• Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor to registe

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 2 16:43:34 2023
    Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor to register with the state

"TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics."

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/florida-bill-would-require-bloggers-who-write-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

LOL I wonder if this will be considered blogging under their law? If not I may need a blog just so I can be openly non-compliant. Hey, what's a little fascism between friends?

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Mar 2 22:58:00 2023
    On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 4:43:36 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
    Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor to register with the state

"TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics."

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/florida-bill-would-require-bloggers-who-write-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

LOL I wonder if this will be considered blogging under their law? If not I may need a blog just so I can be openly non-compliant. Hey, what's a little fascism between friends?

TB

I wonder how anyone could think they could pull a law like that off? Hasn't he ever heard of the 1st Amendment? I figure "Jason", is just sucking up to Gov. DeSatan, and showing his Fascist mindset, to seek favor from his boss....

Thomas Paine XIII

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Fri Mar 3 06:43:44 2023
    On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 10:58:02 PM UTC-8, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 4:43:36 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:

"TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face
    fines.

TB
    I wonder how anyone could think they could pull a law like that off? Hasn't he ever heard of the 1st Amendment? I figure "Jason", is just sucking up to Gov. DeSatan, and showing his Fascist mindset, to seek favor from his boss....

Thomas Paine XIII

A lot of these proposals are simply meant to chill free speech, whether or not it ever becomes a law. It's an open fascist threat. The new "anti" drag queen law in TN is a good example of this. They haven't outlawed anything anyone was doing. You
    can go out in drag as much as you like, as long as you don't "appeal to someone's prurient interests". I absolutely love this section of the law.

https://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2021/title-39/chapter-17/part-10/section-39-17-1002/

“Prurient interest” means a shameful or morbid interest in sex; and

Sexual activity” means any of the following acts:"

That's just delightfully vague and it's meant to be. It probably describes just about every teenage boy. Depending on who is deciding what it means it could describe a lot of people. This thing isn't intended to be enforceable. It's political
    theater. They're making a grand show of protecting children from the threat posed by drag queens while doing almost nothing. Basically you can't do adult cabaret theater on the streets in TN. No one was doing this and they have made sure that no one will.

Still, I'll bet it would make you think twice before you stepped out in public wearing a wig and a bra. Which reminds me of this ridiculous story.

"Canadian teacher placed on leave after months of debate over size Z prosthetic breasts"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-teacher-prosthetic-breasts-ontario-b2292969.html

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05