• OT? - How Long Can They Tread Water

From George Anthony@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 1 21:48:45 2023
    Bwah Hah Hah

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-deactivates-comments-latest-country-themed-ad-dylan-mulvaney-backlash
    --
    (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to George Anthony on Mon May 1 23:55:02 2023
    George Anthony wrote:
    Bwah Hah Hah

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-deactivates-comments-latest-country-themed-ad-dylan-mulvaney-backlash

At the end of the day going forward, I allege that it might be time
    for TB to dump his Advertising Consultant license.

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to bfh on Tue May 2 08:14:09 2023
    On Monday, May 1, 2023 at 8:55:05 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
    George Anthony wrote:
    Bwah Hah Hah

At the end of the day going forward, I allege that it might be time
    for TB to dump his Advertising Consultant license.

--
    bill

I have never claimed any expertise other than working as a foot soldier in the business. In my experience with big corporations everyone knows what's going on at all times. As I have noted elsewhere I still think the only mistake Budweiser made
    was failing to follow through. Their non-apology was a huge mistake. They pissed off people on both sides of the culture war.

How long can they tread water? Forever. This is a big international company. Their stock is still about 50% higher than its low point earlier in the last year.

This is what a real expert had to say about it, which isn't all that different from what I've been saying:

"AB InBev should defy the Bud Light culture war
    A rightwing US boycott over the beer’s use of the transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney is mostly froth"

"Bud Light is a fading asset that needs to regain some cachet among millennials and Gen-Zers: never mind gender inclusivity, that is economic reality. As Heinerscheid admitted with admirable honesty in a podcast interview: “If we do not attract young
    drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light.”"

https://www.ft.com/content/3a84b28c-912a-4805-b942-13e597766a93?ftcamp=traffic/partner/feed_headline/us_yahoo/auddev

I still expect that Budweiser will eventually come out solidly opposed to bigotry. If nothing else, I expect far right nutcases to force them into that position.

"Shooting at Budweiser Event Center leads to pursuit and arrest"

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/shooting-budweiser-event-center-leads-pursuit-arrest/

TB

"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue May 2 10:41:09 2023
    On 5/2/2023 10:14 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    I still expect that Budweiser will eventually come out solidly opposed to bigotry. If nothing else, I expect far right nutcases to force them into that position.

Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it would need
    to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The
    only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your
    position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says
    they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born
    are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as
    you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you
    call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue May 2 10:11:41 2023
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 8:41:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born

There is no science that explains what causes gender dysphoria. From what I have seen I suspect that there are many different causes, ranging from insanity to small differences in brain chemistry. There is only one known cure and it's highly
    effective. The friend I mentioned is living a happy productive life. I think she probably fell into the latter category. Her hormones were a bit wonky and she already had a very slim feminine body. He father's hormone balance was even more wonky. Except
    for his former wife, we were all surprised to find out he was a deeply closeted gay man.

Despite our labels gender is not strictly black or white. Many people fall somewhere in between.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed May 3 10:00:08 2023
    On 5/2/2023 12:11 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would
    consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing
    perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born

There is no science that explains what causes gender dysphoria. From what I have seen I suspect that there are many different causes, ranging from insanity to small differences in brain chemistry. There is only one known cure and it's highly
    effective. The friend I mentioned is living a happy productive life. I think she probably fell into the latter category. Her hormones were a bit wonky and she already had a very slim feminine body. He father's hormone balance was even more wonky. Except
    for his former wife, we were all surprised to find out he was a deeply closeted gay man.

Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of
    these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category
    your he/she friend falls into.

Despite our labels gender is not strictly black or white. Many people fall somewhere in between.

Not really. There are two genders and many mental health disorders.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Wed May 3 16:06:14 2023
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 8:00:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it would need >> to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The
    position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says >> they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would >> consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born >> are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as

"Intersex" is just one example. I don't expect you to understand much. You obviously think in terms of stark black and white.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/sex-gender-identity/whats-intersex#:~:text=What%20does%20intersex%20mean%3F,male%E2%80%9D%20or%20%E2%80%9Cfemale%E2%80%9D.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed May 3 19:38:33 2023
    On 5/3/2023 6:06 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it would need >>>> to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The
    position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says >>>> they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would >>>> consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing >>>> perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born >>>> are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as
    you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you >>>> call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care.

"Intersex" is just one example. I don't expect you to understand much. You obviously think in terms of stark black and white.

I knew you would say this. Intersex is not a gender. It is a condition
    and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this
    and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female.
    Duh. You got any more stupid shit to say?

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/sex-gender-identity/whats-intersex#:~:text=What%20does%20intersex%20mean%3F,male%E2%80%9D%20or%20%E2%80%9Cfemale%E2%80%9D.

Link not read. PlannedButcherHood had nothing to say of value.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Thu May 4 07:04:52 2023
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 5:40:28 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it would need >>>> to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says >>>> they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would >>>> consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing >>>> perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born
    are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as >>>> you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you >>>> call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care.

these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category >> your he/she friend falls into.

Plastic surgery has never changed anyone's gender. The doctors can "assign" a physical gender, but that will not change what's going on in someone's head. There have been many cases where the doctors "assigned" a gender and turned out to be wrong.
    No surgeon can turn you into a woman. What makes you a man or a woman or something in between is what's going on in your head. The doctors haven't figured out how to change that.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu May 4 12:23:12 2023
    On 5/4/2023 9:04 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it would need >>>>>> to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says >>>>>> they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would >>>>>> consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing >>>>>> perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born >>>>>> are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as >>>>>> you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you >>>>>> call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care.

these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category >>>> your he/she friend falls into.

Plastic surgery has never changed anyone's gender. The doctors can "assign" a physical gender, but that will not change what's going on in someone's head. There have been many cases where the doctors "assigned" a gender and turned out to be wrong.
    No surgeon can turn you into a woman. What makes you a man or a woman or something in between is what's going on in your head. The doctors haven't figured out how to change that.

TB

NO! What makes you a man or woman is what you were born with. I don't
    care what people think they are or want to be that's how it is.

I seldom agree with Bill Maher but this really nails it.

“... kids do have phases. Kids are fluid about eveything. If they know
    at age 8 what they wanted to be, the world would be filled with cowboys
    and princesses.” He recalled, “I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery.” - Bill Maher

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu May 4 12:58:10 2023
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it would need >>>>>> to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says >>>>>> they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many would >>>>>> consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing >>>>>> perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born >>>>>> are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as >>>>>> you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you >>>>>> call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care.

these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category >>>> your he/she friend falls into.

Plastic surgery has never changed anyone's gender.

What did your friend cut his dick off for them?

The doctors can "assign" a physical gender, but that will not change what's going on in someone's head.

I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he
    didn't already think he was not a man.

