• All Portland Walmart Stores To "Permanently Close"

From Frank Howell@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 5 11:20:16 2023
    All Portland Walmart Stores To "Permanently Close" Amid Theft Wave.
    Serves 'em right!

--
    Frank Howell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to Frank Howell on Sun Mar 5 16:04:46 2023
    On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 11:20:21 AM UTC-8, Frank Howell wrote:
    Serves 'em right!

--
    Frank Howell

Just to be clear: They are closing two stores within the Portland city limits. All of our other Walmart stores in "metropolitan" Portland, including three that are near me will remain open.
    The stores that are closing are in low income neighborhoods, where Walmart has always had a problem with shrinkage. In the current job market most of the people they laid off should be able to find employment quickly. The managers are an exception.
    Sometimes, even though they knew they were putting those managers in a difficult situation, they are often cruel to managers when things don't go well. You can be fired, demoted or transfered to Siberia. There aren't many places worse than where they are
    now.

It was rather cruel that they laid people off instead of trying to transferring as many people as they could to stores that badly need more people. Now those people will have to reapply if they want to continue to work for Walmart. This is probably
    because the employees also get blamed for the problem too. Everywhere and always a lot of the shrinkage is due to the employees. The employees are probably better off anyway. Walmart pays a quarterly bonus based on the store's performance. Those people
    have been getting nothing or almost nothing for many years. In a store that's performing well the bonuses can add up to serious money.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Mon Mar 6 14:33:25 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 11:20:21 AM UTC-8, Frank Howell wrote:
    Serves 'em right!

--
    Frank Howell

Just to be clear: They are closing two stores within the Portland
    city limits. All of our other Walmart stores in "metropolitan" Portland, including three that are near me will remain open.
    The stores that are closing are in low income neighborhoods, where
    Walmart has always had a problem with shrinkage. In the current job
    market most of the people they laid off should be able to find employment quickly. The managers are an exception. Sometimes, even though they knew
    they were putting those managers in a difficult situation, they are often cruel to managers when things don't go well. You can be fired, demoted or transfered to Siberia. There aren't many places worse than where they are now.

It was rather cruel that they laid people off instead of trying to transferring as many people as they could to stores that badly need more people. Now those people will have to reapply if they want to continue
    to work for Walmart. This is probably because the employees also get
    blamed for the problem too. Everywhere and always a lot of the shrinkage
    is due to the employees. The employees are probably better off anyway. Walmart pays a quarterly bonus based on the store's performance. Those
    people have been getting nothing or almost nothing for many years. In a
    store that's performing well the bonuses can add up to serious money.

TB

So those former Walmart employees are suffering… in the booming PNW at
    that. This is at least in part due to liberal policies. Bring it, CC&P.

--
    “If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will
    always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05