• Fakes News

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 28 07:01:06 2023
    "Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the conservative media empire that owns Fox News, acknowledged in a deposition that several hosts for his networks promoted the false narrative that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald J. Trump, and that
    he could have stopped them but didn’t, court documents released on Monday showed.

“They endorsed,” Mr. Murdoch said under oath in response to direct questions about the Fox hosts Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo, according to a legal filing by Dominion Voting Systems. “I would have liked us to be
    stronger in denouncing it in hindsight,” he added, while also disclosing that he was always dubious of Mr. Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud.

Asked whether he doubted Mr. Trump, Mr. Murdoch responded: “Yes. I mean, we thought everything was on the up-and-up.” At the same time, he rejected the accusation that Fox News as a whole had endorsed the stolen election narrative. “Not Fox,” he
    said. “No. Not Fox.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/27/business/media/fox-news-dominion-rupert-murdoch.html?unlocked_article_code=m2UID43djjUOVrJSEe9Gb5JA0FnedGdj0LxbnZmstoXG9H7K8yzK4lpweE1StFshZJ6hNBCck_89ZihLOd9hgkHBEoMeACz-YF_Ovdv1ESHMQFjF8od7C7LrYS-
    aYbS9YD89Xg4kxZAdDxcqPJ0KnlGjatPmoSEPUj3c2-LBUnTIa2DTDynox9XSBft0DNuXKtE97eURP4nxd-8i25dEhVY-08ewQJRNlDvI_xNDGvuy28rlZwirD_fI1hZcGTlISxxswF8yhMZvI2JdxCDv6tzCX8PrAELxMrPeHq-nzL-P1Bt3XKruHKoUiV1FYOJsnusuf6yPC0LCMaUri8DpxeclnNVJsapXo3-LoeUTEeWw&smid=url-

"Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going
    anywhere. Fully 28 percent of Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican
    pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/28/trump-voters-republican-primary-00084652

Fearful? Of what? That the orange loser might die before the election? He's working hard to get Biden reelected.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Feb 28 15:39:06 2023
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

"Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the conservative media empire that owns Fox News, acknowledged in a deposition that several hosts for his networks promoted the false narrative that the 2020 election was stolen from
    former President Donald J. Trump, and that he could have stopped them but didn’t, court documents released on Monday showed.

“They endorsed,” Mr. Murdoch said under oath in response to direct questions about the Fox hosts Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo, according to a legal filing by Dominion Voting Systems.
    “I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it in hindsight,” he added, while also disclosing that he was always dubious of Mr. Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud.

Asked whether he doubted Mr. Trump, Mr. Murdoch responded: “Yes. I mean,
    we thought everything was on the up-and-up.” At the same time, he
    rejected the accusation that Fox News as a whole had endorsed the stolen election narrative. “Not Fox,” he said. “No. Not Fox.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/27/business/media/fox-news-dominion-rupert-murdoch.html?unlocked_article_code=m2UID43djjUOVrJSEe9Gb5JA0FnedGdj0LxbnZmstoXG9H7K8yzK4lpweE1StFshZJ6hNBCck_89ZihLOd9hgkHBEoMeACz-YF_Ovdv1ESHMQFjF8od7C7LrYS-
    aYbS9YD89Xg4kxZAdDxcqPJ0KnlGjatPmoSEPUj3c2-LBUnTIa2DTDynox9XSBft0DNuXKtE97eURP4nxd-8i25dEhVY-08ewQJRNlDvI_xNDGvuy28rlZwirD_fI1hZcGTlISxxswF8yhMZvI2JdxCDv6tzCX8PrAELxMrPeHq-nzL-P1Bt3XKruHKoUiV1FYOJsnusuf6yPC0LCMaUri8DpxeclnNVJsapXo3-LoeUTEeWw&smid=url-

"Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of
    Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent
    NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going anywhere. Fully 28 percent of Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that
    they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according
    to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/28/trump-voters-republican-primary-00084652

Fearful? Of what? That the orange loser might die before the
    election? He's working hard to get Biden reelected.

TB

Trump! Trump! Trump! Alive and well and filling the empty space in your
    head.

--
    “If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will
    always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Feb 28 09:53:24 2023
    On Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 7:39:09 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the conservative media empire that owns Fox News, acknowledged in a deposition that several hosts for his networks promoted the false narrative that the 2020 election was stolen from
    former President Donald J. Trump, and that he could have stopped them but didn’t, court documents released on Monday showed.

“They endorsed,” Mr. Murdoch said under oath in response to direct questions about the Fox hosts Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo, according to a legal filing by Dominion Voting Systems. “I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it in hindsight,” he
    added, while also disclosing that he was always dubious of Mr. Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud.

Asked whether he doubted Mr. Trump, Mr. Murdoch responded: “Yes. I mean, we thought everything was on the up-and-up.” At the same time, he rejected the accusation that Fox News as a whole had endorsed the stolen election narrative. “Not Fox,” he said. “No. Not Fox.”"

"Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going anywhere. Fully 28 percent of Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that
    they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is
    so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him."

TB

Trump! Trump! Trump! Alive and well and filling the empty space in your head.

--
    “If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump

Your tag line is perfect for a monochromatic thinker. The world is not nearly as all black or white as your thinking. There are many shades of gray and many other colors. It's humanly possible to neither hate nor love someone or something. There
    are reasons why we have names for many other emotions, even if you have never personally experienced any of them.The orange loser has always been in the entertainment business. He's still working.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=monochromatic

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Feb 28 13:05:02 2023
    On 2/28/2023 11:53 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 7:39:09 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the conservative media empire that owns Fox >>> News, acknowledged in a deposition that several hosts for his networks
    promoted the false narrative that the 2020 election was stolen from
    former President Donald J. Trump, and that he could have stopped them but >>> didn’t, court documents released on Monday showed.

“They endorsed,” Mr. Murdoch said under oath in response to direct
    questions about the Fox hosts Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and >>> Maria Bartiromo, according to a legal filing by Dominion Voting Systems. >>> “I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it in hindsight,” he
    added, while also disclosing that he was always dubious of Mr. Trump’s >>> claims of widespread voter fraud.

Asked whether he doubted Mr. Trump, Mr. Murdoch responded: “Yes. I mean, >>> we thought everything was on the up-and-up.” At the same time, he
    rejected the accusation that Fox News as a whole had endorsed the stolen >>> election narrative. “Not Fox,” he said. “No. Not Fox.”"

"Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of
    Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves
    supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent >>> NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going anywhere. Fully 28 percent of >>> Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that
    they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according >>> to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican >>> pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is
    so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him."

TB

Trump! Trump! Trump! Alive and well and filling the empty space in your
    head.

--
    “If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will
    always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump

Your tag line is perfect for a monochromatic thinker. The world is not nearly as all black or white as your thinking. There are many shades of gray and many other colors. It's humanly possible to neither hate nor love someone or something.
    There are reasons why we have names for many other emotions, even if you have never personally experienced any of them.The orange loser has always been in the entertainment business. He's still working.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=monochromatic

TB

Oh boy, another opportunity...WHAT?! You continue to prove the accuracy
    of my tag line with almost every post you make. By the way, unless I'm
    watching reruns on METV, my thoughts are always multi-colored.
    --
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem," - Ronald Reagan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05