There have been many cases where the doctors "assigned" a gender and turned out to be wrong.

There certainly have been cases where intersex individuals who had
    procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite procedure. So what? They have a biological condition that is rare and
    one would hope those involved did they best they could with a difficult situation.

Hogwash. Of course a surgery will not turn you into a woman if you were
    born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man. You just won't have your Peter
    anymore. Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think
    they should, and live as if you were a woman. You'd still be a man.

Your view of what gender is, is a relatively new idea. Historically, it
    was used to mean the same thing as "sex." Yet in more conservative
    times, sex also meant the act of sexual intercourse. In the 1970's
    academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an individual presents themselves in society. In the 2010's it made it's
    way to the general public and the left has taken advantage of this to
    rally it's base on several fronts. Leftists have a way of distorting
    truth for political purposes and this isn't surprising. The two main
    features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain
    power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued
    attacks on religion and people of faith.

Feel free to believe your man friend is now a woman, not because he cut
    his dick off, but because he says so. His 23rd chromosome says different.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to George Anthony on Thu May 4 13:02:40 2023
    On 5/4/2023 12:23 PM, George Anthony wrote:
    I still expect that Budweiser will eventually come out solidly >>>>>>>> opposed to bigotry. If nothing else, I expect far right nutcases >>>>>>>> to force them into that position.
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it
    would need
    to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since
    science says
    they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many >>>>>>> would
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left >>>>>>> wing
    perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once
    you're born
    are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to
    live as
    you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just
    because you

There is no science that explains what causes gender dysphoria.
    From what I have seen I suspect that there are many different
    causes, ranging from insanity to small differences in brain
    chemistry. There is only one known cure and it's highly effective. >>>>>> The friend I mentioned is living a happy productive life. I think
    she probably fell into the latter category. Her hormones were a
    bit wonky and she already had a very slim feminine body. He
    father's hormone balance was even more wonky. Except for his
    former wife, we were all surprised to find out he was a deeply
    closeted gay man.
    Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of >>>>> these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the
    category
    Despite our labels gender is not strictly black or white. Many
    people fall somewhere in between.

"Intersex" is just one example. I don't expect you to understand
    much. You obviously think in terms of stark black and white.
    and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this >>> and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female.

Plastic surgery has never changed anyone's gender. The doctors
    can "assign" a physical gender, but that will not change what's going
    on in someone's head. There have been many cases where the doctors
    "assigned" a gender and turned out to be wrong. No surgeon can turn
    you into a woman. What makes you a man or a woman or something in
    between is what's going on in your head. The doctors haven't figured
    out how to change that.

TB

NO! What makes you a man or woman is what you were born with. I don't
    care what people think they are or want to be that's how it is.

I seldom agree with Bill Maher but this really nails it.

“... kids do have phases. Kids are fluid about eveything. If they know
    at age 8 what they wanted to be, the world would be filled with cowboys
    and princesses.” He recalled, “I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery.” - Bill Maher

I saw a good meme a couple days ago that was very good. It was a
    typical kitchen scene around the 1960's with a mother and daughter
    making cookies or something. It was titled Proper Gender Affirming Care
    or something along those lines. The little girl said to her mother that
    she thinks that she's a boy, as a million little girls do. The mother
    looks at her and says, "Well, you're not!"

Perfectly done.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Anthony@21:1/5 to sticks on Thu May 4 13:43:47 2023
    On 5/4/2023 12:58 PM, sticks wrote:
    I still expect that Budweiser will eventually come out solidly >>>>>>>> opposed to bigotry. If nothing else, I expect far right nutcases >>>>>>>> to force them into that position.
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier. To be bigotry it
    would need
    to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since
    science says
    they can't, standing up for science is not unreasonable, and many >>>>>>> would
    families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left >>>>>>> wing
    perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once
    you're born
    are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to
    live as
    you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just
    because you

There is no science that explains what causes gender dysphoria.
    From what I have seen I suspect that there are many different
    causes, ranging from insanity to small differences in brain
    chemistry. There is only one known cure and it's highly effective. >>>>>> The friend I mentioned is living a happy productive life. I think
    she probably fell into the latter category. Her hormones were a
    bit wonky and she already had a very slim feminine body. He
    father's hormone balance was even more wonky. Except for his
    former wife, we were all surprised to find out he was a deeply
    closeted gay man.
    Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of >>>>> these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the
    category
    Despite our labels gender is not strictly black or white. Many
    people fall somewhere in between.

"Intersex" is just one example. I don't expect you to understand
    much. You obviously think in terms of stark black and white.
    and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this >>> and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female.

The doctors can "assign" a physical gender, but that will not change
    what's going on in someone's head.

I would hope not.  I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he didn't already think he was not a man.

There have been many cases where the doctors "assigned" a gender and
    turned out to be wrong.

procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite procedure.  So what?  They have a biological condition that is rare and
    one would hope those involved did they best they could with a difficult situation.

No surgeon can turn you into a woman. What makes you a man or a woman
    or something in between is what's going on in your head. The doctors
    haven't figured out how to change that.

Hogwash.  Of course a surgery will not turn you into a woman if you were born a man.  You will ALWAYS be a man.  You just won't have your Peter anymore.  Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think
    they should, and live as if you were a woman.  You'd still be a man.

Your view of what gender is, is a relatively new idea.  Historically, it
    was used to mean the same thing as "sex."  Yet in more conservative
    times, sex also meant the act of sexual intercourse.  In the 1970's
    academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an individual presents themselves in society.  In the 2010's it made it's
    rally it's base on several fronts.  Leftists have a way of distorting
    truth for political purposes and this isn't surprising.  The two main features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain
    power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued attacks on religion and people of faith.

his dick off, but because he says so.  His 23rd chromosome says different.

Liberalism has co-opted the English language to make everything sound
    more acceptable, e.g., gay vs. homosexual, trans vs. transvestite,
    gender vs. sex, little people vs midget, physically challenged vs.
    handicapped, mentally challenged vs. progressive, progressive vs.
    liberal, liberal vs. ...dumb ass.

Redefining or renaming doesn't change what it is.

"...the boy who, when asked how many legs his calf would have if he
    called its tail a leg, replied, ” Five,” to which the prompt response
    (by Abraham Lincoln) was made that calling the tail a leg would not make
    it a leg."
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to George Anthony on Thu May 4 13:55:52 2023
    On 5/4/2023 1:43 PM, George Anthony wrote:

Liberalism has co-opted the English language to make everything sound
    more acceptable, e.g., gay vs. homosexual, trans vs. transvestite,
    gender vs. sex, little people vs midget, physically challenged vs. handicapped, mentally challenged vs. progressive, progressive vs.
    liberal, liberal vs. ...dumb ass.

Redefining or renaming doesn't change what it is.

