• OT? - All Oregon News

From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 11 14:41:01 2023
    … all the time.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-perplexed-homeless-cabins-built-along-prime-riverside-real-estate

--
    A liberal doesn’t become wiser with age. As a moron doesn’t become wiser as he grows old; he becomes an old moron.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Apr 11 12:32:11 2023
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 7:41:05 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    … all the time.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-perplexed-homeless-cabins-built-along-prime-riverside-real-estate

--
    A liberal doesn’t become wiser with age. As a moron doesn’t become wiser as
    he grows old; he becomes an old moron.

There are reasons why they didn't show you any pictures of that "prime" real estate. It's a muddy strip between the main railroad freight yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their right mind would consider it prime real
    estate. This is small stuff compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats.

But hey, while you're all excited about a small wrinkle in the situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She wants to see actual plans for what
    Portland plans to do with the money and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls to do this. She has even offered to send them some help to figure this out. lol

"Kotek “Disappointed” in Portland and Multnomah County’s Application for State Emergency Funds
    The governor wants to see more detail and specifics about where the money aimed at reducing homelessness would go."

https://www.wweek.com/news/2023/04/10/kotek-disappointed-in-portland-and-multnomah-countys-application-for-state-emergency-funds/

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Apr 11 21:22:24 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
    … all the time.

--

There are reasons why they didn't show you any pictures of that
    "prime" real estate. It's a muddy strip between the main railroad freight yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their
    right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff
    compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats.

But hey, while you're all excited about a small wrinkle in the situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor
    is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money
    and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls
    to do this. She has even offered to send them some help to figure this out. lol

"Kotek “Disappointed” in Portland and Multnomah County’s Application for
    State Emergency Funds
    The governor wants to see more detail and specifics about where the money aimed at reducing homelessness would go."

https://www.wweek.com/news/2023/04/10/kotek-disappointed-in-portland-and-multnomah-countys-application-for-state-emergency-funds/

TB

Blah, blah, blah. Denying the truth doesn’t make it not true. Face it, Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity what has happened with years of liberalist rule.

--
    A liberal doesn’t beome wiser with age. A moron doesn’t become wiser as he grows old; he becomes an old moron.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Apr 11 14:52:01 2023
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 2:22:27 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:
    … all the time.

--

"prime" real estate. It's a muddy strip between the main railroad freight yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats.

But hey, while you're all excited about a small wrinkle in the
    situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money
    and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls to do this. She has even offered to send them some help to figure this out. lol

State Emergency Funds

TB

Blah, blah, blah. Denying the truth doesn’t make it not true. Face it, Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity what has happened with years of liberalist rule.

--
    A liberal doesn’t beome wiser with age. A moron doesn’t become wiser as he
    grows old; he becomes an old moron.

lol, The only thing I'm denying is that the land in question is prime real estate. The rest of it is all true, and more. Hell, I used to know one of the guys who was living in a house boat that he had built. The "prime" locations for that sort of
    thing have very nice house boats sitting on them. He wasn't in a prime location. Instead of a dock with a parking spot nearby he had a small motor boat.

And it really is terrible here. I have a long weekend scheduled in Newport. It will probably be just awful. I suggest that you don't go anywhere near the coast. It's a big secret, but I'm going to tell you. There are homeless people there too.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Apr 11 19:10:20 2023
    On 4/11/2023 4:52 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 7:41:05 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> … all the time.

--

"prime" real estate. It's a muddy strip between the main railroad freight >>> yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their
    right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff
    compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats. >>>
    situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor >>> is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She >>> wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money
    and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls >>> to do this. She has even offered to send them some help to figure this out. lol

State Emergency Funds
    The governor wants to see more detail and specifics about where the money >>> aimed at reducing homelessness would go."

TB

Blah, blah, blah. Denying the truth doesn’t make it not true. Face it,
    Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity >> what has happened with years of liberalist rule.

--

lol, The only thing I'm denying is that the land in question is prime real estate. The rest of it is all true, and more. Hell, I used to know one of the guys who was living in a house boat that he had built. The "prime" locations for that sort
    of thing have very nice house boats sitting on them. He wasn't in a prime location. Instead of a dock with a parking spot nearby he had a small motor boat.

And it really is terrible here. I have a long weekend scheduled in Newport. It will probably be just awful. I suggest that you don't go anywhere near the coast. It's a big secret, but I'm going to tell you. There are homeless people there too.

TB

And there is this but "move along, nothing to see here" - CC&P

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coava-coffee-close-downtown-portland-location-due-extreme-violence-crime
    --
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 11 18:15:16 2023
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 5:28:14 PM UTC-7, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 5:10:21 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    … all the time.

--

"prime" real estate. It's a muddy strip between the main railroad freight
    yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their >>> right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff >>> compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats.

situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor
    is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She
    wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money >>> and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls

State Emergency Funds
    The governor wants to see more detail and specifics about where the money
    aimed at reducing homelessness would go."

TB

Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity
    what has happened with years of liberalist rule.

--

lol, The only thing I'm denying is that the land in question is prime real estate. The rest of it is all true, and more. Hell, I used to know one of the guys who was living in a house boat that he had built. The "prime" locations for that sort of
    thing have very nice house boats sitting on them. He wasn't in a prime location. Instead of a dock with a parking spot nearby he had a small motor boat.

TB

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coava-coffee-close-downtown-portland-location-due-extreme-violence-crime
    --
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan
    Sounds like every problem in Oregon you'd like to blame on TB, somehow? Don't you ever think that he might have the "inside scoop", since he lives in that homeless infested, godawful place, himself? WTF would you do, if he just agreed, and wanted to
    move the Promised Land, near where you live? Aren't you sceert, that pretty soon, he'd turn your area into another Portland? HawHawHaw!

