• Budweiser Blew IT

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 27 15:40:42 2023
    So, OK, once again I was not completely correct. I still think I'm well over 50% right. Apparently the marketing department did what they were told to do, which surprised their bosses. If Budweiser had done the right thing and clearly opposed bigotry
    they would have easily gained more customers than they lost. Instead they produced and ambiguous "apology" that didn't satisfy anyone. Until they make up their mind I'm less inclined to buy their yeast piss than I was before. Instead of gaining customers
    they're losing customers from both sides of the culture war.

There are some numbers in this article that support my main point. Which is that so called "conservatives" are fighting a battle they already lost. As they always have, the times are changing.

"Bud Light fumbles, but experts say inclusive ads will stay"

"Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney angered some customers and hurt sales, while the brand’s lack of support for the influencer infuriated the very people it was trying to reach."

"But others — including Heinerscheid herself — say reaching out to younger and more diverse consumers is crucial. According to a 2021 Gallup poll, 21% of people in Generation Z identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, compared to 3% of Baby
    Boomers. Gallup has also found that younger consumers are the most likely to want brands to promote diversity and take a stand on social issues."

https://apnews.com/article/bud-light-transgender-dylan-mulvaney-nike-2fe1425ba09a3f0e271fda0ae4b67434?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_10

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)