Don't forget the worst one that apparently even the UN is pushing.
    They've decided on calling pedophiles minor attracted people to try and minimize the stigma associated with an adult having sex with a child.
    Fucking perverts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Thu May 4 19:59:58 2023
    On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 10:58:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says
    are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as >>>>>> you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you

Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of >>>> these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category >>>> your he/she friend falls into.

and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this >> and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female.

The doctors can "assign" a physical gender, but that will not change what's going on in someone's head.
    I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he didn't already think he was not a man.
    There have been many cases where the doctors "assigned" a gender and turned out to be wrong.
    There certainly have been cases where intersex individuals who had procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite procedure. So what? They have a biological condition that is rare and
    born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man. You just won't have your Peter anymore. Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think

academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an individual presents themselves in society. In the 2010's it made it's
    truth for political purposes and this isn't surprising. The two main features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued attacks on religion and people of faith.

I hope you understand that I do not expect to convince you of anything. That rarely happens here, if ever. For me this is just a mental exercise and I hope maybe someone else might find something of value here.

Trans people are not all alike. They don't all get the same procedures for a variety of reasons. Our friend had to have her balls cut off because she didn't want all that testosterone to make her look like a man. She really didn't want a beard. She
    had been taking drugs to suppress the testosterone, but there are limits on how long you can do that without causing liver damage. That will probably be her only surgical procedure. She was thrilled when her breasts grew to a 'C' cup. Cocks are a
    different story. People can have different levels of dysphoria. I know another transwoman, for whom, her cock was a source of burning shame. She had the full Monty. For our friend, she would probably prefer otherwise, but she can live with her cock. The
    surgical procedures are not perfect and leave a lot to be desired. So she's better off leaving things the way they are. Some trans people never get any surgery. Everyone is different.

There are no magic tricks. They can't bolt new parts onto a trans person. The just rearrange what you have. Some of the transmen might get the same equipment an impotent man might use. Otherwise they just make the original equipment look different.
    I know a transman in Tucson who I trust more than most CIS men. He has only had top surgery. He has a beard and you wouldn't spot him in a crowd. His wife is just fine with what they have.

Despite outward appearances, much like pleasure and pain, gender is all in your head. Even though I may say I let the small head do too much thinking for me, it really doesn't think at all. For example, even if your genitals fell off, you would
    still think you were a man. When someone says they are worried about their masculinity do you think they're afraid their genitals might fall off or do you think they're worried about something going on in their head?

You are wrong about history. Gender dysphoria has a long history in a variety of cultures. Here the indigenous people refer to them has "two spirit people". They have seen this for a long time. There is not stigma attached to this and they might
    even be considered to be special in some way. For example, amphibians were considered special, because they could live in two different environments.

I wish biology was somewhere as close to as perfect as you think it is. It isn't.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Fri May 5 10:36:00 2023
    On 5/4/2023 9:59 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says
    consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional >>>>>>>> families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing >>>>>>>> perverts, and not pretending you can change who you are once you're born
    are all reasonable things to intelligent people. Feel free to live as >>>>>>>> you choose, but don't expect everyone will play along just because you >>>>>>>> call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care.

Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of >>>>>> these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category >>>>>> your he/she friend falls into.
    Not really. There are two genders and many mental health disorders. >>>>>
    I knew you would say this. Intersex is not a gender. It is a condition >>>> and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this >>>> and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female.

I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he
    didn't already think he was not a man.
    procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite
    procedure. So what? They have a biological condition that is rare and
    one would hope those involved did they best they could with a difficult
    situation.
    born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man. You just won't have your Peter
    anymore. Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into
    society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think

academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an
    individual presents themselves in society. In the 2010's it made it's
    features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain
    power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued

I hope you understand that I do not expect to convince you of anything. That rarely happens here, if ever. For me this is just a mental exercise and I hope maybe someone else might find something of value here.

Trans people are not all alike. They don't all get the same procedures for a variety of reasons. Our friend had to have her balls cut off because she didn't want all that testosterone to make her look like a man. She really didn't want a beard.
    She had been taking drugs to suppress the testosterone, but there are limits on how long you can do that without causing liver damage. That will probably be her only surgical procedure. She was thrilled when her breasts grew to a 'C' cup. Cocks are a
    different story. People can have different levels of dysphoria. I know another transwoman, for whom, her cock was a source of burning shame. She had the full Monty. For our friend, she would probably prefer otherwise, but she can live with her cock. The
    surgical procedures are not perfect and leave a lot to be desired. So she's better off leaving things the way they are. Some trans people never get any surgery. Everyone is different.

There are no magic tricks. They can't bolt new parts onto a trans person. The just rearrange what you have. Some of the transmen might get the same equipment an impotent man might use. Otherwise they just make the original equipment look
    different. I know a transman in Tucson who I trust more than most CIS men. He has only had top surgery. He has a beard and you wouldn't spot him in a crowd. His wife is just fine with what they have.

Despite outward appearances, much like pleasure and pain, gender is all in your head. Even though I may say I let the small head do too much thinking for me, it really doesn't think at all. For example, even if your genitals fell off, you would
    still think you were a man. When someone says they are worried about their masculinity do you think they're afraid their genitals might fall off or do you think they're worried about something going on in their head?

You are wrong about history. Gender dysphoria has a long history in a variety of cultures. Here the indigenous people refer to them has "two spirit people". They have seen this for a long time. There is not stigma attached to this and they
    might even be considered to be special in some way. For example, amphibians were considered special, because they could live in two different environments.

I wish biology was somewhere as close to as perfect as you think it is. It isn't.

Mental or psychiatric disorders are quite common. This does not make
    them either "normal" or untreatable. Gender dysphoria is basically a psychological disorder, and yes is biological, since all brain activity
    is biological in nature. Schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar affective disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, and even depression and paranoia are all similarly classified as psychiatric disorders. Yet none of these are treated with
    the kid gloves as the people with gender dysphoria get. They are all
    obviously unhealty, NOT normal, and have a root cause the doctor will investigate and try to treat. The goal being to make the patient, and
    the people around them, able to live safely and comfortably in this
    world. It is now considered unethical for those treating these gender
    confused people to suggest a transgender person to be cisgender. Gender identity conversion therapy is now illegal in some places and punishable
    with jail time, though most people have only heard of the religious
    affiliated groups trying to help people un-Gay themselves. Milo
    Yiannopoulos is probably the most well know case of this.

My point is this. It is not normal, but a disorder. You can believe
    otherwise and live in a world where it is considered normal. We are
    already there. But it is not because of true science. I truly feel for
    people who experience this dysphoria, and hope treatment of ANY kind
    helps them individually. Most people simply don't care how others
    choose to live.

