• OT? - I Don't Have a Problem With It

From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 12 10:39:33 2023
    ...but, how has that worked out for marijuana? Has it reduced illegal
    drug usage? I'm not sure I know but I'm sure I know someone here who does.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-politician-suggests-fix-states-brazen-prostitution-legalize-it
    --
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Feb 14 15:54:55 2023
    On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 8:39:35 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    drug usage? I'm not sure I know but I'm sure I know someone here who does.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-politician-suggests-fix-states-brazen-prostitution-legalize-it
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Even by your usual standards this is a particularly retarded hair-ball. Do have a point, other than you have no problem with something and that something *might* be prostitution, or maybe marijuana or maybe something you haven't even mentioned yet?

By what magical device would marijuana legalization have any effect on the use of other illegal drugs? For many decades we were told that it was a "gateway" drug that would lead to worse drugs and addiction and death. I'm one of the people in
    Oregon who voted to legalize. There are a long list of reasons why this is a good idea. The reduction of the use of illegal drugs isn't one of them. Prices are down and I suspect that usage has gone up. Even with the taxes you can buy an ounce of dried
    flowers for less than $40. Before we legalized that same ounce would have sold for at least $100 and more likely something closer to $200.

I would not expect legalizing prostitution to reduce the amount of prostitution or other crimes related to sex. That really isn't the point. What they are suggesting is that we try to reduce the amount of harm caused by these activities. Maybe
    they could get people to take it behind closed doors more consistently if that was all you had to do to keep from being arrested? Or maybe not. This is after all CA, where they managed to screw up marijuana legalization.

I read something awhile back about the Dutch trying to put an end to their famous red district in Amsterdam. Part of the problem was that it was drawing too many tourists who were just sight seeing. Maybe CA could so something like that and set
    it up so they had plenty of room for the tourists to gawk. They could have theme parks for sex.

Any way you look at it, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is simply insane.

Look at the bright side. If marijuana is an example of what happens, quality will go up and prices will go down.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Feb 14 18:50:12 2023
    On 2/14/2023 5:54 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 8:39:35 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    drug usage? I'm not sure I know but I'm sure I know someone here who does. >>
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Even by your usual standards this is a particularly retarded hair-ball. Do have a point, other than you have no problem with something and that something *might* be prostitution, or maybe marijuana or maybe something you haven't even mentioned
    yet?

By what magical device would marijuana legalization have any effect on the use of other illegal drugs? For many decades we were told that it was a "gateway" drug that would lead to worse drugs and addiction and death. I'm one of the people in
    Oregon who voted to legalize. There are a long list of reasons why this is a good idea. The reduction of the use of illegal drugs isn't one of them. Prices are down and I suspect that usage has gone up. Even with the taxes you can buy an ounce of dried
    flowers for less than $40. Before we legalized that same ounce would have sold for at least $100 and more likely something closer to $200.

I would not expect legalizing prostitution to reduce the amount of prostitution or other crimes related to sex. That really isn't the point. What they are suggesting is that we try to reduce the amount of harm caused by these activities. Maybe
    they could get people to take it behind closed doors more consistently if that was all you had to do to keep from being arrested? Or maybe not. This is after all CA, where they managed to screw up marijuana legalization.

I read something awhile back about the Dutch trying to put an end to their famous red district in Amsterdam. Part of the problem was that it was drawing too many tourists who were just sight seeing. Maybe CA could so something like that and
    set it up so they had plenty of room for the tourists to gawk. They could have theme parks for sex.

Any way you look at it, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is simply insane.

Look at the bright side. If marijuana is an example of what happens, quality will go up and prices will go down.

TB

Haven't used this in a while... WHAT!? I thought you might have gotten
    over your rambling, babbling BS but I guess not.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Feb 14 20:32:44 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 8:39:35 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony
    wrote:
    ...but, how has that worked out for marijuana? Has it reduced
    illegal drug usage? I'm not sure I know but I'm sure I know
    someone here who does.

--
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to
    reverse and leaving the scene."

Even by your usual standards this is a particularly retarded
    hair-ball. Do have a point, other than you have no problem with
    something and that something *might* be prostitution, or maybe
    marijuana or maybe something you haven't even mentioned yet?

By what magical device would marijuana legalization have any effect
    on the use of other illegal drugs? For many decades we were told
    that it was a "gateway" drug that would lead to worse drugs and
    addiction and death. I'm one of the people in Oregon who voted to
    legalize. There are a long list of reasons why this is a good idea.
    The reduction of the use of illegal drugs isn't one of them. Prices
    are down and I suspect that usage has gone up. Even with the taxes
    you can buy an ounce of dried flowers for less than $40. Before we
    legalized that same ounce would have sold for at least $100 and
    more likely something closer to $200.

I would not expect legalizing prostitution to reduce the amount of prostitution or other crimes related to sex. That really isn't the
    point. What they are suggesting is that we try to reduce the amount
    of harm caused by these activities. Maybe they could get people to
    take it behind closed doors more consistently if that was all you
    had to do to keep from being arrested? Or maybe not. This is after
    all CA, where they managed to screw up marijuana legalization.

I read something awhile back about the Dutch trying to put an end
    to their famous red district in Amsterdam. Part of the problem was
    that it was drawing too many tourists who were just sight seeing.
    Maybe CA could so something like that and set it up so they had
    plenty of room for the tourists to gawk. They could have theme
    parks for sex.

Snow White and the seven dwarfs?

Any way you look at it, doing the same thing over and over and
    expecting different results is simply insane.

Look at the bright side. If marijuana is an example of what
    happens, quality will go up and prices will go down.

TB

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05