Old Tom Moore from Bummer Shore

Hey, these are sad times for Portland. We have lost one of the most famous people here. Darcelle really was a larger than life personality.

Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall to host public memorial for Darcelle, aka Walter Cole
    by: Jashayla Pettigrew

Posted: Apr 11, 2023 / 11:56 AM PDT

Updated: Apr 11, 2023 / 12:18 PM PDT

The venue will have open seating, but tickets are required for admission

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A public celebration of life for Walter Cole, famously known as the world’s oldest drag queen Darcelle, will be held in Downtown Portland’s Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on Tuesday, April 25.

Kevin Cook, another known drag performer who co-hosts Darcelle XV Showplace as Poison Waters, announced the memorial on Facebook on Monday night.

According to the post, the memorial will be a no-cost, all-ages event. Doors will open at 6 p.m., with seating starting at 7 p.m. and the program at 7:30 p.m.

Cole’s celebration of life comes about a month after Darcelle XV Showplace announced his death on Thursday, March 23. The groundbreaking drag queen died from natural causes at the age of 92.

In 2019, Cole spoke to KOIN 6’s Ken Boddie about how he came to break the Guinness World Record for being the oldest drag performer.

The performer, who grew up in Northwest Portland’s Linnton neighborhood, served in the military before returning to the city. By the 1960s, he was living with his wife and two children in Southeast Portland.

In 1967, Cole opened the Demas tavern that would one day become Darcelle’s XV Showplace. But back then, it was a lesbian bar where he would sometimes perform under his drag persona Darcelle.

By 1969, Darcelle had become a prominent figure in Portland. During this same time, Cole came out as gay and left his wife. He then started a relationship with artistic director Roxy Neuhardt.

Throughout his 92 years of life, Cole built a legacy that impacted the next generation of drag queens — not just in Portland, but all over the world.
    [snip]

https://www.koin.com/news/portland/arlene-schnitzer-concert-hall-to-host-public-memorial-for-darcelle-aka-walter-cole/

I'll bet that is a very colorful event. I'd be tempted to go, but I don't do big indoor crowds these days. I'm sure the tickets will go fast--to all ages.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 11 20:07:21 2023
    On 4/11/2023 7:28 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 2:22:27 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 7:41:05 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>>>> … all the time.

--

"prime" real estate. It's a muddy strip between the main railroad freight >>>>> yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their >>>>> right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff
    compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats. >>>>>
    situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor >>>>> is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She >>>>> wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money >>>>> and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls >>>>> to do this. She has even offered to send them some help to figure this out. lol

State Emergency Funds
    The governor wants to see more detail and specifics about where the money >>>>> aimed at reducing homelessness would go."

TB

Blah, blah, blah. Denying the truth doesn’t make it not true. Face it, >>>> Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity

--

TB

--
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem.
    Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

Sounds like every problem in Oregon you'd like to blame on TB, somehow? Don't you ever think that he might have the "inside scoop", since he lives in that homeless infested, godawful place, himself? WTF would you do, if he just agreed, and wanted
    to move the Promised Land, near where you live? Aren't you sceert, that pretty soon, he'd turn your area into another Portland? HawHawHaw!

He and his ilk "are" to blame. They voted for their insane politicians
    who are the catlaysts for this idiocy. However, I wouldn't even mention
    any of it if not for his unashamed promotion of how great Portland is.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Apr 11 17:28:13 2023
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 7:41:05 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> … all the time.

--

yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their >>> right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff
    compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats.

situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor >>> is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She >>> wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money >>> and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls >>> to do this. She has even offered to send them some help to figure this out. lol

State Emergency Funds

TB

Blah, blah, blah. Denying the truth doesn’t make it not true. Face it, >> Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity

--

TB

--

Sounds like every problem in Oregon you'd like to blame on TB, somehow? Don't you ever think that he might have the "inside scoop", since he lives in that homeless infested, godawful place, himself? WTF would you do, if he just agreed, and wanted
    to move the Promised Land, near where you live? Aren't you sceert, that pretty soon, he'd turn your area into another Portland? HawHawHaw!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Apr 11 19:06:08 2023
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 6:07:22 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    On 4/11/2023 7:28 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 2:22:27 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:
    … all the time.

--

yard here and the river. Even if you could build there no one in their >>>>> right mind would consider it prime real estate. This is small stuff >>>>> compared to all the people living in old boats and home made house boats.

situation, there's a much better show in the main ring. Our new governor
    is holding Portland's mayor and Multnomah county's feet to the fire. She
    wants to see actual plans for what Portland plans to do with the money >>>>> and what they think they can accomplish. She has the money and the balls

State Emergency Funds

TB

Portland is turning into a shit hole just like San Francisco. It’s a pity

--

TB

--
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. >> Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

Sounds like every problem in Oregon you'd like to blame on TB, somehow? Don't you ever think that he might have the "inside scoop", since he lives in that homeless infested, godawful place, himself? WTF would you do, if he just agreed, and wanted to
    move the Promised Land, near where you live? Aren't you sceert, that pretty soon, he'd turn your area into another Portland? HawHawHaw!

He and his ilk "are" to blame. They voted for their insane politicians
    who are the catlaysts for this idiocy. However, I wouldn't even mention
    any of it if not for his unashamed promotion of how great Portland is.
    --

It's a small technicality, but they don't let me vote in Portland because I don't live there. I don't even live in the same county. I haven't heard our governor bad mouthing any of our officials out here. I am enjoying her pinning down Ted Wheeler
    like some sort of bug.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05