What I DO object to is two-fold. First, thrusting it into the public
    sphere and forcing it down our throats while claiming trans people are
    unsafe and need protection. This is a lie. They already have all the protection they need, and I would suggest the public needs protection
    from the militant part of this cult. The can do what they want, just
    don't expect others to embrace it any more than religious people would
    expect atheists to embrace their preaching.

Second, this "normalization" of this disorder I believe is harmful to
    our children. You can't look at the rising statistics of the young
    people claiming they have this disorder and not wonder what has changed
    that so many people are jumping on this bandwagon. It is being pushed
    on our children and peer pressure is involved in many immature and not
    fully developed brains to make permanent and life altering decisions.
    This is intentional and it is criminal. That I will stand against. Let
    them grow up. The adults can do whatever crazy shit they want to
    themselves.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Fri May 5 14:37:17 2023
    On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 8:36:03 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 8:41:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote: >>>>>>>> On 5/2/2023 10:14 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says
    consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional >>>>>>>> families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing

Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of >>>>>> these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category
    Not really. There are two genders and many mental health disorders. >>>>>
    I knew you would say this. Intersex is not a gender. It is a condition >>>> and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this

I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he >> didn't already think he was not a man.
    procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite >> procedure. So what? They have a biological condition that is rare and
    one would hope those involved did they best they could with a difficult >> situation.
    Hogwash. Of course a surgery will not turn you into a woman if you were >> born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man. You just won't have your Peter
    anymore. Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into
    society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think

Your view of what gender is, is a relatively new idea. Historically, it >> was used to mean the same thing as "sex." Yet in more conservative
    academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an >> individual presents themselves in society. In the 2010's it made it's
    features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain >> power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued

Feel free to believe your man friend is now a woman, not because he cut >> his dick off, but because he says so. His 23rd chromosome says different.

Trans people are not all alike. They don't all get the same procedures for a variety of reasons. Our friend had to have her balls cut off because she didn't want all that testosterone to make her look like a man. She really didn't want a beard. She
    had been taking drugs to suppress the testosterone, but there are limits on how long you can do that without causing liver damage. That will probably be her only surgical procedure. She was thrilled when her breasts grew to a 'C' cup. Cocks are a

There are no magic tricks. They can't bolt new parts onto a trans person. The just rearrange what you have. Some of the transmen might get the same equipment an impotent man might use. Otherwise they just make the original equipment look different. I
    know a transman in Tucson who I trust more than most CIS men. He has only had top surgery. He has a beard and you wouldn't spot him in a crowd. His wife is just fine with what they have.

Despite outward appearances, much like pleasure and pain, gender is all in your head. Even though I may say I let the small head do too much thinking for me, it really doesn't think at all. For example, even if your genitals fell off, you would still
    think you were a man. When someone says they are worried about their masculinity do you think they're afraid their genitals might fall off or do you think they're worried about something going on in their head?

You are wrong about history. Gender dysphoria has a long history in a variety of cultures. Here the indigenous people refer to them has "two spirit people". They have seen this for a long time. There is not stigma attached to this and they might even
    be considered to be special in some way. For example, amphibians were considered special, because they could live in two different environments.

them either "normal" or untreatable. Gender dysphoria is basically a psychological disorder, and yes is biological, since all brain activity
    is biological in nature. Schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar affective disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, and even depression and paranoia are all similarly classified as psychiatric disorders. Yet none of these are treated with
    the kid gloves as the people with gender dysphoria get. They are all obviously unhealty, NOT normal, and have a root cause the doctor will investigate and try to treat. The goal being to make the patient, and
    world. It is now considered unethical for those treating these gender confused people to suggest a transgender person to be cisgender. Gender identity conversion therapy is now illegal in some places and punishable with jail time, though most people have only heard of the religious affiliated groups trying to help people un-Gay themselves. Milo

My point is this. It is not normal, but a disorder. You can believe otherwise and live in a world where it is considered normal. We are
    already there. But it is not because of true science. I truly feel for people who experience this dysphoria, and hope treatment of ANY kind
    choose to live.

sphere and forcing it down our throats while claiming trans people are unsafe and need protection. This is a lie. They already have all the protection they need, and I would suggest the public needs protection
    don't expect others to embrace it any more than religious people would expect atheists to embrace their preaching.

themselves.

These discussions aren't totally useless for me. I learn a lot from them. You have MUCH higher regard for "normal" than me. From my point of view "normal" is massively overrated. I'm not normal in many different ways.I don't need anyone else to
    be not normal like me to validate my existence. (Some people are, and that can be fun.) Some people don't need to be cured or at least cured from abnormal in all of the ways you mean. Some of the intersex people like the way they were born. Some folks
    like being somewhere in between.

For me the most interesting thing about this discussion was your mention of your religion being under attack. It seems like a strange concept to me. I'm a pagan. I never worry about my religion. It takes care of itself. To me the biggest problem
    with your religion is that we have too many sanctimonious bible thumpers who,if they have ever read it, clearly DO NOT understand the words in it--and too few actual Christians. You are a prime example. You clearly do not know it by heart, so I strongly
    suggest you look up the 11th commandment. It's supposed to be Christ's actual words and he clearly defines it.

If your religion was even a tiny fraction as good as you think it is you would never have to worry about anyone attacking it--ever.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Fri May 5 19:42:33 2023
    On 5/5/2023 4:37 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 8:41:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote: >>>>>>>>>> On 5/2/2023 10:14 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    to have to have an unreasonable characteristic in the objection. The >>>>>>>>>> only unreasonable issue is that men can become women. Which is your >>>>>>>>>> position and that of the rest of your crazy friends. Since science says
    consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional >>>>>>>>>> families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing

Can post a link, but a study came out last week showing a majority of >>>>>>>> these people had parents with mental health issues. That's the category
    Not really. There are two genders and many mental health disorders. >>>>>>>
    I knew you would say this. Intersex is not a gender. It is a condition >>>>>> and doctors can perform procedures if the patient wishes to correct this >>>>>> and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female. >>>>>> Duh. You got any more stupid shit to say?

I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he >>>> didn't already think he was not a man.
    procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite >>>> procedure. So what? They have a biological condition that is rare and
    one would hope those involved did they best they could with a difficult >>>> situation.
    Hogwash. Of course a surgery will not turn you into a woman if you were >>>> born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man. You just won't have your Peter
    anymore. Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into >>>> society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think

Your view of what gender is, is a relatively new idea. Historically, it >>>> was used to mean the same thing as "sex." Yet in more conservative
    academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an >>>> individual presents themselves in society. In the 2010's it made it's
    features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain >>>> power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued >>>> attacks on religion and people of faith.

