this precious
    book in the hands of dear souls in Portland, OR?†the website
    asks, before soliciting a $1,000 donation.

In 2016, the Chicago Tribune reported that the Windy City had been similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s
    CEO, Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings:
    “The biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody to have a better way of life. That’s the whole reason for this,†he
    said.

random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to
    be a consideration of the growing influence of the Catholic Church
    on American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to
    White’s contention that the most violent divide among Christians will soon be whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

But, but, but, I don't even live in Portland, and I'm a heathen
    who can't decide if everyday is a sabbath day, or none of them.
    After I glanced at it to see what it was about I tossed my copy in
    the trash. Where it belonged.
    Whine, whinge, moan, groan, bitch, and complain. We've had the JW's literally knock on our door countless times over the years, and we
    didn't even have the option of throwing them in the trash. So, look,
    like, at the end of the day going forward, count your.....ummmm......blessings.

BTW and hey and let me be clear. If you were literally, like, worth a
    damn as a compassionate self-identified Dem, instead of just
    outrageously uncaringly tossing it in the trash, you would have given
    the book to an unfairly disadvantaged unhomed person to wipe with, or
    to wrap their leftover dumpster-sourced food to keep those filthy
    shiny green flies off of it.

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

You and our jive ass troll are making just a shit ton of ridiculous assumptions. For starters: I AM NOT COMPLAINING!" If anything, I'm bragging. Not just anyone gets a free copy of that book without even asking for it. WE'RE SPECIAL!.

I actually miss the Jesus jumpers and assorted religious nuts we used to get. I sometimes enjoy playing with them. They must keep some sort of record. Most of the major groups stop sending people to my house. Most of what we were getting here was
    people looking Spanish speakers, and I'm not going to rat out my neighbors to those people. I've seen people targeting bus stops that really couldn't deal with anyone who didn't speak Spanish. I tried to explain it to the last guy who tried to sell me
    his God at a bus stop. He has stopped his car across the street just so he could talk to me. I don't think he really understood. It took him awhile to understand that he needed to get further away from me with that thing, but he did eventually. I told
    him he was selling and I wasn't buying. He said they weren't asking for any money. I pointed out that sooner or later someone would ask for money because the "church" needed it.

My favorite Jesus Jumper was hauling his cute teenage daughter around with him. At least he said she was his daughter. It looked like she was a prize I could win if I played my cards right. I *obviously* needed to be saved.

I threw that book in the trash because I think you need to be careful how you handle toxic material. I've seen how recycled material is handled so I didn't put it in the recycling bin. I worked for a recycling place as a driver many years ago.
    Some of what they recycled was pornographic. For months that stuff was spread all over the floor. I don't object to pornograhpy, but it was surreal walking on random porn as just an ordinary part of the job. At least porn is people making love. That book
    is people making hate and using the Bible to help them do it.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Mon May 15 06:53:07 2023
    On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 10:38:32 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book has also been printed and distributed by various independent initiatives. Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies of the book to residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in
    2014, after having already sent a million books to people in Manhattan and over 300,000 to people in Washington, D.C"

"A Michigan Nonprofit Is Blanketing Portland in Religious Literature Remnant Publications has previously targeted other cities it believes to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield

across North America.”

TB

I am not totally opposed to other religions. I was raised as a Christian. I have known people from just about any religious tradition you can name and liked some of them. BUT, as practiced, many religions tend to be toxic. Any religious material
    that is thrust on me when I wasn't looking for it is likely to end up in the trash. When I find religious material that was randomly scattered around I'm likely to behave like someone who is concerned about the environment I live in and place it in an
    appropriate receptacle.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Mon May 15 14:06:04 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:17:59 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote: >>>> 'The Great Controversy (book)

I got a copy of this book today. I don't know why. It's addressed to
    me or current resident. Most likely it;s because I'm a registered
    Democrat, but it could be from the time I was a Republican. (That was
    a horrible experience.)

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book has
    also been printed and distributed by various independent initiatives.
    Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies of the book to
    residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014, after having already
    sent a million books to people in Manhattan and over 300,000 to people >>>> in Washington, D.C"

My copy came from those guys. Sticks should contact these guys for a
    copy of their book because;

""Above all, the book will point you to the One who alone can satisfy
    the deepest longing of your heart, and who will ultimately end the
    controversy between good and evil."

Remnant Publications has previously targeted other cities it believes
    to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield
    Portlanders of all stripes have opened their mailboxes in the past week
    to find, to their surprise, an unsolicited copy of The Great Controversy. >>>
    The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the Seventh-day
    Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story behind the
    Vatican’s rising influence in America.” It was written in 1858, and is >>> now being mass distributed by a 34-year-old family-run nonprofit in
    Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of blanketing cities across the
    United States with evangelizing texts.

As a nonprofit, Remnant enjoys “significantly reduced” postage rates >>> from the U.S. Postal Service, which is already substantially subsidized
    by taxpayers. (USPS reported a $1 billion loss in January alone.)

But the unsolicited gifts have annoyed many Portlanders, who have taken
    to social media to decry the waste of paper and postage.

Portland is only Remnant’s latest target. A webpage on its website
    solicits donations to the “Great Controversy Project,” which “helps >>> Remnant Publications do mass distributions of The Great Controversy in
    major cities and even whole states across North America.”

It raised $8 million in 2020 and paid a total of $140,000 in income to
    the three men who run it, according to its latest public filing with
    the Internal Revenue Service.

