• OT? - More Non-Suffering

From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 23 16:26:45 2023
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us-housing-market-sees-drop-value-biggest-2008
    --
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Thu Feb 23 17:11:25 2023
    On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 2:26:47 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us-housing-market-sees-drop-value-biggest-2008
    --
    and leaving the scene."

You're late to the party. I've posted about this. It's pretty simple. The money all has to come from somewhere. If interest rates go up, sooner or later, property values have to go down. They are expected to go down even further in many markets.
    The bankers are raising the interest rates. They say it's for our own good. There will be some suffering. I have never said there was no suffering anywhere. There is always some suffering everywhere. Unfortunately for Republicans, there won't be nearly
    as much suffering as you're hoping for, barring an unexpected major national disaster or more general warfare. For most folks this is a minor blip that they won't even notice until they're ready to sell, if then. If they die before they're ready to sell
    this will just reduce their property taxes a little. My sister-in-law bought right before the bubble burst the last time around. By the time she was ready to sell she came out of the deal just fine.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Feb 23 19:25:06 2023
    On 2/23/2023 7:11 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 2:26:47 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    --
    and leaving the scene."

You're late to the party. I've posted about this. It's pretty simple. The money all has to come from somewhere. If interest rates go up, sooner or later, property values have to go down. They are expected to go down even further in many markets.
    The bankers are raising the interest rates. They say it's for our own good. There will be some suffering. I have never said there was no suffering anywhere. There is always some suffering everywhere. Unfortunately for Republicans, there won't be nearly
    as much suffering as you're hoping for, barring an unexpected major national disaster or more general warfare. For most folks this is a minor blip that they won't even notice until they're ready to sell, if then. If they die before they're ready to sell
    this will just reduce their property taxes a little. My sister-in-law bought right before the bubble burst the last time around. By the time she was ready to sell she came out of the deal just fine.

TB

You continue to use your malfunctioning crystal ball. I DO NOT want
    people to suffer. I am pointing out that because of Biden's policies,
    which apparently you support, people are suffering. Not everyone can
    save $8.7 mil on their electric bills. By the way one minor blip and
    then another and before you know it you have two minor blips. Given that
    our president is a major blip, this is not unexpected.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05