Feel free to believe your man friend is now a woman, not because he cut >>>> his dick off, but because he says so. His 23rd chromosome says different. >>>

There are no magic tricks. They can't bolt new parts onto a trans person. The just rearrange what you have. Some of the transmen might get the same equipment an impotent man might use. Otherwise they just make the original equipment look different. I
    know a transman in Tucson who I trust more than most CIS men. He has only had top surgery. He has a beard and you wouldn't spot him in a crowd. His wife is just fine with what they have.

Despite outward appearances, much like pleasure and pain, gender is all in your head. Even though I may say I let the small head do too much thinking for me, it really doesn't think at all. For example, even if your genitals fell off, you would still
    think you were a man. When someone says they are worried about their masculinity do you think they're afraid their genitals might fall off or do you think they're worried about something going on in their head?

You are wrong about history. Gender dysphoria has a long history in a variety of cultures. Here the indigenous people refer to them has "two spirit people". They have seen this for a long time. There is not stigma attached to this and they might even
    be considered to be special in some way. For example, amphibians were considered special, because they could live in two different environments.

them either "normal" or untreatable. Gender dysphoria is basically a
    psychological disorder, and yes is biological, since all brain activity
    is biological in nature. Schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, obsessive
    compulsive disorder, bipolar affective disorder, post-traumatic stress
    disorder, psychosis, and even depression and paranoia are all similarly
    classified as psychiatric disorders. Yet none of these are treated with
    the kid gloves as the people with gender dysphoria get. They are all
    obviously unhealty, NOT normal, and have a root cause the doctor will
    investigate and try to treat. The goal being to make the patient, and
    confused people to suggest a transgender person to be cisgender. Gender
    identity conversion therapy is now illegal in some places and punishable
    with jail time, though most people have only heard of the religious

choose to live.

unsafe and need protection. This is a lie. They already have all the
    protection they need, and I would suggest the public needs protection

themselves.

These discussions aren't totally useless for me. I learn a lot from them. You have MUCH higher regard for "normal" than me. From > my point of view "normal" is massively overrated.

Placing a value on it is pointless. The truth is, what the truth is.
    At least in some circles.

I'm not normal in many different ways.I don't need anyone else to be not normal like me to validate my existence. (Some people are, and > > that can be fun.) Some people don't need to be cured or at least cured from abnormal in all of the ways you mean.
    Some of the intersex people like the way they were born. Some folks like being somewhere in between.

Which is perfectly fine, as I've said before. Adults can do as they
    please. It is still abnormal to most of society and nature as well.
    Therein lies the problem. People like you don't accept this reality.
    Feel free to do so, just don't expect the rest of us to accept it.

For me the most interesting thing about this discussion was your mention of your

No, I did not say MY religion. I said, "continued attacks on religion
    and people of faith." None of my arguments on this have been
    theological in nature. Pointing out that the left uses this to attack
    religion in general is a simple fact.

religion being under attack. It seems like a strange concept to me. I'm a pagan. I never worry about my religion. It takes care of itself. To me the biggest problem with your religion is that we have too many sanctimonious bible thumpers who,if they
    have ever read it, clearly DO NOT understand the words in it--and too few actual Christians. You are a prime example. You clearly do not know it by heart, so I strongly suggest you look up the 11th commandment. It's supposed to be Christ's actual words
    and he clearly defines it.

I was not speaking of MY religion, as I said. I was speaking of
    organized religion, any religion. And I learned long ago, usenet is
    worse than a bar for religious discussions. I refuse to do it. As much
    as I might find fault in someone's choice of personal religious belief,
    I find no fault in the constitution and the 1st amendment which
    guarantees their right to it. Feel free to do so, but I won't
    participate in that game.

If your religion was even a tiny fraction as good as you think it is you would never have to worry about anyone attacking it--ever.

I clearly stated that, "Leftists have a way of distorting truth for
    political purposes and this isn't surprising." It wasn't about crying
    that they are picking on religion, it is about WHY they are doing it.
    Perhaps a little too nuanced for you, obviously since you did not
    hesitate to attack religion after reading it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Sat May 6 10:54:39 2023
    On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 5:42:37 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 8:00:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote: >>>>>>>> On 5/2/2023 12:11 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 8:41:13 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote: >>>>>>>>>> On 5/2/2023 10:14 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    consider it honorable. Things like standing up for traditional >>>>>>>>>> families, letting children grow up free from the grooming of left wing
    call us bigots. We live in the real world and don't care. >>>>>>>>>
    Not really. There are two genders and many mental health disorders. >>>>>>>
    and assign a particular gender. There are two: male and/or female. >>>>>> Duh. You got any more stupid shit to say?

I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off his pecker if he >>>> didn't already think he was not a man.
    procedures performed on them have gone on to wish they had the opposite >>>> procedure. So what? They have a biological condition that is rare and >>>> one would hope those involved did they best they could with a difficult >>>> situation.
    Hogwash. Of course a surgery will not turn you into a woman if you were >>>> born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man. You just won't have your Peter >>>> anymore. Feel free to act however you wish, get counseling to fit into >>>> society, sue everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think >>>> they should, and live as if you were a woman. You'd still be a man. >>>>
    Your view of what gender is, is a relatively new idea. Historically, it >>>> was used to mean the same thing as "sex." Yet in more conservative
    academia invented this new concept of gender as referring to the way an >>>> individual presents themselves in society. In the 2010's it made it's >>>> way to the general public and the left has taken advantage of this to >>>> rally it's base on several fronts. Leftists have a way of distorting >>>> truth for political purposes and this isn't surprising. The two main >>>> features of this distortion of reality and using mental illness to gain >>>> power are the destruction of the typical american family and continued >>>> attacks on religion and people of faith.

Feel free to believe your man friend is now a woman, not because he cut >>>> his dick off, but because he says so. His 23rd chromosome says different.

There are no magic tricks. They can't bolt new parts onto a trans person. The just rearrange what you have. Some of the transmen might get the same equipment an impotent man might use. Otherwise they just make the original equipment look different.
    I know a transman in Tucson who I trust more than most CIS men. He has only had top surgery. He has a beard and you wouldn't spot him in a crowd. His wife is just fine with what they have.

You are wrong about history. Gender dysphoria has a long history in a variety of cultures. Here the indigenous people refer to them has "two spirit people". They have seen this for a long time. There is not stigma attached to this and they might
    even be considered to be special in some way. For example, amphibians were considered special, because they could live in two different environments.

them either "normal" or untreatable. Gender dysphoria is basically a
    psychological disorder, and yes is biological, since all brain activity >> is biological in nature. Schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, obsessive
    compulsive disorder, bipolar affective disorder, post-traumatic stress
    disorder, psychosis, and even depression and paranoia are all similarly >> classified as psychiatric disorders. Yet none of these are treated with >> the kid gloves as the people with gender dysphoria get. They are all
    obviously unhealty, NOT normal, and have a root cause the doctor will
    investigate and try to treat. The goal being to make the patient, and
    confused people to suggest a transgender person to be cisgender. Gender >> identity conversion therapy is now illegal in some places and punishable >> with jail time, though most people have only heard of the religious

choose to live.

unsafe and need protection. This is a lie. They already have all the
    protection they need, and I would suggest the public needs protection

people claiming they have this disorder and not wonder what has changed >> that so many people are jumping on this bandwagon. It is being pushed
    themselves.