Remnant Publications has previously sent millions of copies of the book
    to Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Most recently, its blanketed ZIP
    codes in West Virginia and Vermont. Now, it has shifted focus to Portland. >>>
    “Will you please help Remnant Publications place this precious book in >>> the hands of dear souls in Portland, OR?” the website asks, before
    soliciting a $1,000 donation.

Remnant Publications did not return a request for comment. But
    Portland’s selection may not be random.

similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s CEO,
    Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings: “The
    biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody to have a better way of
    life. That’s the whole reason for this,” he said.

random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great >>> Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to be a
    consideration of the growing influence of the Catholic Church on
    American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to White’s
    contention that the most violent divide among Christians will soon be
    whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

But, but, but, I don't even live in Portland, and I'm a heathen who
    can't decide if everyday is a sabbath day, or none of them. After I
    glanced at it to see what it was about I tossed my copy in the trash. Where it belonged.

TB

I am not totally opposed to other religions. I was raised as a Christian. I have known people from just about any religious tradition
    you can name and liked some of them. BUT, as practiced, many religions
    tend to be toxic. Any religious material that is thrust on me when I
    wasn't looking for it is likely to end up in the trash. When I find
    religious material that was randomly scattered around I'm likely to
    behave like someone who is concerned about the environment I live in and place it in an appropriate receptacle.

TB

But it’s okay for the LGBTQABCLMNOPXYZ community to thrust their BS on all
    of us who aren’t looking for it. Go crack open a cold Bud Lite and rethink your unexplainable allegiance to the terminally sick liberal nut cases.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views
    are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Mon May 15 09:10:05 2023
    On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 7:08:01 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:17:59 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote: >>>> 'The Great Controversy (book)

I got a copy of this book today. I don't know why. It's addressed to >>>> me or current resident. Most likely it;s because I'm a registered
    Democrat, but it could be from the time I was a Republican. (That was >>>> a horrible experience.)

"In addition to the major Adventist publishing houses, the book has >>>> also been printed and distributed by various independent initiatives. >>>> Remnant Publications sent more than 350,000 copies of the book to
    residents of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014, after having already >>>> sent a million books to people in Manhattan and over 300,000 to people >>>> in Washington, D.C"

My copy came from those guys. Sticks should contact these guys for a >>>> copy of their book because;

""Above all, the book will point you to the One who alone can satisfy >>>> the deepest longing of your heart, and who will ultimately end the
    controversy between good and evil."

Remnant Publications has previously targeted other cities it believes >>> to be plagued by social problems."

By Lucas Manfield
    Portlanders of all stripes have opened their mailboxes in the past week >>> to find, to their surprise, an unsolicited copy of The Great Controversy.

The 473-page paperback book authored by the founder of the Seventh-day >>> Adventist Church promises to tell the “untold story behind the
    Vatican’s rising influence in America.” It was written in 1858, and is
    now being mass distributed by a 34-year-old family-run nonprofit in
    Coldwater, Mich., that has made a habit of blanketing cities across the >>> United States with evangelizing texts.

As a nonprofit, Remnant enjoys “significantly reduced” postage rates >>> from the U.S. Postal Service, which is already substantially subsidized >>> by taxpayers. (USPS reported a $1 billion loss in January alone.)

But the unsolicited gifts have annoyed many Portlanders, who have taken >>> to social media to decry the waste of paper and postage.

Portland is only Remnant’s latest target. A webpage on its website
    solicits donations to the “Great Controversy Project,” which “helps
    Remnant Publications do mass distributions of The Great Controversy in >>> major cities and even whole states across North America.”

It raised $8 million in 2020 and paid a total of $140,000 in income to >>> the three men who run it, according to its latest public filing with
    the Internal Revenue Service.

Remnant Publications has previously sent millions of copies of the book >>> to Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Most recently, its blanketed ZIP >>> codes in West Virginia and Vermont. Now, it has shifted focus to Portland.

“Will you please help Remnant Publications place this precious book in >>> the hands of dear souls in Portland, OR?” the website asks, before
    soliciting a $1,000 donation.

Remnant Publications did not return a request for comment. But
    Portland’s selection may not be random.

similarly targeted due to its crime problems. The nonprofit’s CEO,
    Dwight Hall, explained his reasoning for the mass mailings: “The
    biggest thing is [the donors] can help somebody to have a better way of >>> life. That’s the whole reason for this,” he said.

random dog attacks and squatters’ den fires hope to take from The Great
    Controversy, written by Ellen G. White? The book purports to be a
    consideration of the growing influence of the Catholic Church on
    American life (a spicy topic in 1858) before pivoting to White’s
    contention that the most violent divide among Christians will soon be >>> whether the Sabbath falls on Saturday or Sunday."

But, but, but, I don't even live in Portland, and I'm a heathen who
    can't decide if everyday is a sabbath day, or none of them. After I
    glanced at it to see what it was about I tossed my copy in the trash. Where it belonged.

TB

I am not totally opposed to other religions. I was raised as a
    Christian. I have known people from just about any religious tradition
    you can name and liked some of them. BUT, as practiced, many religions tend to be toxic. Any religious material that is thrust on me when I wasn't looking for it is likely to end up in the trash. When I find religious material that was randomly scattered around I'm likely to
    behave like someone who is concerned about the environment I live in and place it in an appropriate receptacle.

TB

But it’s okay for the LGBTQABCLMNOPXYZ community to thrust their BS on all of us who aren’t looking for it. Go crack open a cold Bud Lite and rethink your unexplainable allegiance to the terminally sick liberal nut cases.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

I only decide what is right for one person. Unlike our radical lol "conservatives", I believe in freedom of expression. If you don't want to see or hear any of it, how you deal with it is your decision.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05