• Shake Shack opens in downtown Portland

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 25 07:34:51 2023
    "Reports of Portland’s death have been greatly exaggerated, at least as far as the crowd lined up in front of Portland’s first Shake Shack location Monday morning was concerned.

About 50 people arrived early to witness the ribbon cutting at the hotly anticipated Shake Shack location on West Burnside, across the street from Powell’s City of Books.

Jacob Schoen and his two-year-old daughter Lucy were among those waiting in the sleek new outdoor eating area, formerly a parking lot, under green balloon garlands. The large space features a selection of tables, open to the sidewalk and streets, and a
    metal ping-pong table."

https://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2023/04/burger-fans-rejoice-shake-shack-opens-in-downtown-portland.html

Powell's City of Books covers a whole city block. It has been a popular business for a long time. My wife and I get to Powell's frequently. It is sort of the anchor store for that neighborhood. Some of Portland's oldest and biggest homeless
    shelters are just a few blocks down the street. At least one of those shelters is older than me.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Apr 26 01:11:00 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
    "Reports of Portland’s death have been greatly exaggerated, at least as
    far as the crowd lined up in front of Portland’s first Shake Shack
    location Monday morning was concerned.

About 50 people arrived early to witness the ribbon cutting at the hotly anticipated Shake Shack location on West Burnside, across the street from Powell’s City of Books.

Jacob Schoen and his two-year-old daughter Lucy were among those waiting
    in the sleek new outdoor eating area, formerly a parking lot, under green balloon garlands. The large space features a selection of tables, open to
    the sidewalk and streets, and a metal ping-pong table."

https://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2023/04/burger-fans-rejoice-shake-shack-opens-in-downtown-portland.html

Powell's City of Books covers a whole city block. It has been a popular business for a long time. My wife and I get to Powell's
    frequently. It is sort of the anchor store for that neighborhood. Some
    of Portland's oldest and biggest homeless shelters are just a few blocks
    down the street. At least one of those shelters is older than me.

Damn, a sixteen year old shelter.

TB

Fifty people? Bwah hah hah! I’m surprised there was no riot.

--
    Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. They know their political views
    are wrong but they stick with them anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)