These discussions aren't totally useless for me. I learn a lot from them. You have MUCH higher regard for "normal" than me. From > my point of view "normal" is massively overrated.
    Placing a value on it is pointless. The truth is, what the truth is.
    At least in some circles.
    I'm not normal in many different ways.I don't need anyone else to be not normal like me to validate my existence. (Some people are, and > > that can be fun.) Some people don't need to be cured or at least cured from abnormal in all of the ways you
    mean. Some of the intersex people like the way they were born. Some folks like being somewhere in between.
    Which is perfectly fine, as I've said before. Adults can do as they
    please. It is still abnormal to most of society and nature as well.
    Therein lies the problem. People like you don't accept this reality.
    Feel free to do so, just don't expect the rest of us to accept it.
    For me the most interesting thing about this discussion was your mention of your
    No, I did not say MY religion. I said, "continued attacks on religion
    and people of faith." None of my arguments on this have been
    theological in nature. Pointing out that the left uses this to attack religion in general is a simple fact.
    religion being under attack. It seems like a strange concept to me. I'm a pagan. I never worry about my religion. It takes care of itself. To me the biggest problem with your religion is that we have too many sanctimonious bible thumpers who,if they
    have ever read it, clearly DO NOT understand the words in it--and too few actual Christians. You are a prime example. You clearly do not know it by heart, so I strongly suggest you look up the 11th commandment. It's supposed to be Christ's actual words
    and he clearly defines it.
    organized religion, any religion. And I learned long ago, usenet is
    worse than a bar for religious discussions. I refuse to do it. As much
    as I might find fault in someone's choice of personal religious belief,
    I find no fault in the constitution and the 1st amendment which
    guarantees their right to it. Feel free to do so, but I won't
    participate in that game.
    I clearly stated that, "Leftists have a way of distorting truth for political purposes and this isn't surprising." It wasn't about crying
    that they are picking on religion, it is about WHY they are doing it. Perhaps a little too nuanced for you, obviously since you did not
    hesitate to attack religion after reading it.

So, I just thought of a serious question I can throw into all of this insanity. There are roughly 5,000 religions that exist on this planet. How many of them do you think are under attack? All of them? Only the Judeo-Christian religions? Only the
    hundreds of different flavors of Christianity? Only some of the Christian religions? How about the Mormons? Strictly speaking they are not Christians. Many Muslims feel that their religion is under attack. Do you agree? What about the atheists? Is their
    religion under attack?

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sat May 6 15:32:44 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 5:42:37 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 10:58:13 AM UTC-7, sticks
    wrote:
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 5:40:28 PM UTC-7, sticks
    wrote:
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 8:00:13 AM UTC-7,
    sticks wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 8:41:13 AM UTC-7,
    sticks wrote:
    I still expect that Budweiser will
    eventually come out solidly opposed to
    bigotry. If nothing else, I expect far
    right nutcases to force them into that
    position.
    Not bigotry unless you're a science denier.
    To be bigotry it would need to have to have
    an unreasonable characteristic in the
    objection. The only unreasonable issue is
    that men can become women. Which is your
    position and that of the rest of your crazy
    friends. Since science says they can't,
    standing up for science is not unreasonable,
    and many would consider it honorable. Things
    like standing up for traditional families,
    letting children grow up free from the
    grooming of left wing perverts, and not
    pretending you can change who you are once
    you're born are all reasonable things to
    intelligent people. Feel free to live as you
    choose, but don't expect everyone will play
    along just because you call us bigots. We
    live in the real world and don't care.

There is no science that explains what causes
    gender dysphoria. From what I have seen I
    suspect that there are many different causes,
    ranging from insanity to small differences in
    brain chemistry. There is only one known cure
    and it's highly effective. The friend I
    mentioned is living a happy productive life. I
    think she probably fell into the latter
    category. Her hormones were a bit wonky and she
    already had a very slim feminine body. He
    father's hormone balance was even more wonky.
    Except for his former wife, we were all
    surprised to find out he was a deeply closeted
    gay man.
    Can post a link, but a study came out last week
    showing a majority of these people had parents
    with mental health issues. That's the category
    Despite our labels gender is not strictly black
    or white. Many people fall somewhere in
    between.
    Not really. There are two genders and many mental
    health disorders.

"Intersex" is just one example. I don't expect you
    to understand much. You obviously think in terms of
    stark black and white.
    I knew you would say this. Intersex is not a gender.
    It is a condition and doctors can perform procedures
    if the patient wishes to correct this and assign a
    particular gender. There are two: male and/or
    female. Duh. You got any more stupid shit to say?

The doctors can "assign" a physical gender, but that
    will not change what's going on in someone's head.
    I would hope not. I don't know why a man would cut off
    his pecker if he didn't already think he was not a man.
    There have been many cases where the doctors "assigned"
    a gender and turned out to be wrong.
    There certainly have been cases where intersex
    individuals who had procedures performed on them have
    gone on to wish they had the opposite procedure. So what?
    They have a biological condition that is rare and one
    would hope those involved did they best they could with a
    difficult situation.
    No surgeon can turn you into a woman. What makes you a
    man or a woman or something in between is what's going
    on in your head. The doctors haven't figured out how to
    change that.
    Hogwash. Of course a surgery will not turn you into a
    woman if you were born a man. You will ALWAYS be a man.
    You just won't have your Peter anymore. Feel free to act
    however you wish, get counseling to fit into society, sue
    everyone who doesn't understand things the way you think
    they should, and live as if you were a woman. You'd still
    be a man.

Your view of what gender is, is a relatively new idea.
    Historically, it was used to mean the same thing as
    "sex." Yet in more conservative times, sex also meant the
    act of sexual intercourse. In the 1970's academia
    invented this new concept of gender as referring to the
    way an individual presents themselves in society. In the
    2010's it made it's way to the general public and the
    left has taken advantage of this to rally it's base on
    several fronts. Leftists have a way of distorting truth
    for political purposes and this isn't surprising. The two
    main features of this distortion of reality and using
    mental illness to gain power are the destruction of the
    typical american family and continued attacks on religion
    and people of faith.

Feel free to believe your man friend is now a woman, not
    because he cut his dick off, but because he says so. His
    23rd chromosome says different.

I hope you understand that I do not expect to convince you
    of anything. That rarely happens here, if ever. For me this
    is just a mental exercise and I hope maybe someone else
    might find something of value here.

Trans people are not all alike. They don't all get the same
    procedures for a variety of reasons. Our friend had to have
    her balls cut off because she didn't want all that
    testosterone to make her look like a man. She really didn't
    want a beard. She had been taking drugs to suppress the
    testosterone, but there are limits on how long you can do
    that without causing liver damage. That will probably be
    her only surgical procedure. She was thrilled when her
    breasts grew to a 'C' cup. Cocks are a different story.
    People can have different levels of dysphoria. I know
    another transwoman, for whom, her cock was a source of
    burning shame. She had the full Monty. For our friend, she
    would probably prefer otherwise, but she can live with her
    cock. The surgical procedures are not perfect and leave a
    lot to be desired. So she's better off leaving things the
    way they are. Some trans people never get any surgery.
    Everyone is different.

There are no magic tricks. They can't bolt new parts onto a
    trans person. The just rearrange what you have. Some of the
    transmen might get the same equipment an impotent man might
    use. Otherwise they just make the original equipment look
    different. I know a transman in Tucson who I trust more
    than most CIS men. He has only had top surgery. He has a
    beard and you wouldn't spot him in a crowd. His wife is
    just fine with what they have.

Despite outward appearances, much like pleasure and pain,
    gender is all in your head. Even though I may say I let the
    small head do too much thinking for me, it really doesn't
    think at all. For example, even if your genitals fell off,
    you would still think you were a man. When someone says
    they are worried about their masculinity do you think
    they're afraid their genitals might fall off or do you
    think they're worried about something going on in their
    head?

You are wrong about history. Gender dysphoria has a long
    history in a variety of cultures. Here the indigenous
    people refer to them has "two spirit people". They have
    seen this for a long time. There is not stigma attached to
    this and they might even be considered to be special in
    some way. For example, amphibians were considered special,
    because they could live in two different environments.

I wish biology was somewhere as close to as perfect as you
    think it is. It isn't.
    Mental or psychiatric disorders are quite common. This does
    not make them either "normal" or untreatable. Gender
    dysphoria is basically a psychological disorder, and yes is
    biological, since all brain activity is biological in nature.
    Schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive
    disorder, bipolar affective disorder, post-traumatic stress
    disorder, psychosis, and even depression and paranoia are all
    similarly classified as psychiatric disorders. Yet none of
    these are treated with the kid gloves as the people with
    gender dysphoria get. They are all obviously unhealty, NOT
    normal, and have a root cause the doctor will investigate and
    try to treat. The goal being to make the patient, and the
    people around them, able to live safely and comfortably in
    this world. It is now considered unethical for those treating
    these gender confused people to suggest a transgender person
    to be cisgender. Gender identity conversion therapy is now
    illegal in some places and punishable with jail time, though
    most people have only heard of the religious affiliated
    groups trying to help people un-Gay themselves. Milo

My point is this. It is not normal, but a disorder. You can
    believe otherwise and live in a world where it is considered
    normal. We are already there. But it is not because of true
    science. I truly feel for people who experience this
    dysphoria, and hope treatment of ANY kind helps them
    individually. Most people simply don't care how others choose
    to live.

What I DO object to is two-fold. First, thrusting it into the
    public sphere and forcing it down our throats while claiming
    trans people are unsafe and need protection. This is a lie.
    They already have all the protection they need, and I would
    suggest the public needs protection from the militant part of
    this cult. The can do what they want, just don't expect
    others to embrace it any more than religious people would

Second, this "normalization" of this disorder I believe is
    harmful to our children. You can't look at the rising
    statistics of the young people claiming they have this
    disorder and not wonder what has changed that so many people
    are jumping on this bandwagon. It is being pushed on our
    children and peer pressure is involved in many immature and
    not fully developed brains to make permanent and life
    altering decisions. This is intentional and it is criminal.
    That I will stand against. Let them grow up. The adults can
    do whatever crazy shit they want to themselves.

These discussions aren't totally useless for me. I learn a lot
    from them. You have MUCH higher regard for "normal" than me.
    From > my point of view "normal" is massively overrated.
    Placing a value on it is pointless. The truth is, what the truth
    is. At least in some circles.
    I'm not normal in many different ways.I don't need anyone else
    to be not normal like me to validate my existence. (Some people
    are, and > > that can be fun.) Some people don't need to be
    cured or at least cured from abnormal in all of the ways you
    mean. Some of the intersex people like the way they were born.
    Some folks like being somewhere in between.
    Which is perfectly fine, as I've said before. Adults can do as
    they please. It is still abnormal to most of society and nature
    as well. Therein lies the problem. People like you don't accept
    this reality. Feel free to do so, just don't expect the rest of
    us to accept it.
    For me the most interesting thing about this discussion was
    your mention of your
    No, I did not say MY religion. I said, "continued attacks on
    religion and people of faith." None of my arguments on this have
    been theological in nature. Pointing out that the left uses this
    to attack religion in general is a simple fact.
    religion being under attack. It seems like a strange concept to
    me. I'm a pagan. I never worry about my religion. It takes care
    of itself. To me the biggest problem with your religion is that
    we have too many sanctimonious bible thumpers who,if they have
    ever read it, clearly DO NOT understand the words in it--and
    too few actual Christians. You are a prime example. You clearly
    do not know it by heart, so I strongly suggest you look up the
    11th commandment. It's supposed to be Christ's actual words and
    he clearly defines it.
    organized religion, any religion. And I learned long ago, usenet
    is worse than a bar for religious discussions. I refuse to do it.
    As much as I might find fault in someone's choice of personal
    religious belief, I find no fault in the constitution and the 1st
    amendment which guarantees their right to it. Feel free to do so,
    but I won't participate in that game.
    If your religion was even a tiny fraction as good as you think
    it is you would never have to worry about anyone attacking
    it--ever.
    I clearly stated that, "Leftists have a way of distorting truth
    for political purposes and this isn't surprising." It wasn't
    about crying that they are picking on religion, it is about WHY
    they are doing it. Perhaps a little too nuanced for you,
    obviously since you did not hesitate to attack religion after
    reading it.

So, I just thought of a serious question I can throw into all of
    this insanity. There are roughly 5,000 religions that exist on this
    planet. How many of them do you think are under attack? All of
    them? Only the Judeo-Christian religions? Only the hundreds of
    different flavors of Christianity? Only some of the Christian
    religions? How about the Mormons? Strictly speaking they are not
    Christians. Many Muslims feel that their religion is under attack.
    Do you agree? What about the atheists? Is their religion under
    attack?

That's literally significantly more than just "a" serious question -
    it's a lot of questions.
    And none of them are even transitorily serious - they're just chum
    you've sprinkled in the RORT ditch.

--
    bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Wed May 10 21:03:54 2023
    On Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 8:20:48 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    On 5/8/2023 11:21 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    The point is that the part of society who is against traditional values, >> family, religion, etc. is the left. It is only rational to try and
    understand and be aware of why they do it. If you don't, you can end up >> losing your rights and freedoms. Especially the right to practice
    worship as you choose. It is the main reason for this country, our
    constitution, and why America has prospered for so long. The freedom of >> religion. It is being eroded by Marxist ideology. To argue otherwise
    is only possible if your head is in the sand, or you are dishonest.
    Yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah.

You may be new here, but your ideology isn't. We used to have a steady parade of p[eople who were having things "shoved down their throat". Do you know what that cliche means? It means some special snowflake saw something they didn't like. And the
    whole world should make sure that never happens to them again. You have decided that you are a victim of changing times. About the only one who can do anything about that is you. Like it or not, the whole world keeps on changing.
    Saw this today in case you still don't believe it isn't happening.

<https://harbingersdaily.com/a-legacy-of-censorship-how-communist-concepts-have-led-to-suppression-of-christian-views/>

I am not ignorant of history or what is happening in the world today. From my perspective the Christians have gone out of their way to earn whatever animosity they are experiencing. I don't expect any of their various versions of "THE TRUTH" to
    die. If they do that probably tells you something about how "true" they were.

Thank you for clarifying. I knew all that talk about "religion" being under attack was so much bullshit. You are only interested in one version of one religion and that religion's moral code. You are just fine with discarding and ignoring religious
    traditions that don't agree with YOUR moral code.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu May 11 09:27:46 2023
    On 5/10/2023 11:03 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    The point is that the part of society who is against traditional values, >>>> family, religion, etc. is the left. It is only rational to try and
    understand and be aware of why they do it. If you don't, you can end up >>>> losing your rights and freedoms. Especially the right to practice
    constitution, and why America has prospered for so long. The freedom of >>>> religion. It is being eroded by Marxist ideology. To argue otherwise
    is only possible if your head is in the sand, or you are dishonest.

You may be new here, but your ideology isn't. We used to have a steady parade of p[eople who were having things "shoved down their throat". Do you know what that cliche means? It means some special snowflake saw something they didn't like. And the
    whole world should make sure that never happens to them again. You have decided that you are a victim of changing times. About the only one who can do anything about that is you. Like it or not, the whole world keeps on changing.

<https://harbingersdaily.com/a-legacy-of-censorship-how-communist-concepts-have-led-to-suppression-of-christian-views/>

I am not ignorant of history or what is happening in the world today. From my perspective the Christians have gone out of their way to earn whatever animosity they are experiencing. I don't expect any of their various versions of "THE TRUTH" to
    die. If they do that probably tells you something about how "true" they were.

Other than showing your disdain for Christianity, that was a relatively meaningless paragraph. Hope you feel better now.

Thank you for clarifying. I knew all that talk about "religion" being under attack was so much bullshit. You are only interested in one version of one religion and that religion's moral code. You are just fine with discarding and ignoring
    religious traditions that don't agree with YOUR moral code.

I've found an article on a news site I visit and posted it as a way of
    showing I am not alone in noticing these things and you come up with
    this? I've already mentioned the muslims in communist China,
    Representative Pressley had to be shut down by the Speaker from hosting
    an anti-Israel "rally" yesterday, and it goes on and on. You need an
    example for every type of faith? As far as my being tolerant of
    different faiths, go back and read my thoughts on the constitution
    guaranteeing ALL the right to theirs. The only thing I clarified is
    your hatred of Christians.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Thu May 11 19:20:38 2023
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:30:00 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    The point is that the part of society who is against traditional values,
    family, religion, etc. is the left. It is only rational to try and
    understand and be aware of why they do it. If you don't, you can end up >>>> losing your rights and freedoms. Especially the right to practice
    constitution, and why America has prospered for so long. The freedom of >>>> religion. It is being eroded by Marxist ideology. To argue otherwise >>>> is only possible if your head is in the sand, or you are dishonest.

I am not ignorant of history or what is happening in the world today. From my perspective the Christians have gone out of their way to earn whatever animosity they are experiencing. I don't expect any of their various versions of "THE TRUTH" to die.
    If they do that probably tells you something about how "true" they were.
    Other than showing your disdain for Christianity, that was a relatively meaningless paragraph. Hope you feel better now.
    Thank you for clarifying. I knew all that talk about "religion" being under attack was so much bullshit. You are only interested in one version of one religion and that religion's moral code. You are just fine with discarding and ignoring religious
    traditions that don't agree with YOUR moral code.
    I've found an article on a news site I visit and posted it as a way of showing I am not alone in noticing these things and you come up with
    different faiths, go back and read my thoughts on the constitution guaranteeing ALL the right to theirs. The only thing I clarified is

I don't hate all Christians. I reserve that for the hateful hypocrites who make up the bulk of the religion.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Fri May 12 12:28:14 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:30:00 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    The point is that the part of society who is against traditional values, >>>>>> family, religion, etc. is the left. It is only rational to try and >>>>>> understand and be aware of why they do it. If you don't, you can end up >>>>>> losing your rights and freedoms. Especially the right to practice
    worship as you choose. It is the main reason for this country, our >>>>>> constitution, and why America has prospered for so long. The freedom of >>>>>> religion. It is being eroded by Marxist ideology. To argue otherwise >>>>>> is only possible if your head is in the sand, or you are dishonest. >>>>> Yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah.

You may be new here, but your ideology isn't. We used to have a
    steady parade of p[eople who were having things "shoved down their
    throat". Do you know what that cliche means? It means some special
    snowflake saw something they didn't like. And the whole world should >>>>> make sure that never happens to them again. You have decided that you >>>>> are a victim of changing times. About the only one who can do
    anything about that is you. Like it or not, the whole world keeps on changing.

I am not ignorant of history or what is happening in the world today.
    From my perspective the Christians have gone out of their way to earn
    whatever animosity they are experiencing. I don't expect any of their
    various versions of "THE TRUTH" to die. If they do that probably tells
    you something about how "true" they were.
    Other than showing your disdain for Christianity, that was a relatively
    meaningless paragraph. Hope you feel better now.
    Thank you for clarifying. I knew all that talk about "religion" being
    under attack was so much bullshit. You are only interested in one
    version of one religion and that religion's moral code. You are just
    fine with discarding and ignoring religious traditions that don't agree
    with YOUR moral code.
    I've found an article on a news site I visit and posted it as a way of
    showing I am not alone in noticing these things and you come up with
    different faiths, go back and read my thoughts on the constitution
    guaranteeing ALL the right to theirs. The only thing I clarified is

I don't hate all Christians. I reserve that for the hateful
    hypocrites who make up the bulk of the religion.

TB

Do you have data that show they “… make up the bulk of the religion.”?

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views
    are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05